Grandstand Update | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":2412cy37 said:
..........and a mild dose of aspiration that we don't continue to be England's most underachieving football club.

That's harsh. You can't claim that title when Argyle are just one of 46 (of the 92 Prem/EFL clubs) to have never won anything.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
The corners are not being touched just now so the possibility of expansion in the future still exists. The current refurbishment of the Mayflower will never increase the capacity over what it used to be in the (all-seated) Championship days.

Apr 30, 2011
I'm keen to see what the plans are and anything that improves non football related income is an improvement on our current position. Just have a feeling that I'm going to be underwhelmed but must remember that anything is an improvement on what we currently have and we are very lucky that Mr Hallett has made these funds available to us.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I've had a look and for the money available it looks impressive, however stage 2 is where it looks even better with the two corners filled in.

Stage 1: Three tiers, top tier, middle tier = corporate boxes and four rows of seats and then the bottom tier. There are still several pillars and the roof does not cover the bottom tier.

The back of the grandstand is extended out to the club car park and will include function rooms, kitchen and offices. The second tier is toilets and corporate rooms.

There is a standalone building close to where the GT area currently is which states members bar.

Stage 2 is where the two corners are filled in to join the grandstand and the roof of the grandstand is extended out to cover the bottom tier. There was no date stated for the start of stage 2.

Architects are ADG Link

I didn't see anyone there to answer questions.
I think the key is the improvement of the corporate and commercial areas within the grandstand, these will generate income seven days a week and enable to club to have extra funds.

These are on public display so I presume it's ok to publish some photos, if not I'll remove them.
20170527_104728.jpg

20170527_104655.jpg

20170527_105013.jpg

20170527_111353.jpg

20170527_111651.jpg

18673235_1400070833379800_5460309291954702943_o.jpg

20170527_112014.jpg

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It reminds me a bit of the main stand at Goodison Park. It looks good from the artist's impression, but I reckon it could look less so, if the front of the corporate tier was overloaded with small advertising boards as we currently see from the Lyndhurst side. I just hope it will remain professional looking. Other than that, I would welcome the development.

Apr 4, 2004
I love it. Shame its not all being done in one go as it won't look as good minus the corners.
It would be too easy to compare it to what other clubs are doing but we need to compare it to what we have now and its a huge improvement. Can't wait.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Three tier grandstand! Lovely jubbly. And didn't expect the roof to be touched as much as it looks to be.

Looks good but are there any pics of Stage 1? And being seriously picky, it would be nice to see a render of green seats rather than the black (?) on those images.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Obviously much much improved on what we have currently but it just looks and feels and bit underwhelming boring and bland.

Basic for our needs I suppose and like I say it's easily improved on the current grandstand. Just feel underwhelmed that its going to be our main stand for years possibly decades to come and it just doesn't impress much.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Can't see anyone failing to be impressed at that, but some probably will.

Ooops.................here's the first one along already before I've even finished typing. lol.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Looks excellent! Keeping the historical elements of the stand whilst modernising and improving it no end. I agree with everyone else that when the corners are put in it will look even better!

Better than I hoped and expected! Excuse my ignorance (if it has been mentioned elsewhere) but is there an expected date for the works to begin?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tugboat":37pjsgn3 said:
Obviously much much improved on what we have currently but it just looks and feels and bit underwhelming boring and bland.

Basic for our needs I suppose and like I say it's easily improved on the current grandstand. Just feel underwhelmed that its going to be our main stand for years possibly decades to come and it just doesn't impress much.

How can it look and FEEL a bit bland, you've only seen a basic CGI image so far.

Pedantry aside, it's far better than what I was expecting. Seems to be very similar to the Goodison Park grandstand, which despite them looking to move away, is a good thing in my book.

Redeveloped old Leitchian grandstand + three modern sides = perfect football ground.