Grandstand Update | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters
May 16, 2016
Barn Park corner is the first to go to provide the new changing rooms / tunnel before dismantling the current ones. This corner will be fitted out in preparation for the 2nd phase. The 'Garden' goes after that.

The roof will be extended (if I heard correctly) during the 2nd phase. The main building will extend backwards as far as the current fence on the edge of the carpark. The pitchside of the building will move towards the pitch to further increase internal space. Supporters bar in the area where the far post currently is. Disabled facilities will sit just below the corporate area and im sure I saw a lift incorporated into one drawing, in the area where the laundry is now.

The plan depending on finance is to be completed by Year 2020.

Considering what we have and tge money being spent, it looks to me - fron the plans available- to be excellent value for money. Once complete it will be a good blend of the old with the new.

Apr 30, 2011
Its not clear if both stage 1 and stage 2 are part of the £5 million funding from the Hallets, I suspect not. However, based on just stage 1 think that it is a really good proposition and I am happy. Obviously it will look more complete when stage 2 is complete and funding for that (I guess) will need to sourced.

Well done Argyle and thank you Mr and Mrs Hallett.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If stage 2 is outside of the £5 million, and it probably is, extra funding could come from naming rights and sponsorship of the grandstand.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":3qkvxbiv said:
If stage 2 is outside of the £5 million, and it probably is, extra funding could come from naming rights and sponsorship of the grandstand.
I'd like to think we would try and generate more money that way as most clubs do, but I seem to recall Brent saying that two names were sacrosanct with those being Home Park and the Mayflower Grandstand so I don't think we will.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
If that's the case then I'm surprised and disappointed that a lucrative avenue of additional income has been closed off on dubious sentimental grounds. Everyone will still call both by their original names anyway, same as the Geordies do/did with SJP when Ashley renamed it.

May 16, 2016
The goals we score when announced are sponsored by.......but it's still a goal.

*********? S' Home Park / Mayflower. ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argy1e":4t6i1qf7 said:
PL2 3DQ":4t6i1qf7 said:
I'd like to think we would try and generate more money that way as most clubs do, but I seem to recall Brent saying that two names were sacrosanct with those being Home Park and the Mayflower Grandstand so I don't think we will.

I don't remember JB saying there will be no naming rights, I might have missed it, is there a link for his comments?

We had the FES Devonport End four years ago.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Guiri Green":1v0vtas5 said:

Eurgh, i hate this logic. One of the worst i hear in football.

'Doesn't matter what they call it, we'll still refer to it as xxxxx'

No thanks, I'd rather my club's home was Home Park in every newspaper, TV show and website in the world, than Ginster Arena or something even more ridiculous like PlusDirect.com Stadium. Not to mention the fact that the original name will die out as new fans only know the new name.

Plus, how far does that rubbish logic go? Let's just change the name to Plymouth Greens shall we? We'll all still refer to them as Argyle, so why does it matter?

Thankfully, it's a moot point anyway as long as James Brent is in charge, because at the last fans forum he said the ground name and the stand name were sacred.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Has the name "Mayflower Terrace" already been expanded to include the Grandstand or is this to happen after the work is completed?

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Why don't we pull down the Mayflower Grandstand & Build a New one

Those pillars in the Grandstand block supporters view unless you're in the directors box

Prefer sitting in the lyndhurst stand these days as much better View

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
GreenArmy1984":3b748m2f said:

Those pillars in the Grandstand block supporters view unless you're in the directors box

Money

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreenArmy1984":39vc9z7y said:

Is that a genuine question? : head bang: You absolutely must know why we're not knocking it down and building a new one. And this must be history... I'm way more positive than Paul about something Argyle related!

P.s. the view from the grandstand is easily the best in the stadium. Perfect TV style angle, pillars don't bother me at all, and you can look out at a completed modern ground rather than a dilapidated terrace.

May 16, 2016
Biggs":g67jv52o said:
Guiri Green":g67jv52o said:

Eurgh, i hate this logic. One of the worst i hear in football.

'Doesn't matter what they call it, we'll still refer to it as xxxxx'

No thanks, I'd rather my club's home was Home Park in every newspaper, TV show and website in the world, than Ginster Arena or something even more ridiculous like PlusDirect.com Stadium. Not to mention the fact that the original name will die out as new fans only know the new name.

Plus, how far does that rubbish logic go? Let's just change the name to Plymouth Greens shall we? We'll all still refer to them as Argyle, so why does it matter?

Thankfully, it's a moot point anyway as long as James Brent is in charge, because at the last fans forum he said the ground name and the stand name were sacred.

I think you missed my point slightly.

I wasn't suggeting a name change, just adding the Sponsors name for example, XXXXX Home Park, or, Home Park (Sponsored by .......).

Not quite naming rights, but possible extra income. I'm currently watching the FA Cup being played at Wembley, apparently EE Sponsor it or have some connection.