Get well soon Mrs. Loud | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get well soon Mrs. Loud

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knarf Reprah":dqrycwm2 said:
kernow19":dqrycwm2 said:
And all because some fools can't understand that ground rules and regulations are there for a reason.

Read heearlier posts by the buffoons who insist on standing

This is a good case for the introduction of safe standing or the reintroduction of terracing. There should be an option. Sit or stand. Where there is not an option (the majority of grounds), people stand in seating areas. This can cause a great deal of issues. Look at the Olympic stadium farce. To say one is right or wrong ignores the issue. The government need to amended legislation that prevents clubs from installing a standing option for fans that is safe for all.

As for Newport. It's a pop up plastic stand with not enough seating to suit demand. This season was not as bad as previous years, but still result in an unfortunate accident occurring. I remember the Boxing Day game was sold out and announced all ticket a few years back, but tickets continued to be sold.

Standing wasn't necessarily the issue on Saturday. We've just got our unfortunate share of kn0bheads. A homophobic arse shouting at Day until his sending off and a few over aggressive meat heads ready to scrap with stewards.

Before the game we went into a pub and were told that Argyle fans had been in 45 minutes previous and were smashing the place up. Terrifying the locals and they had to hide the children behind the bar.

Dickheads ruin football matches, not standing.

My first visit to Rodney Parade. I thought the ground was dangerous.
I was allocated a seated in the front row along the side. Thought it was odd there was no access from the left side, a crowd barrier being in place there. Access was therefore via underneath the stand. This was however narrow and very badly organised, a row of crowd barriers dividing the already narrow corridor presumably to form a queue for the bogs and retail facility. Find yourself on the right hand side like I and several others did but not wanting food, it's a trickly reversing manoevure. Selection of drinkers blocking the left side. No stewards on hand in this overcrowded area. Finally got out onto the stand and notified the steward of the issue downstairs. He couldn't have been less interested. Finally got to my seat. The reason for the routing was then a little clearer, they have put seats on what should be a throughway at the front of the stand, barely room for anyone to walk in frint of the seat, and the front row was actually below pitch level. Ridiculous lack of a view.
Not seen so many police in a town on a match day for a long time. Generally unpleasant atmosphere.

Here's to a swift recovery for Mrs Loud.

May 1, 2011
Knarf Reprah":15abpz2n said:
kernow19":15abpz2n said:
And all because some fools can't understand that ground rules and regulations are there for a reason.

Read heearlier posts by the buffoons who insist on standing

In any big tense away game fans tend to stand. 2 away games at Pompey last year we didn't sit for 180 minutes, it just what happens during tense games.

That said all the best to Mrs Loud.

Aug 14, 2014
Add to the reasons for absent fans under the Topic/Thread "One of the problems with our fan base."
Standing in aisles. Standing in allocated seat area. Idiots trying to run onto the pitch.
All potentially leading to the injury of innocents by indirect contact (chain reaction) by so called supporters who ignore ground regulations, plastic brains in the so called "real world of English football." Someone will reply that it has/can not happen at Home Park----not yet?? Does anyone seriously believe safe standing can be safe in the alcohol fuelled least expensive areas of English football grounds?

It seems Mrs Loud will return, but will probably be more circumspect as to where she sits or stands in future. Many recipients of such an injury would never return and also prevent their young children from attending.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Mrs Loud.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Southampton Hake":112bzcia said:
Does anyone seriously believe safe standing can be safe in the alcohol fuelled least expensive areas of English football grounds?

It seems Mrs Loud will return, but will probably be more circumspect as to where she sits or stands in future. Many recipients of such an injury would never return and also prevent their young children from attending.

Could you go into more detail as to why you don't think safe standing is safe? If anything it's safer than standing in normal seating areas (Which happens at every ground in the country at every level of football). Take the incident that happened at Newport for example. Safe standing provides a big metal bar in front of you so you wouldn't get people flying into a different row and injuring other people.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Argy1e":1gitbofh said:
Southampton Hake":1gitbofh said:
Does anyone seriously believe safe standing can be safe in the alcohol fuelled least expensive areas of English football grounds?

Could you go into more detail as to why you don't think safe standing is safe? If anything it's safer than standing in normal seating areas (Which happens at every ground in the country at every level of football). Take the incident that happened at Newport for example. Safe standing provides a big metal bar in front of you so you wouldn't get people flying into a different row and injuring other people.

He's already given his reason. Us standing lot are poverty pee heads always out for trouble and fights... obviously.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Just to add my two pennyworth, I am in my 60's (therefore not the stereotypical pi*s-head), but I would prefer to stand to watch Argyle in any stadium, any time. You could put an armchair in as a seat - I'd still rather stand !

That said, I am aware of my surroundings and, if told to sit down from those around me, I do (or move to a more suitable place).

It is a personal choice. I do recognise the inherent dangers of standing in a seated area if someone behind goes crazy, as Mrs Loud has sadly experienced. In some ways it adds to the argument for safe standing areas in grounds, albeit I have not experienced one as yet, they must be safer than falling over low seats !

Best wishes Carol.

A

ArgyleAndy

Surely going to an away game you must realise that the majority of fans want to stand.

I didn't go to Newport so don't know what happened but usually there's plenty of spaces for people that prefer to sit... you don't have to sit where your ticket says - even at Stevenage where it was 'allocated seats only' I still managed to go wherever I wanted.

Jan 3, 2013
Cue chaos! I repeat, what about the aged, young and disabled. When I travel away I sit in my ALLOCATED seat.

A

ArgyleAndy

Right so if your 'allocated' seat was right in the middle of the group of fans who want to stand and create an atmosphere and there were quite a few empty seats available elsewhere you would choose to remain there and not move somewhere more suitable for you?