Will Nadir Ciftci start on Saturday? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Nadir Ciftci start on Saturday?

Aug 3, 2017
I'm surprised and in a way feel for Blissett. But I trust in Adams, it's his team. Thing is, if it doesnt go great people will noan he took the risk. If it pays off he's genius!

Good luck Nadir, must be good to play in green and white!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Well he started and almost finished the game.

He was very lively during the first 20 minutes, his work rate was very good and closed down the centre backs.
He was able to hold up the ball and bring other players into play. He was our best goal threat and was unlucky with a far post header that was well saved.

It was different in the second half because we were playing with ten men and he didn't see a lot of the ball.
His good fitness and work rate surprised me because this was his first first team game of the season.

He got frustrated at times when the ball didn't come to him in a good position, he's probably used to players at his other teams finding him with a pass.

He's not afraid to get stuck in and made several robust tackles, he didn't get much protection from a poor referee when he was man-handled.

He provides a better goal threat than Blissett and Taylor.

Overall a good debut and he should do well for us this season.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
My summary of the first 90 minutes is that he certainly doesn't seem like an Adams sort of player. He doesn't work hard off the ball and appears to be one who likes opportunities presented to him. Early doors, but I'd expect Adams to be demanding a much higher workrate as his fitness improves.

Feb 23, 2008
Hope he does well for us, did well today playing the lone striker role, great first touch, made some intelligent runs that weren't always spotted.

Not sure about his body language though.

R

rdr123

All in all I thought he had a pretty good game, allthough he did look isolated at times. It looks as if he is used to playing with someone alonside him up front. His first touch was great and a breath of fresh air when compared to BlIsset. He did struggle with high balls and didn't win many headers but this is something the team may have to adapt to as he would much rather have the ball played to his feet.

Look forward to seeing him intergrate with the team as he deffinately has the potential to have great season in League 1!

Aug 10, 2006
chunkymonkey78":1x0xbaml said:
Hope he does well for us, did well today playing the lone striker role, great first touch, made some intelligent runs that weren't always spotted.

Not sure about his body language though.
probably pi..ed off playing up front on his own.

Nov 4, 2012
His ability was plain for all to see. Technically he is world's above Blissett. First touch good, great quick feet and made intelligent runs. Exactly what we needed.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
PAFC94":1tiszim6 said:
His ability was plain for all to see. Technically he is world's above Blissett. First touch good, great quick feet and made intelligent runs. Exactly what we needed.

And yet when Blissett came on, for all his poor control, he provided the only moment of excitement as far as Argyle attacking was concerned in the second half, picking the ball up, driving past a couple of players to the by line and winning a corner.
I saw ciftci sat on his arse more than I did on two feet. That said I don't think he should've been starting.

Jun 24, 2008
up_the_line":3ukb8m1l said:
PAFC94":3ukb8m1l said:

And yet when Blissett came on, for all his poor control, he provided the only moment of excitement as far as Argyle attacking was concerned in the second half, picking the ball up, driving past a couple of players to the by line and winning a corner.
I saw ciftci sat on his arse more than I did on two feet. That said I don't think he should've been starting.

Cifti nearly scored in the first half.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
macleanie":nyzmucu2 said:
up_the_line":nyzmucu2 said:
PAFC94":nyzmucu2 said:

Cifti nearly scored in the first half.

Which is why I said second half in which ciftci did absolutely nothing and Blissett at least went at and around a couple of their players at least once.
Unfortunately Madden showed ciftci how to not 'nearly score' but actually score

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
By the way, I asked yesterday, and his name is pronounced Shift Ski.