Get well soon Mrs. Loud | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get well soon Mrs. Loud

A

ArgyleAndy

Well there you go - only have yourself to blame really. Common sense says you would elsewhere.

Oct 23, 2016
I'm with argyleandy and I'm against modern football I am indeed sorry that the good lady loud was hurt and I don't agree you should get injured while watching a match but I am against sitting and if I had my way all seats would get ripped out

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Chigwellgreen":3pu1e3jh said:
I'm with argyleandy and I'm against modern football I am indeed sorry that the good lady loud was hurt and I don't agree you should get injured while watching a match but I am against sitting and if I had my way all seats would get ripped out

You'll need to get elected to the House of Commons to start. Then argue a motion that safe standing is BOTH viable and safe. Hopefully you'll encourage your peers to go along with your motion and be passed into law that standing can return to football stadia.

Next, you'll need to buy a seat on the board of your favourite football club and offer to finance the ripping out of seats and remodelling stands to accommodate standing whilst allowing everyone to stand.

Alternatively you can wake up to the fact that seating is not universally unwelcome. Argue for a safe standing area but allow Frank, myself and others that want to sit have that option.

A

ArgyleAndy

There is enough room to accommodate both sides of the argument, as long as people are prepared to move if they are in the unofficial 'standing area' then we'll have no problems.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The current situation of all seater stadia is that those who want to stand are doing so in protest of regulation (because it's right daft).

The powers that be need to reintroduce choice. We share a league for which the all-seater stadia is not enforced and we have away games at the likes of Exeter or Wimbledon for which choice is available. As far as I'm aware we've not had any issues or major injuries in out away games against either, despite large attendances.

Trying to force people either way is going to cause friction. I sincerely hope we can convert the Devonport one day into a safe standing section of Home Park. Although standing is not much of an issue at Home Park for us. We know where to go if we want to stand and where to go if we want to sit. The issue is more aimed at away games where the option doesn't exist.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
The problems come at places like Newport where there was no space to move into. I prefer to stand, but there was an elderly fan behind me who wanted to sit down so I sat for the duration of the match along with my dad who also finds it difficult to stand for 90 minutes.

I am 100% in favour of safe standing areas at games, but to say all the seats should be ripped out is ignorant and foolish.

A

ArgyleAndy

Okay maybe Newport was an exception - I wasn't there so can't judge.

But surely this IS an option at the majority of away games - it just means using a bit of common sense not to sit where people like to have fun :)

Nov 4, 2012
Knarf Reprah":s9kf48j9 said:
I repeat, disabled, children......don't be so selfish. At present it is the law.......so grow up

Why are you telling people to grow up? It's pathetic. Ok there should be seating avaliable for disabled supporters and the elderly but you seem adverse to anyone at all standing. The fact that you'd complain to a steward is tragic.

Oct 23, 2016
After reflecting on my previous comment I believe I was wrong to say all seats should be ripped out. I also believe argyleandy has some valid points when he states people need to have a bit of common sense. I believe loud to be a constant stander (I know who you are)

Apr 4, 2015
In the long run it would be better to have safe standing areas as an option but at the moment in most cases that isnt the case. Where it does exist there seems to be no problems and i believe that is because everyone stands in these areas.

The problems arise when people want to stand in areas that are not designed to be stood up in, which annoys people who want to sit down in their seats. For various reasons some people need to sit down whether the standing fans like it or not and as such it is selfish and inconsiderate to stand in front of them. Why should seated fans have to move because the likes of pafc94 and argyleandy want to stand? surely it is them that should move to a different area if they want to stand not the fans who are following the rules as they stand and are sat in their allocated seats.

I like to stand up to watch games if and when im allowed to but i wouldnt do it where it isnt as it is annoying to others and as is proven last week, dangerous. I agree with the points about the sterilisation of the game being annoying but standing in a seated terrace isnt the answer to changing things.

Campaigning for safe standing areas is the way to do it just like they did in scotland and germany and it worked, so instead of blaming your fellow fans write an email to the club/fa/fl etc and stop being so selfish to those around you.

Nov 4, 2012
Why should I have to sit because the person behind me wants to sit? You don't usually have an option to choose your seat when buying a ticket so it should be unallocated seating first come first served. I always get in to an away ground early and stand near the back regardless of where my allocated seat is. If you want to sit go down the front and if you want to stand go to the back. What really gripes me is when you get some tw@t behind you insisting you sit down when there are hundreds of empty seats for them to sit in and not be obstructed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Safe standing is politically difficult - perhaps impossible - in this country because of Hillsborough. At every stage, the Hillsborough families have objected to any kind of standing. Which I understand and of course have sympathy with, but can't help feel is stubborn and counter productive.

The terracing proposed is completely and utterly different to that of the 1980s, but no politician will stand against such an emotive subject.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PAFC94":3ob5d7zi said:
Knarf Reprah":3ob5d7zi said:
I repeat, disabled, children......don't be so selfish. At present it is the law.......so grow up

Why are you telling people to grow up? It's pathetic. Ok there should be seating avaliable for disabled supporters and the elderly but you seem adverse to anyone at all standing. The fact that you'd complain to a steward is tragic.

I am neither disabled nor am I elderly and having spent a good few years standing on terraces the novelty will soon wear off.

It's all about choice and your standpoint is to do away with that. If safe standing is an option it could well be incorporated in the new grandstand (should it happen) so maybe this is something to lobby JB about to look if there is the slightest possibility to do so. However, as the law stands, standing at Home Park is against regulations so it's a moot point.