Get well soon Mrs. Loud | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get well soon Mrs. Loud

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Jasa":1u9ygf4w said:
This sounds to me like the 'normal big game' where people choose to do 1 of their 3 away trips a season. I can name you multiple occasions where 'daytrippers' come and dictate to the fans who travel away for most or every game.

These people turn up, sit in their allocated seats and moan when they are the only 2 people sat in a group of people stood up, more often that not, in an almost empty away end.

The people who stand at away games tend to pick the back corner, so as to be out of the way of people, yet these people still decide to sit in the seat at the back, preventing anybody from standing in front of them.

I appreciate Newport is always heaving with fans and moving away is not as easy, however looking at Greens on Screen, there are empty spcaes around. If standing within these people really affects you, move. It really is that simple.

I sincerely apologize for being a 'day tripper' and only attending the big away games. My bad.

Probably one of the most self-righteous statements I've read on this site.

Nov 4, 2012
Knarf Reprah":3rabkddt said:
ArgyleAndy":3rabkddt said:
I get your points but you're just being awkward if you wouldn't move to a space a few seats away

Why should I move for the likes of the manchild?

Why should I sit for the miseries?

Nov 4, 2012
Knarf Reprah":3c5z6g0w said:
ArgyleAndy":3c5z6g0w said:
Fair enough, didn't mean to cause offence. It's obvious we're never going to change each other's opinions so let's agree to disagree.
No offence taken andy.
It's only our opinions, we will never agree, but so what, enjoy the match Saturday, I'll be sat down in block 11 along with 100% of the block!

And then 100% of the block will leave on 85 minutes.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PAFC94":1s2k0dfg said:
Why should I have to sit because the person behind me wants to sit? You don't usually have an option to choose your seat when buying a ticket so it should be unallocated seating first come first served. I always get in to an away ground early and stand near the back regardless of where my allocated seat is. If you want to sit go down the front and if you want to stand go to the back. What really gripes me is when you get some twit behind you insisting you sit down when there are hundreds of empty seats for them to sit in and not be obstructed.

I sincerely hope that you are not the self centred, selfish, small minded individual that you appear to be on this thread. Stand where standing is allowed but sit where it is all that is permitted. You want to stand in a seating area, then you move.

Nov 4, 2012
justanotherfan":188f93c6 said:
PAFC94":188f93c6 said:
Why should I have to sit because the person behind me wants to sit? You don't usually have an option to choose your seat when buying a ticket so it should be unallocated seating first come first served. I always get in to an away ground early and stand near the back regardless of where my allocated seat is. If you want to sit go down the front and if you want to stand go to the back. What really gripes me is when you get some twit behind you insisting you sit down when there are hundreds of empty seats for them to sit in and not be obstructed.

I sincerely hope that you are not the self centred, selfish, small minded individual that you appear to be on this thread. Stand where standing is allowed but sit where it is all that is permitted. You want to stand in a seating area, then you move.

I stand at every game seating or not. At home games I stand at the back of block 3. At away games I get there in enough time so that I can stand at the back.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I thought that it was a requirement of the issuing of a ground safety certificate that all-seating areas were maintained as just that - seating only. If fans are allowed to stand in all-seating areas it's against the terms of the agreement and the certificate could be revoked. The stewards aren't doing their jobs if fans are being allowed to persistently stand.

I'm not pro or anti standing / seating per se but the original reason for this thread demonstrates perfectly why fans shouldn't be allowed to stand in seating areas.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
warney":2st7pg1k said:
I'm not pro or anti standing / seating per se but the original reason for this thread demonstrates perfectly why fans shouldn't be allowed to stand in seating areas. should have the option to go into a section of the ground that suits their viewing preference.

A cheeky amendment ;)

It's all about the option for me. The incident at Newport is unfortunate, but it has raised a good debate. Extreme (and occasionally petty) opinions expressed on both sides, but largely the sensible middle ground understands that standing in general at a ground is not dangerous. Its when there's a clash between two different types of fans that issues do occur.

