Anthony Sarcevic | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anthony Sarcevic

Sep 25, 2010
I think we have obtained a very good player here.

Saw him at Cambridge last week, and played a very good game. And yesterday went under the radar a bit but I thought he was immense. Great link up play with Fox (who also is playing well), Carey, and Kennedy.

His work rate is very high, we have a little gem here.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Was it Sarcevic who passed to Carey for the first goal? Absolutely superb pass and one of many today. We found passes against Exeter that just wouldn't normally have come off. Pass completion and first control was really excellent today.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We've strengthened in the key areas very very well with the additions of CB, CM, LWM and CF.

We seem to be stronger with quality in the team and on the bench

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
that move started with Sokolik to Carey, then through to Kennedy.

Sep 25, 2010
It just seems to me, Sarcevic has that combination of good skill of passing, work rate and on the ball contol, and link up play with others

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Very decent player, once match fit he will be noticed by everyone without doubt.

Jul 29, 2010
I was surprised he didn't have a thread of his own by the time we got back last night. Kennedy and Taylor probably caught the eye more readily I guess.

I love this sort of player, energetic, involved, committed to the tackle and a good eye for a pass as well as a run.

As discussed when he signed his lack of a club for a while and games before that means he's behind all the others in terms of match fitness. But if that's what he's like at 15-25% behind 'all cylinders firing" then boy have we got a player on our hands.

I made a comparison between Taylor and Trigger last night, whisper it quietly but in time, I think we might have found our Friio :shock:

Sep 25, 2010
X Isle":3dffvxun said:
I was surprised he didn't have a thread of his own by the time we got back last night. Kennedy and Taylor probably caught the eye more readily I guess.

I love this sort of player, energetic, involved, committed to the tackle and a good eye for a pass as well as a run.

As discussed when he signed his lack of a club for a while and games before that means he's behind all the others in terms of match fitness. But if that's what he's like at 15-25% behind 'all cylinders firing" then boy have we got a player on our hands.

I made a comparison between Taylor and Trigger last night, whisper it quietly but in time, I think we might have found our Friio :shock:

Spot on X Isle

Jun 13, 2015
Couldn't agree more about the friio comment even though it's early days. A midfield player who wants to get into the box late is a great player to have. I thought he looked shattered after 20 mins but he kept going and looked very strong and fit with a surprise turn of speed.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
No, I don't think he is David Friio v2.0.
I said at the time he signed that based on his YouTube highlights reel he had something of the look of Steve Castle about him - his build, the way he strikes the ball etc.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
He looks a very decent acquisition.

Great control, plenty of energy, good vision, seems up for the fight and if he turns out to be half the player Friio or Castle was we'll all be very excited.

The best thing about these new signings is they all seem to be 'on the same wave length' and they've only just started playing together. We also seem to be playing good passing football now which is much more entertaining.

They seemed to inspire Carey to play to somewhere near his best too and that is a massive bonus.

With one or two additions in the summer I think the quality of the team now can easily compete at the top end of league 1 in the near future.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I also hope the signings we have made on the final third will help Carey find his mojo. Teams cannot focus solely on him any more which should free him up to rediscover the form we know he is capable of.

An exciting proposition going forward, fox a bit further forward and then Sarcevic, Kennedy and Taylor with Carey. Should get us goals which we had previously seen as our issue

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nothing better than a barrel chested, box to boxer.

Saw him at Cambridge last week and purred for the whole of the first half.

Shame about Purrington BUT we really did have a marvellous window.

Apr 5, 2016
getting compared to Friio and Castle, is by far a really good compliment. if he can have the same sort of impact at this club that they did, he will serve us well. a top player from what I saw yesterday. just a change of subject...our bench is bloody strong too now! that's a big plus!!