Grandstand Update | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One very slight concern... the render seems to indicate that the upper tier will still have wooden seating. Surely that will all be replaced in any refurbishment?

M

Monkey Nuts

Haha nobody honestly expects stage(phase) 2 to
ever be actually completed do they?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks for posting these for those of us who can't make a trip to Plymouth for this Ian. Very impressive IMO, especially stage 2 once it's all filled in. A few quick questions:

Does anyone know what the box on the far (Barn Park) side is? Looks to me like a TV studio with a press box beneath it although I could be wrong. I know they've had to put up temporary ones whenever we've been on.

Also, what is the plan regarding stage 2? I've not kept completely up-to-date but is this going ahead regardless of what division we're in or is it a long term vision that would only go ahead should we ever need it?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Glad it's not being called 'Phase 2' this time around - look what happened with THAT farce! :silent: So is Stage 2 somewhere down the line then and not part of the imminent (oops!) refurb?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Joe Bloggs given a plastic seat.

Jul 14, 2008
Would be interesting to know what the capacity of the ground will be following completion of each of the phases. Looks really good though and keeps some character rather than having a bland bowl.

Apr 8, 2016
Looks good, any mention of an exact capacity regarding stage 1 and 2? Also in between the stages it looks like the roof might be drowning a few souls at the front of the grandstand, with the rain coming down and the roof water in winter

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I'm impressed with what I've seen this morning. Be interested to know when stage 2 is likely to happen. The archive stuff is worth a look round too. Definitely worth the visit.

May 14, 2016
At a guess with seats on the terrace the capacity will be around 18 - 18.5k. Can't imagine too many will want to sit there without a roof over them unless tickets are cheaper than elsewhere in the ground.

Oct 24, 2010
Knarf Reprah":2io4h0zj said:
Biggs":2io4h0zj said:
Lundan Cabbie":2io4h0zj said:
Biggs":2io4h0zj said:
I'm confused by Lundan Cabbie and Frank...

I'd completely agree if we were talking about 30-40k but the Home Park capacity was 20k+ ANYWAY when it was fully seated.

To say now that 20k is too much is utterly barmy, when that's effectively what the stadium is currently equipped to hold with seats.

If the budget was greater then there would be no problem. The important aspect of this project is below decks. Restaurants, bars, lounges & kitchens as well as toilet facilities fit for conferencing guests. More seats, a new roof or even a complete new stand can come in the future when funds are available.

Agree, but the point I'm making is that a capacity of c20k will be achieved simply by reinserting seats that were there previously. No fundamental expansion necessary.

The only reason the capacity is 16,500 now is because the Mayflower terrace is unseated and unused.
i reckon in the championship years we only sold out twice at 19,900, so why do we require a bigger capacity?
We had three attendances over 20,000 and two more over 19,000 in our first year back in the Championship alone. I do agree, though, that the attendances were generally disappointing during our Championship years but we were, in the main, fighting relegation, playing poor quality football and losing our home games. Not exactly a recipe for attracting large crowds.

Oct 24, 2010
If the capacity will be around 18,000 then fine if that's what we can afford but it would have been better to have stated that from the outset. However all thanks to Mr and Mrs Hallett it looks a first class re-development and a major improvement on what we have now and hopefully the improved facilities can be used to good effect and generate income to take the club forward.