Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

May 22, 2006
City supporters see him as a decent right back but not quite ready for the Championship. They have a few injury problems of their own but Lee Johnson seems reluctant to give him a run in the first team.

A loan move makes sense for City. Not quite so obvious as to why he is coming here, as forwards and a midfielder is much more of a priority. We still have Oscar and Miller as right backs. If he releases Oscar to midfield, it won't really replace the physical presence of Toums.

It will be expected that Vyner gets match time. A good edition but we need to decide where to play him. Mind you, we played Bobby Reid on the wing, despite not being able to cross a ball and he's now a prolific striker, and Joe Bryan in midfield and he's now an attacking wing back.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
My only comment would be is that Argyle have sacrificed a few inches in defence in order to sign him. Yahoo Sport quotes him as being only 5ft 10 in tall as compared to the colussus of Sokholik. I accept he is probably swifter on his feet. I note he was on loan at Accrington last season and may well have played against Argyle for them. If so, he must have impressed DA and at 20 years of age he could well be a good capture.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
If he's being brought in to play centre-back as Johnson suggests then I suspect Bradley is off.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Ade the green":3an90n0q said:
Okay, so here’s the thing. Sokolik only left or only appeared to leave Monday, so how come we’ve managed to replace him whereas we’ve needed a forward since August and we’re no further forward on getting this problem solved.

Jakub was up the life centre Gym in his training kit this morning so has not gone anywhere yet.

Oct 24, 2013
Why if we sign a loan player with quality the immediate thought is that we are about to sell? Seems a fairly like for like for the departing/departed Sokolik and provide competition for places, which is vital to combat complacency.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
My first thought was also Bradley off, either way an asset if anywhere near as successful as Bryan and Reid.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Mark Pedlar":1jjyzpew said:
If he's being brought in to play centre-back as Johnson suggests then I suspect Bradley is off.
If he's being brought in as a replacement for Bradley I'd be concerned. He's very much a right sided player and so not a natural replacement for Bradley.

Jul 29, 2010
I hope this means Oscar moving into midfield, not Sonny moving to Luton.

Option 1 means to some extent we've covered Toums departure, option 2 means we're still at square one in terms of defensive options while remaining at square zero for midfield and about square -2 for forwards.

Even if/when he becomes an 'incoming' it'll still to be an undecided jury until we know where he's played and whether an outgoing player will emerge.

In summary sounds like a good prospect (and any gloom that arises will be no reflection on the lad himself) but until we see ALL the chess moves the jury will remain out.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark Pedlar":130ouhyx said:

:yawn:

We had this in the summer, every time an attacking midfielder was set to sign... that meant Carey was off. Every time a central defender was touted, that meant Bradley was off.

I find it very hard to believe a young right-sided ball playing defender at 5ft 10 is being signed to replace experienced and physically dominant CB Sonny Bradley at 6ft 5.

Far more likely he kills two birds with one stone, after the departure of Sokolik and the lack of depth/quality at right back.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cheshiregreen":1g6sy8ef said:
And he chose us ahead of Rotherham. Nice to see location working in our favour.

Not just Rotherham either because according to Johnson there was lots of interest in Vyner. So we've done well to get him - pending an official announcement.

There's no way he's a replacement for Bradley because he's a different type of defender and right footed.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Would not surprisr me if he was a replacement fot either Edwards or Bradley they are to similar leaving big holes in the centre.

Oct 24, 2013
PASOTI for the last week; where are all the incomings? Come on DA! Sign someone FFS. Same old bleddy Argo.

We sign someone.

PASOTI now; Well that means someone’s off then.

Mar 8, 2016
lyndhurst green":fxz1a6rz said:
PASOTI for the last week; where are all the incomings? Come on DA! Sign someone FFS. Same old bleddy Argo.

We sign someone.

PASOTI now; Well that means someone’s off then.

That’s due to the position he plays, fans weren’t expecting a defender to be brought in.