Get well soon Mrs. Loud | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get well soon Mrs. Loud

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
pearces greens":1o0wrjdf said:
Knarf Reprah":1o0wrjdf said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1o0wrjdf said:
Knarf Reprah":1o0wrjdf said:
Why should they be standing in the rows of seats either?

That's what actually happens in the real world of English football Frank. Particularly, in this case, when we've just scored a goal.
Well it's wrong ! SIT DOWN
Do the fans that stand at matches in seated areas, stand in front of their sofas to watch televised games I wonder ? :sigh:
no pearces green because a "match" on T.V. is not real.the plastics are at home loving their first division mercenaries with tins of beer and packets of doritos in their "paws". :)

L

Lee Jameson

Richard and Carol are back home in Chobham now.

Carol spent 7 hours in Newport A&E and has a fractured arm but will be at Home Park next weekend.

Jul 13, 2006
Good to hear that. Loud's a quality geezer. Me and my daughter were at a fanfest once and he gave her his scarf.
Get well soon Mrs Loud!

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
pearces greens":1pyjpald said:
Knarf Reprah":1pyjpald said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1pyjpald said:
Knarf Reprah":1pyjpald said:

That's what actually happens in the real world of English football Frank. Particularly, in this case, when we've just scored a goal.
Do the fans that stand at matches in seated areas, stand in front of their sofas to watch televised games I wonder ? :sigh:

I stood for most of our play off away at Pompey which I was watching on the tv actually.

I don't have a problem with standing at football it happens across the country every weekend. When a goal is scored everyone is standing. The difference in this case from what I've read was the surge of people stood in the aisle where they shouldn't have been

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
jimbo_the_green":1h02u933 said:
pearces greens":1h02u933 said:
Knarf Reprah":1h02u933 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1h02u933 said:
Knarf Reprah":1h02u933 said:

I stood for most of our play off away at Pompey which I was watching on the tv actually.

I don't have a problem with standing at football it happens across the country every weekend. When a goal is scored everyone is standing. The difference in this case from what I've read was the surge of people stood in the aisle where they shouldn't have been

Newport always over sell the game and there aren't enough seats in their pop up stand to cope. At least this year they opened up the front row. Last season they taped the front row of seats shut and stewards wouldn't let anyone stand there; the crowding on the aisles was much worse.

Jan 8, 2006
The stewards and the security staff really need to do their jobs properly. Having pop up seating stands is just so dangerous when people are allowed to stand up in the seats or isles. In the area where I was seated as you just enter there were so many empty seats. These should have been filled if people were standing in isles. The tickets were allocated with a seat number and row, but the seating area had no labeling and people sat (or stood) anywhere. I asked the turnstile person about this when I went in and he said I had to sit in my allocate ed seat! How I was supposed to find it I dont know! I feel very sorry for Mrs Loud. I do not know the facts of her injury but it seems she was shoved forward from behind by those standing. All the Argyle fans should have been seated in their allocated seats. We do it at Home Park with no problems and there is no standing in the isles or standing in seating areas. Also the grass corridor areas are a nightmare to walk on and very dangerous. At least put down plastic matting to stop slipping. I am going to phone Newport FC about this.

Apr 6, 2009
It was awful, I saw it happen and it was a situation that should never happen. I'm glad that shes ok ish (if you can call it ok with a broken arm that shouldn't have happened)
It was also really unsafe in the front row. We were there with our young son and the problems post first penalty nearly saw a huge guy taking out our young son because he was pushed back by the stewards to stop him going over the fence. Surely rather than potentially injure a load of people behind him they could easily have just pulled him over where there were plenty of stewards and then removed him that way.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Should be a case for claiming compensation I'd have thought. Where there's blame there's a claim!

Anyway, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jan 3, 2013
kernow19":2qkic1c1 said:
And all because some fools can't understand that ground rules and regulations are there for a reason.

Read heearlier posts by the buffoons who insist on standing