1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":1pmk9lkg said:
Hopefully just for the Liverpool game, no need for the extra expenditure to keep them for the season.
I should think the biggest expenditure is the installation. I hope they keep them.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Would the installation be considered expenditure so the cost would be split 50/50 before any profit is shared?
If so 3000 X £20 is sixty thousand but if it costs £100000 to install would Liverpool
relationship nquish £50000 of profit? (Not that they need it).

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Fair play to the club if they manage to pull it off. An extra 3000 seats would be fantastic, hopefully enabling all those that want to go to be able to.

Not to mention the increase in noise/atmosphere. Fingers crossed for this one, big time.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Interesting.

If this happens, would we not have to issue Liverpool an extra 450 tickets? As their share (15%) of an increased capacity.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Great news, if it comes off. 3,000 more to watch the game and hopefully not general sale and half full of Plymothian Liverpool fans. A much better atmosphere on the night and if left there for the season a couple of opportunities to fill many of them again for Exeter and any promotion clinching or play off game or even for the 4th round. I don't think Liverpool would necessarily get 15% of these though as the 15% isn't exact or hard and fast depending on segregation and safety is it?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Verte":3otok3vx said:
Forward thinking at pafc. I need to lie down

I hope it happens. But let's be honest here, the phone call to start implementing this should have been made at around 3.30pm, last Sunday.

I posted on another thread last week that if Argyle are at all forward thinking, then as soon as Liverpool came out of the hat they should have been making contingency plans to maximise revenue from any potential replay. Every man and his dog knows we could sell out HomePark v Liverpool at least three times over.

If they are only just exploring the temp seat option now - 5 days later, then that is unbelievably poor.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
If this is possible then the club deserve a lot of praise for it and I would have thought it was worth keeping them in place for the rest of the season as I am sure they would be needed for a promotion clincher or play-off game.

Logistically, giving Liverpool another 450 tickets won't work as the tickets they would have been allocated will now have been sold to Argyle fans.

Aug 15, 2008
I agree grumpy. There should have been a conversation before sunday just to put it out there. It was very unlikely a replay was on but it is and the club are responding.

To be fair they probably did discuss it but in their heart of hearts thought we would be out...

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":3cc9eoes said:
Verte":3cc9eoes said:

I hope it happens. But let's be honest here, the phone call to start implementing this should have been made at around 3.30pm, last Sunday.

I posted on another thread last week that if Argyle are at all forward thinking, then as soon as Liverpool came out of the hat they should have been making contingency plans to maximise revenue from any potential replay. Every man and his dog knows we could sell out HomePark v Liverpool at least three times over.

If they are only just exploring the temp seat option now - 5 days later, then that is unbelievably poor.

With respect you have no idea when Argyle started planning for this.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The Grumpy Loyal":3qlm4npk said:
Verte":3qlm4npk said:

Was there any suggestion in the post that this call wasn't made on Sunday?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Stuart House":2gp7xbr3 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2gp7xbr3 said:
Verte":2gp7xbr3 said:

Was there any suggestion in the post that this call wasn't made on Sunday?

Or even before then........

Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":2hqx0qlt said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2hqx0qlt said:
Verte":2hqx0qlt said:

With respect you have no idea when Argyle started planning for this.
Quite. And like Verte says, no-one, rightly, gave us even the sniff of a chance on Sunday. There is plenty to be critical of, but not sourcing temporary seating BEFORE Sunday is just laughable as a stick to beat the club with.