Will Nadir Ciftci start on Saturday? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Nadir Ciftci start on Saturday?

Nov 2, 2004
Nothing to do with fitness,Blissett had a really good game on Saturday and deserves his place.I would be shocked if he is dropped.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
He will be on the bench with a 30 min cameo appearance at best. Hopefully his presence will get Blissett to up his game.
Training with some kids in a park in Scotland is not the same as a EFL 1 game so I reckon it will be another month before he will be match fit and we can judge him properly

Aug 5, 2016
A good manager in this situation would give Blissett 65 mins and Ciftci 25 mins, give or take.

I am sure that's exactly what DA will do. It is up to NC to earn his first start, as all most have seen of him are three year old YouTube clips.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I don't reckon he will start, but will get a run out of about 20-30 minutes I reckon

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
DA could send him down to St Austell on Friday night for a run out. As arrythewurzel has said he normally tends to ease new signings in gradually.

Mar 23, 2008
X Isle":uinfqggz said:
arrythewurzel":uinfqggz said:
Adams tends to ease new faces in gradually. Think it would be a blow to Blissett to be dumped uncerimoniously to the bench after being on an upward improvement curve lately.

Think he'll need to prove himself in training before being considered. Adams is not afraid to let people wait for their chance - and if they don't come up to scratch in training, then experience tells us they'll not get into the first team regardless of pedigree!

So not a chance of him starting in my book .. Unless Blissett falls down some stairs and breaks something before Sat !
This, spot on, Derek doesn't throw anyone in unprepared.
Yeah indeed and whilst Blissett is raw, he's been a real nuisance up top and agree could knock his confidence if dropped. Just looked at Ciftci Youtube highlights from his time at Dundee and I know you cant judge a player by that but.......looks a real player, pace, power and really good ball control. That said, needs to bed in here and earn his place.

Jun 11, 2012
X Isle":1vknkley said:
arrythewurzel":1vknkley said:
Adams tends to ease new faces in gradually. Think it would be a blow to Blissett to be dumped uncerimoniously to the bench after being on an upward improvement curve lately.

Think he'll need to prove himself in training before being considered. Adams is not afraid to let people wait for their chance - and if they don't come up to scratch in training, then experience tells us they'll not get into the first team regardless of pedigree!

So not a chance of him starting in my book .. Unless Blissett falls down some stairs and breaks something before Sat !
Didn't he throw in Kennedy, Sarcevic and Taylor near enough as soon as they arrived in January?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
ealinggreen":20t7vucw said:
Nothing to do with fitness,Blissett had a really good game on Saturday and deserves his place.I would be shocked if he is dropped.

Blissett had a good second-half last Saturday, playing in a formation that Adams is unlikely to use from the start on Saturday. Every time Blissett has been used as the hold up man it hasn't worked.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Mark Pedlar":x1ewmquj said:
ealinggreen":x1ewmquj said:

Blissett had a good second-half last Saturday, playing in a formation that Adams is unlikely to use from the start on Saturday. Every time Blissett has been used as the hold up man it hasn't worked.

Yeah exactly he needs someone up there for support and to flick it onto. Its alright causing trouble for the Centre Backs but he cant win the header and also run onto it by himself. He is not a great hold up player despite his size

Sep 25, 2010
Read somewhere at the beginning of the week, that the deal was subject to all the paperwork and clearance being completed.

Assume all this gas been done, and not waiting for clearance.

Jul 29, 2010
HarlHM":3bbw5pu3 said:
X Isle":3bbw5pu3 said:
arrythewurzel":3bbw5pu3 said:

Didn't he throw in Kennedy, Sarcevic and Taylor near enough as soon as they arrived in January?
Different circumstances methinks. For Taylor we'd not long lost Garita and Kennedy's shirt was being worn by the massively ineffective Slew. Sarcevic maybe but I can't recall the timing of Connor Smith's injury.

Whilst in all three cases we were light in their respective departments, just as we are now, we only use one striker and Nathan Blissett hasn't really done anything wrong. We are unbeaten in two games, three if you count the Jokeatrade, which I don't. We're not having to arrest an appalling slide or coming off the back of a horror result and DA's default MO is ease new players in.

There may be exceptions to the rule, there always are with any rule, but especially lacking a full pre season and the forward role being sooo specific and pivotal under DA I expect the rule to be upheld and Ciftci not to be an exception.

Off the bench subject to international clearance looks highly likely.