The football league board should seek to represent its fans better and listen to how they want to progress with this issue. I believe that the reintroduction of standing sections is favoured by a majority of football fans (not that all want to stand, but that there's a pro-choice). Rather than piddling about sucking up to the PL, its about time the EFL chiefs represent fans of football league clubs a bit better in my opinion.

Sep 6, 2006
PAFC94":34amtx3b said:

You seem a bit of a plonker. You contradict yourself. If you stand at the back how can you be standing in front of somebody who complains?! :crazy:

Sep 6, 2006
SwimWithTheTide":1isdrkwp said:
warney":1isdrkwp said:
I'm not pro or anti standing / seating per se but the original reason for this thread demonstrates perfectly why fans shouldn't be allowed to stand in seating areas. should have the option to go into a section of the ground that suits their viewing preference.

A cheeky amendment ;)

It's all about the option for me. The incident at Newport is unfortunate, but it has raised a good debate. Extreme (and occasionally petty) opinions expressed on both sides, but largely the sensible middle ground understands that standing in general at a ground is not dangerous. Its when there's a clash between two different types of fans that issues do occur.

The football league board should seek to represent its fans better and listen to how they want to progress with this issue. I believe that the reintroduction of standing sections is favoured by a majority of football fans (not that all want to stand, but that there's a pro-choice). Rather than piddling about sucking up to the PL, its about time the EFL chiefs represent fans of football league clubs a bit better in my opinion.

The danger is standing in seating areas. If there were terraces people wouldn't be falling over seats!

Mar 29, 2011
TinTin":2bh3s8dp said:
So do we now have "I'm a better AWAY fan than you" thread ?

Is it that simple ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Nobody is scoring points anywhere, you're clearly on the defensive if you're even suggesting that it reads that.

Back to the point, I wouldn't come to a place you frequent and expect you to abide to my thinking and that should be reciprocated. This discussion only seems to happen during the big games and one off locals or bank holidays. Stevenage was almost a sell out with enforced allocated seating and that was handled by our own fans who wanted to stand up. These guys all went to the furthest corner at the very back so as to cause minimal disruption.

Portsmouth away in the league last year was another example, luckily their stewards didn't enforce allocated seating for the playoff game.

Would you go to the cinema and move somebody, even though there is other spaces to sit? It's the same thing. Actually, don't answer that.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Jasa":1cjuimty said:
TinTin":1cjuimty said:
So do we now have "I'm a better AWAY fan than you" thread ?

Is it that simple ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Nobody is scoring points anywhere, you're clearly on the defensive if you're even suggesting that it reads that.

Back to the point, I wouldn't come to a place you frequent and expect you to abide to my thinking and that should be reciprocated. This discussion only seems to happen during the big games and one off locals or bank holidays. Stevenage was almost a sell out with enforced allocated seating and that was handled by our own fans who wanted to stand up. These guys all went to the furthest corner at the very back so as to cause minimal disruption.

Portsmouth away in the league last year was another example, luckily their stewards didn't enforce allocated seating for the playoff game.

Would you go to the cinema and move somebody, even though there is other spaces to sit? It's the same thing. Actually, don't answer that.

If you really want to get back to the point you'd ask how Mrs Loud was. Read the thread title.

Would you go to the cinema with a drum and stand up throughout the film?

Sep 13, 2003
The complete lack of consideration for others from some fans on this thread is not really surprising. Probably the same idiots who defend the people who bring the flares into stadiums and aimlessly lob them around.

Mrs Loud is one of Argyle's most loyal fans, get well soon !

Jan 3, 2013
Clarke_B":17l07djn said:
The complete lack of consideration for others from some fans on this thread is not really surprising. Probably the same idiots who defend the people who bring the flares into stadiums and aimlessly lob them around.

Spot on!

Mar 29, 2011
Clarke_B":1g5stf97 said:

So if a daytripper got hurt it wouldn't matter? Is this about 'how good of a fan I am'? :funny: :funny:

All seriousness, nobody should get hurt during a hobby.