Get well soon Mrs. Loud | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get well soon Mrs. Loud

A

ArgyleAndy

freddie2greens and Frank... so you turn up the away end and find Pieface and his mob standing where you're supposed to be sitting. BUT there are about 50 empty seats just to your right... you're telling me it wouldn't be less hassle just to move into one of those empty seats?

Apr 29, 2016
PAFC94":30tarvn5 said:
Why should I have to sit because the person behind me wants to sit? You don't usually have an option to choose your seat when buying a ticket so it should be unallocated seating first come first served. I always get in to an away ground early and stand near the back regardless of where my allocated seat is. If you want to sit go down the front and if you want to stand go to the back. What really gripes me is when you get some twit behind you insisting you sit down when there are hundreds of empty seats for them to sit in and not be obstructed.

The reason why you should have to sit is because you have purchased a ticket in a seated area. You can only stand in an area for standing, none of which is available at a club which has previously been in the championship. Why do you feel that you have dispensation to break the current rules?

Nov 4, 2012
philmeboots":ie73v5z7 said:
PAFC94":ie73v5z7 said:
Why should I have to sit because the person behind me wants to sit? You don't usually have an option to choose your seat when buying a ticket so it should be unallocated seating first come first served. I always get in to an away ground early and stand near the back regardless of where my allocated seat is. If you want to sit go down the front and if you want to stand go to the back. What really gripes me is when you get some twit behind you insisting you sit down when there are hundreds of empty seats for them to sit in and not be obstructed.

The reason why you should have to sit is because you have purchased a ticket in a seated area. You can only stand in an area for standing, none of which is available at a club which has previously been in the championship. Why do you feel that you have dispensation to break the current rules?

So you disapprove of all the lads that stand at the back of the Devonport every game? Exactly what harm are we causing?

Jan 3, 2013
philmeboots":9z8c4vr2 said:
PAFC94":9z8c4vr2 said:

:nworthy: :nworthy:

A

ArgyleAndy

I get your points but you're just being awkward if you wouldn't move to a space a few seats away

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
They could always make the unreserved seating area in the corner. Doesn't have to be behind the goal - or does it?

A

ArgyleAndy

Just sit wherever you want, it's not about having to move. Can't remember the last time I sat in an allocated seat an away game.

If you're worrying about that, then I dread to think what you're like when anything meaningful happens :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If you knew what Frank has been through in the last few years, I think you'd retract that statement!

A

ArgyleAndy

Fair enough, didn't mean to cause offence. It's obvious we're never going to change each other's opinions so let's agree to disagree.

Jan 3, 2013
ArgyleAndy":3dsl3py2 said:
Fair enough, didn't mean to cause offence. It's obvious we're never going to change each other's opinions so let's agree to disagree.
No offence taken andy.
It's only our opinions, we will never agree, but so what, enjoy the match Saturday, I'll be sat down in block 11 along with 100% of the block!

Mar 29, 2011
This sounds to me like the 'normal big game' where people choose to do 1 of their 3 away trips a season. I can name you multiple occasions where 'daytrippers' come and dictate to the fans who travel away for most or every game.

These people turn up, sit in their allocated seats and moan when they are the only 2 people sat in a group of people stood up, more often that not, in an almost empty away end.

The people who stand at away games tend to pick the back corner, so as to be out of the way of people, yet these people still decide to sit in the seat at the back, preventing anybody from standing in front of them.

I appreciate Newport is always heaving with fans and moving away is not as easy, however looking at Greens on Screen, there are empty spcaes around. If standing within these people really affects you, move. It really is that simple.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Is this still a thread about a lady being quite severely injured by flying, uncontrollable bodies or about standing versus sitting. To take it a stage further, is this not at some point turn into an old versus young thread? In which case I'd respectfully remind the young that the old weren't born old, they have served their time standing in freezing stadia in the 50s, 60s,70s and 80s when there little choice but to stand for the entire 90 plus half time so please refrain from insults. And for the geriatrics amongst us remember that without the youngsters there will be no one to hand the club on to when move on to the biggest grandstand of them all. Most importantly, we have to live with each other as a club and fanbase. Collectively we do great things, put your differences aside and enjoy this hopefully successful season how you feel fit but realise others are different.