Anthony Sarcevic | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anthony Sarcevic

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
gaspargomez":1gh1frhm said:
Sarcevic looked good, but as a previous poster said, it looks like he needs to get fitter. I think he tired a bit yesterday.
He seems to be winning you over lol - On Jan 26 your view was "Another journeyman reject. Adams wasn't joking when he said none of the Liverpool money would be spent on his playing budget." I don't see how the lad could have made a better start. Of course, I did not know that before he arrived but reserved judgement as DA doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Jan 27, 2012
My goodness, you went to all that trouble to look over the old posts !
Nah- I admit that he looks a good player to be fair. But when a player is released by their club, its a reasonable question to ask WHY. The same applies to Taylor, who looked immense yesterday, by the way.

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":2v3hkm59 said:
Didn't see a problem with his fitness? In fact I thought his energy levels were fantastic, he was everywhere.

Yes but he looks fat because he's stocky. Therefore he's 'unfit' and needs to lose weight.

Aug 5, 2016
memory man":6uc0rfxj said:
gaspargomez":6uc0rfxj said:
Sarcevic looked good, but as a previous poster said, it looks like he needs to get fitter. I think he tired a bit yesterday.
He seems to be winning you over lol - On Jan 26 your view was "Another journeyman reject. Adams wasn't joking when he said none of the Liverpool money would be spent on his playing budget." I don't see how the lad could have made a better start. Of course, I did not know that before he arrived but reserved judgement as DA doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Someone on here also said Ryan Taylor was a cheap "budget signing" because his goal record wasn't very good. :lol:

A player who won promotion from this division last season, and has made 31 appearances in League One this season. The fan's reaction was as if we had signed some non-league journeyman.

For some reason fans believe they can be ultra critical and say whatever they like based on nothing more than a player's Wikipedia summary.

Jan 27, 2012
I kept my gob shut about Taylor, to be fair. Mostly because I read that Adams really wanted him.

It's the likes of Blissett and Ijaha that I have expressed concern about. But lets give them a fair chance.

A

ArgyleBoyJosh

Thought he was brilliant yesterday and you can tell the others all get a lift from him and Carey certainly started playing to his abilities. I think the formation we've played the last two games is a bit of brilliance by DA, changing it up is what we lacked in the run in last season and teams were acknowledging how we played much more easier due to the lack of different options... Long may it continue !

Dec 3, 2005
Knibbsworth":2bup4eqo said:
memory man":2bup4eqo said:
gaspargomez":2bup4eqo said:

Someone on here also said Ryan Taylor was a cheap "budget signing" because his goal record wasn't very good. :lol:

A player who won promotion from this division last season, and has made 31 appearances in League One this season. The fan's reaction was as if we had signed some non-league journeyman.

For some reason fans believe they can be ultra critical and say whatever they like based on nothing more than a player's Wikipedia summary.

Someone on here said that Sarcevic was overweight!

May 16, 2016
From the little I've seen of Sacevic playing I'm reminded, like others, of a David Friio type player.

H

HPRJohn

With him and Kennedy playing you aren't constantly looking for where Carey is. We now have 3 players capable of changing the game in an instant, 4 if you include Taylor who lead the line impeccably on Saturday!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
And we have Slew, Tanner and Jervis to add competition and a different style of attack.

I really don't think we have a standout weakness apart from defending set plays but even that seems to have been identified and rectified.

Mar 14, 2009
Tugboat":2tdnfesm said:
And we have Slew, Tanner and Jervis to add competition and a different style of attack.

I really don't think we have a standout weakness apart from defending set plays but even that seems to have been identified and rectified.

I'm not sure that has. I think at times this side loses focus. In the first few minutes a corner came in and from inside the 18 yard box, left hand side a Exeter player had a decent opportunity. Wheeler had the header off the free kick inside the first half. In the second half McCormick flapped and Brown missed from several yards out.

These were all Exeter's opportunities. Unfortunately, all 3 were from set pieces. There only other real chance was the Reid free header in the second half.

I think its premature to say its been rectified when the Exeter game highlights issues still.

Mar 14, 2009
He seems to get in the box and where possible attack the ball.

He did seem to get involved though. He had a powerful snap shot over the bar in the second half.

Need to see more of him before making a reasonable judgement though.

I don't have a problem with the "stocky" build. For me he reminds me of Jock Morrison in his upper body look. Nobody complain Jock was overweight!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":25wg4snp said:
Tugboat":25wg4snp said:

I'm not sure that has. I think at times this side loses focus. In the first few minutes a corner came in and from inside the 18 yard box, left hand side a Exeter player had a decent opportunity. Wheeler had the header off the free kick inside the first half. In the second half McCormick flapped and Brown missed from several yards out.

These were all Exeter's opportunities. Unfortunately, all 3 were from set pieces. There only other real chance was the Reid free header in the second half.

I think its premature to say its been rectified when the Exeter game highlights issues still.

If Brown's header had been on target, Carey was covering the near post.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":x0sq137z said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":x0sq137z said:
Tugboat":x0sq137z said:

If Brown's header had been on target, Carey was covering the near post.

The problem is that as we have kept two clean sheet people think we have stopped the problem. We may have prevented goals but the source of the problem keeps reoccurring and eventually you keep giving teams 3 or 4 good chances a game off set pieces, like we have with Cambridge and Exeter, then the problem will resurface.