Grandstand Update | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
From looking at the rows of seats I think I've narrowed the total capacity down to around 17,400 (give or take 200).

Bottom tier is 1,960 plus 70 spaces for disabled fans = 2,030.
Middle tier is 490/500, that depends on how many are in the corporate boxes.
Top tier is more difficult to judge because block sizes are not even but it looks to be 2,900.

So stage 1 total capacity is around = 5,430.
We already know the horseshoe is 12,000 capacity.

So total capacity of Home Park at stage 1 is 17,430 +/- 200.

Stage 2 should take it over 20,000.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I'm really excited by this. The stand looks great and it unique too. Can't wait to see better images but all thanks to Posty for posting what he's been able to.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Is there any information of a timescale of it all? It looks great with the corners filled in, but not seen anything on when that's likely to happen.

M

Monkey Nuts

the_corkscrew":obv23c78 said:
Monkey Nuts":obv23c78 said:
Monkey Nuts":obv23c78 said:
Haha nobody honestly expects stage(phase) 2 to
ever be actually completed do they?

Why are you requoting yourself?

Posting from my phone, think i clicked quote rather than edit... no biggy :crazy:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Graham Clark":3mvnq6li said:
It will be strange to see players come out of the Barn Park/ Grandstand corner but it does free up,more corporate space. However, the most inspired touch is to have the club shop accessed through the iconic turnstiles and the relocation of the ticket office alongside is a welcome addition.

I completely missed both of those points, thanks Graham!

All adds to the uniqueness, doesn't it? Soulless bowl, this ain't!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It looks OK but the piece that looks strange is the blank wall at the east end of the grandstand, that looks really strange.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They used to run out from the corner Graham, so it's a nice retro feel to that part. :thumbs:

I would add way, way before I started following the greens.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
This may be a really silly question, but how can the team run out from the corner if there isn't a corner? At least not before Stage 2.

Apr 27, 2009
Biggs":19fykhmg said:
Graham Clark":19fykhmg said:
It will be strange to see players come out of the Barn Park/ Grandstand corner but it does free up,more corporate space. However, the most inspired touch is to have the club shop accessed through the iconic turnstiles and the relocation of the ticket office alongside is a welcome addition.

I completely missed both of those points, thanks Graham!

All adds to the uniqueness, doesn't it? Soulless bowl, this ain't!

Biggs, you are not alone !

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Looks quite good other than the severely restricted views of the barn park goal from the upper east of the grandstand
Same for the seats in the extensions to the barn park and Devonport. Those seats at the back where the stands meet the grandstand would have literally zero view of the goal at the other end of the pitch

M

Monkey Nuts

Ottawa Green":dti1q7dz said:
It looks OK but the piece that looks strange is the blank wall at the east end of the grandstand, that looks really strange.

Could be space for some more corporate boxes, or TV studio etc?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Biggs":1073vbk6 said:
This may be a really silly question, but how can the team run out from the corner if there isn't a corner? At least not before Stage 2.

Agreed, unless the plan really is to have stage 2 done immediately after stage 1 is complete. Then I would imagine the players continue to use the temporary facilities they will presumably be using while phase 1 is being built.

I just hope that home fans will surround the tunnel and away fans won't sit in those 2 blocks, nothing like throwing away your home advantage if the players are surrounded by opposition fans when they enter the ground.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Biggs":3dydug21 said:
Looks on the plans that the dressing rooms will be built in that corner in stage one and then in stage two the stand would be built over the top of that. Could be wrong though.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
There appears to be no TV gantry. Assuming TV cameras will be relocated to the Lyndhurst side during building works, I wonder if the plan is to leave them that side afterwards.