Mourinho - what a winker | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mourinho - what a winker

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
The game yesterday was a massive borefest by the way, time wasting, parking the bus etc. Not great for neutrals.
I'm sure they could have won that game had they just went for it.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
That’s the other thing that is so irritating about him – the complete hypocrisy that he appears to be totally unaware of. When a club with a fraction of his resources goes to Stamford Bridge and plays for a point they “park the bus” or (as he accused West Ham of) “play 19th century football”. But when he sends out a team to stifle, time waste and bore people to death – like last night – it’s disciplined & professional. He’s a terrific tactician, no argument, but his teams have consistently been dull and unimaginative (unless they’re destroying obviously weaker opposition) compared to the teams that the likes of Fergie, Wenger, Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and now Brendan Rodgers & Pellegrini produce.

N

NorfolkGreen

I'm not a Chelsea fan, but I would rather Mourinho and trophies than Wenger and sod all. The ideal would be an attractive style and trophies, bit like we are going to have next season.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
"We" as in Argyle?! :crazy:

Hey, if Mourinho wants a real challenge, how about a season of pro bono work at Home Park? :shock: :lol:

N

NorfolkGreen

Of course we as in Argyle, I'm trying to be positive or it could be this flu medication?

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I'm praying that Liverpool hammer the hell out of Chelsea tomorrow, not just because I want Liverpool to win the title and to pass a remarkable 100 League goals while doing so, but also because I'll be eager to see if Mourinho will manage to top even that graceless display of a week ago - assuming he would even deign to appear before the cameras in such circumstances.

Maybe the Chelsea press officer will be obliged to put The Spoilt One's words of wisdom to reporters via the medium of interpretative dance. :greensmile:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
MickyD":byyvjt14 said:
I'm praying that Liverpool hammer the hell out of Chelsea tomorrow, not just because I want Liverpool to win the title and to pass a remarkable 100 League goals while doing so, but also because I'll be eager to see if Mourinho will manage to top even that graceless display of a week ago - assuming he would even deign to appear before the cameras in such circumstances.

Maybe the Chelsea press officer will be obliged to put The Spoilt One's words of wisdom to reporters via the medium of interpretative dance. :greensmile:
:lol:
or perhaps through the medium of a mime artist who's off his mammaries on meths and crack. :whistle:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cornish Chris":2y85d8l4 said:
Absolutely gutted that Chelsea won today. If they win the double I'm done with football.

I can understand favouring one side over another but do you really care who wins it? To say you will be done with football is dramatically OTT.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Lundan Cabbie":3pivs8c5 said:
Cornish Chris":3pivs8c5 said:
Absolutely gutted that Chelsea won today. If they win the double I'm done with football.

I can understand favouring one side over another but do you really care who wins it? To say you will be done with football is dramatically OTT.
As, I think, is the previous post about "Cockney Scousers". Must we wish ill on a club just because their success without the help of "plastics" then inevitably attracts some plastics?

And are most of these so-called Cockney Scousers not just neutrals who have dared to say that, given a choice, they'd much rather see Liverpool win the title over Chelsea or Man City, who are genuinely "plastic" (if that's not an oxymoron) in that they've been more or less parachuted onto the top of the pile by virtue of vast cash injections by owners of effectively unlimited wealth?

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
MickyD":31t26io0 said:
Lundan Cabbie":31t26io0 said:
Cornish Chris":31t26io0 said:

As, I think, is the previous post about "Cockney Scousers". Must we wish ill on a club just because their success without the help of "plastics" then inevitably attracts some plastics?

And are most of these so-called Cockney Scousers not just neutrals who have dared to say that, given a choice, they'd much rather see Liverpool win the title over Chelsea or Man City, who are genuinely "plastic" (if that's not an oxymoron) in that they've been more or less parachuted onto the top of the pile by virtue of vast cash injections by owners of effectively unlimited wealth?

Liverpool have also had a vast cash injection enabling them to pay £150M in wages and recorded a loss of £50M in their last accounts falling foul of the financial fair play rules which of course will never be enforced. Their owner is a mere dollar billionaire and and such they are cited as doing things 'the right way' by pundits whilst those that try and live within their means can never hope to compete.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
That was an obvious comeback but Liverpool's cash injections pale into insignificance compared to what Chelsea and Man City have enjoyed in the years since Abramovich and Abu Dhabi United took their respective ownerships.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I find it quite sickening how many plastics there are in and around plymouth all talking about the Liverpool match.

May 22, 2006
I think the problem here is that the middle-classes have got their claws into football, and wherever the middle-classes go, blandness and pretension are sure to follow. It's not that long ago when negative tactics were derided quite heavily (Graham's Arsenal, Saunders' Villa etc).

But now we've got people like Henry Winter rubbing their imaginary beards at Mourinho's tactics, as if they're some kind of obscure masterpiece that only a true footballing connoisseur could ever appreciate, and not just a modern version of the tedious block-and-bore tactics that might have been employed by Ron Saunders.

This country needs to open more farmers markets and Icelandic jazz festivals to entice these people away from football, and bring it back to its roots.