Mourinho - what a winker | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mourinho - what a winker

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I've just watched the Chelsea v Sunderland game - check out Mourinho's (already) twice-stated "congratulations" speech.

Yes, a top manager, of course, but the only reason people outside Chelsea take him seriously outside the 90 minutes is that he's supposed to be "interesting" and a "character". Well, I suppose there are a lot of people living very dull lives, and that it never occurs to them that the tiny handful of people in modern sport who don't talk like emotionless robots are only behaving in exactly the way that almost everybody else behaves all the time.

I'm aware of the irony of troubling to come on here to write about this, but it's precisely because it p1sses me off that so many saps so readily fall for the act. I would include most reporters and TV pundits but of course it's in their interests to play along because they have to keep the pretence going in order that their employers may continue to sell advertising. As such, I always take their pronouncements on supposed characters with a very large pinch of salt.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
only two teams i don't have any respect for.man city and chelsea.all they do is throw money at players an expect to win everything.it looks like they will both miss out this season

C

Cobi Budge.

Usually have no issue with his antics as it shows passion but a really bad interview there from him, simply bitter about losing his record.

Sep 13, 2003
This game makes up for the West Brom game earlier in the season when the Baggies were robbed by the ref. Swings and roundabouts Jose.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sunderland have handed Liverpool the title this week with one of their players scoring the winner against Chelsea. The title decided by a player losing his footing and falling over. Funny old game.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not sure what you saw but it looked a pretty clear penalty to me in slow motion with the Chelsea defender's right leg taking out Altidore's left leg with the referee perfectly placed to see it. As Clarke says it's all swings and roundabouts over a season, where was Mourinho's outrage when WBA were robbed in the last minute at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season? Jose has always had a problem losing graciously.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
I don't like him but that's really only because he's a right nasty piece of work in my football manager game. We're in a bit of a rut at the moment and the media love it when it's Newcastle vs Chelsea because they over do it and not much is made into a big deal, sort of like real life when Mourinho made the 'little horse' comparison of the title race which the BBC have made into their fetish for the last few months, talk about something else for once.

I don't really like the bloke but just because he tries to play mind games all the time that never seem to work. Can't really blame him for being a bad loser though, certainly nothing wrong with that and you need it in order to stay conpetitive.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
PilgrimJosh":1feeahgr said:
Can't really blame him for being a bad loser though, certainly nothing wrong with that and you need it in order to stay conpetitive.
You can be a "bad loser" in that you're mad as hell that you lost and doubly determined not to let it happen again - most of the sporting greats have been bad losers in that very sense. It doesn't mean you have to behave like a graceless oaf in interviews while imagining that you're being all deep and charismatic and that people are hanging on your every word - which, unfortunately, too often they are.

If the press and TV stopped behaving as if he were some kind of gnomic rock star Yoda figure and started treating him like the rather ridiculous preener that he is, he'd soon drop it all - or leave for PSG or somewhere similar, bleating that the unsophisticated Brits didn't appreciate his greatness.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Exactly Mickey. There is a huge difference between being a bad loser as in mad as hell like you say and being totally graceless a good time after the end of the match with a prattish interview like that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jerryatricjanner":ato9t4l4 said:
Not sure what you saw but it looked a pretty clear penalty to me in slow motion with the Chelsea defender's right leg taking out Altidore's left leg with the referee perfectly placed to see it. As Clarke says it's all swings and roundabouts over a season, where was Mourinho's outrage when WBA were robbed in the last minute at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season? Jose has always had a problem losing graciously.

If you're replying to me I meant Azpilicueta falling over outside the box and losing the ball to Altidore. Fine margins.

Dec 7, 2006
jerryatricjanner":27klf8js said:
Exactly Mickey. There is a huge difference between being a bad loser as in mad as hell like you say and being totally graceless a good time after the end of the match with a prattish interview like that.
Couldnt agree more. Cant stand the guy and the more bad luck that comes his and Chelsea's way the better.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
You aren't telling me if that penalty incident had been in the Sunderland area Jose would have not been jumping around screaming for a foul/penalty...