Will Nadir Ciftci start on Saturday? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Nadir Ciftci start on Saturday?

Feb 17, 2017
After Taylor's injury it became more compulsory for blistert start than optional, he had a great second half against Southend and seems to be finding his feet. Do you think Adams will put Nadir straight in for a home debut in place of blissett or even go as far as 4 4 2 with them both playing? Will be interesting to see the starting line up and can't wait for the game exciting times ahead.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I think he will start.

May 3, 2013
Totally depends on his match fitness. Any word on that? Know he's been training with Celtic but who knows how hard with him seemingly resigned to the bench

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Depends on fitness and training levels.

Bench probably for Saturday

Sep 8, 2013
Difficult one. Reports that Nathan has performed decently in recent games may lead to him starting on Saturday with Nadir coming on early in second half if we have not looked penetrative up front. I shall be there and hope he gets some match time if DA feels he is match fit.

Mar 29, 2017
Just my opinion but I don't think Blissett has done well in his deputising. Sure he's been ok and is getting better, but publicly given the challenge by DA to make that position his own I think he's fallen short. That said, I agree with others that Ciftci's match fitness is the key.

I can see Blissett getting 60mins then Ciftci the last half hour.

Feb 17, 2017
Agree with the fitness levels been key and feel he will more than likely come in the second half, judging by previous managers comments on him being made to feel wanted a home debut might send a big signal to him that he is important to us but if he is not fit enough then regardless he will not start.

Apr 29, 2016
He's only been training with the Celtic youngsters I think and his fitness is doubtful I think. I reckon he will be on the bench and will come on in the second half at some stage. Would love hime to start though.

Aug 11, 2013
Adams tends to ease new faces in gradually. Think it would be a blow to Blissett to be dumped uncerimoniously to the bench after being on an upward improvement curve lately.

Think he'll need to prove himself in training before being considered. Adams is not afraid to let people wait for their chance - and if they don't come up to scratch in training, then experience tells us they'll not get into the first team regardless of pedigree!

So not a chance of him starting in my book .. Unless Blissett falls down some stairs and breaks something before Sat !

Aug 3, 2017
Match fitness, match sharpness and team dynamics are likely to see him as a substitute. This will be Blissett's make or break game. He's been coming on well and is clearly starting to know his role in this system but one suspects that he'll be under a lot of pressure from Ciftci the following week.

May 8, 2011
Will also depend on all the paperwork having been completed. Hopefully the Scottish FA are more efficient than the Latvian FA were.

Jul 29, 2010
arrythewurzel":ghrbteoq said:
Adams tends to ease new faces in gradually. Think it would be a blow to Blissett to be dumped uncerimoniously to the bench after being on an upward improvement curve lately.

Think he'll need to prove himself in training before being considered. Adams is not afraid to let people wait for their chance - and if they don't come up to scratch in training, then experience tells us they'll not get into the first team regardless of pedigree!

So not a chance of him starting in my book .. Unless Blissett falls down some stairs and breaks something before Sat !
This, spot on, Derek doesn't throw anyone in unprepared.