Anthony Sarcevic | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anthony Sarcevic

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Surely, part of the teamwork in defending set pieces is where you place other defenders as well as those who you hope to make a headed/punched clearance or catch.

You can't expect your centre backs to win every high ball into the box. Even Jackie Charlton and John Terry, for example, didn't manage that.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":1hkq4js1 said:
Surely, part of the teamwork in defending set pieces is where you place other defenders as well as those who you hope to make a headed/punched clearance or catch.

You can't expect your centre backs to win every high ball into the box. Even Jackie Charlton and John Terry, for example, didn't manage that.

No but you cant expect your team to keep on leaking the decent amount of chances they are on set pieces. Its been 7 games now (maybe more) in a row where teams have either scored or have guilt edge chances off set pieces. If it was just the one opportunity then fair enough. Yet its 2 or 3 chances where teams should have scored.

I know you think I'm being incredibly harsh Davie. I know exactly what your saying. Teams will create opportunities against you. No team will always stop these opportinties. However, you don't expect those opportunities to be similar to the last game, and then the one before that and so on. In our last three games we played Yeovil, Cambridge and now Exeter. In each of those games the problem area was set pieces in terms of us either looking like or actually conceding. You don't expect in each game for the same problem to keep reoccurring, that's really my point. You would expect perhaps an opposition team to look like scoring by other means in surely one of those games. Then factor in it hasn't been the last 3, but at least 7 games on the spin this happens, and I would say I am not being that harsh.

May 16, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":23lxcm75 said:
davie nine":23lxcm75 said:

No but you cant expect your team to keep on leaking the decent amount of chances they are on set pieces. Its been 7 games now (maybe more) in a row where teams have either scored or have guilt edge chances off set pieces.

If only the opposition didn't try to score we'd be fine, or we just score more than them. The new signings will hopefully help the latter.