1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Back on to the merits of this. If the Liverpool game pays for this AND we can keep for the rest of the season at least the benefits will be HUGE for our promotion campaign.

Having a 'noise' or 'nuisance' on the mayflower and behind the dugouts will drastically improve the atmosphere and hopefully the performances on the pitch.

Jan 6, 2004
The club only keep 45% of receipts so at an average ticket price (including concessions but adding sundries) of say £16 that would give an extra income of around £20,000. So they will either lose money, get it done ridiculously cheaply, or gamble on them being needed for the rest of the season.

That said, bravo if they pull it off.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Jul 29, 2010
If successful, and it's SUCH a big if, Liverpool and Exeter aside it would be great to have these seats available on a POTD basis and unreserved meaning groups can just rock up and sit together.

It wouldn't be full by any extent but it might get those 'floaters' to re-engage with going to watch Argyle again.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The extra cost should be taken out of the combined sales for the whole match spilt between both teams and the FA

Jan 6, 2004
X Isle":1hx1bjto said:
If successful, and it's SUCH a big if, Liverpool and Exeter aside it would be great to have these seats available on a POTD basis and unreserved meaning groups can just rock up and sit together.

It wouldn't be full by any extent but it might get those 'floaters' to re-engage with going to watch Argyle again.

wouldn't be full? On the contrary it would lead to chaos with queues back to Outland Road (as used to happen when it was POTD for big games - remember Bristol City 86?). That will not happen

T

The Grumpy Loyal

monkeywrench":bna82smk said:
Stuart House":bna82smk said:
The Grumpy Loyal":bna82smk said:
Verte":bna82smk said:
Forward thinking at pafc. I need to lie down

I hope it happens. But let's be honest here, the phone call to start implementing this should have been made at around 3.30pm, last Sunday.

I posted on another thread last week that if Argyle are at all forward thinking, then as soon as Liverpool came out of the hat they should have been making contingency plans to maximise revenue from any potential replay. Every man and his dog knows we could sell out HomePark v Liverpool at least three times over.

If they are only just exploring the temp seat option now - 5 days later, then that is unbelievably poor.

Was there any suggestion in the post that this call wasn't made on Sunday?

Or even before then........

So you didn't see Brents interview when he quotes have 14,000 seats to actually sell?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
GL,

Surely you didn't expect him to say anything else until it is certain? If it never happens for any of a multitude of reasons he can't be accused of misleading fans by suggesting a potentially larger capacity.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

X Isle":29nt4sxx said:
monkeywrench":29nt4sxx said:
The Grumpy Loyal":29nt4sxx said:
Verte":29nt4sxx said:
Forward thinking at pafc. I need to lie down

I hope it happens. But let's be honest here, the phone call to start implementing this should have been made at around 3.30pm, last Sunday.

I posted on another thread last week that if Argyle are at all forward thinking, then as soon as Liverpool came out of the hat they should have been making contingency plans to maximise revenue from any potential replay. Every man and his dog knows we could sell out HomePark v Liverpool at least three times over.

If they are only just exploring the temp seat option now - 5 days later, then that is unbelievably poor.

With respect you have no idea when Argyle started planning for this.
Quite. And like Verte says, no-one, rightly, gave us even the sniff of a chance on Sunday. There is plenty to be critical of, but not sourcing temporary seating BEFORE Sunday is just laughable as a stick to beat the club with.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. The bookmakers had the draw at 6/1. That hardly falls into the bracket of "not a sniff of a chance".

Anyway, I sincerely hope they get bolted on as has been mentioned, the atmosphere difference having fans behind the dugouts makes, will be immense.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

cheshiregreen":2gwfllss said:
GL,

Surely you didn't expect him to say anything else until it is certain? If it never happens for any of a multitude of reasons he can't be accused of misleading fans by suggesting a potentially larger capacity.

Eh? An upbeat quote after the draw saying that we'd be investigating the feasiblity of extra capacity can only be good couldn't it? It demonstrates a willingness to get out there and push a boundary somewhat. Geez.

May 4, 2015
Can't put a price on the increased atmosphere these seats would generate

Yes we are playing Liverpool, but we SHOULD be doing everything within our power to WIN this tie. Too much respect is being shown. For 90 minutes we need to make the atmosphere as hostile as possible.

These are mainly youth fringe players who will not have experienced a crowd of this magnitude AGAINST them before. We need it to our advantage. Same can be said for the Exeter game and the other league games to a lesser extent.

No brainer if it can be done.

Jul 29, 2010
Green_Flash":1lwqzb7k said:
X Isle":1lwqzb7k said:

wouldn't be full? On the contrary it would lead to chaos with queues back to Outland Road (as used to happen when it was POTD for big games - remember Bristol City 86?). That will not happen
As I say, **Liverpool and Exeter aside**. I didn't want to tempt fate but you could add the 'crucial' game or two at the business end of a promotion.

But all the others, no chance. I have complete faith in the underlying apathy of Plymouthians to say that, big games aside, there are not 3,000 of them champing at the bit to pay on the day for unreserved temporary seating.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Really hope this happens--it would completely change the dynamic of the stadium for big games (assuming we retain the seating for the rest of the season). OK there will be some games where it will seem a waste--but there could be any number of promotion run in games attracting big numbers and a few thousand screaming Janners behind the oppo dugouts would be brilliant.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Old Gunner":1qtw0y58 said:
Really hope this happens--it would completely change the dynamic of the stadium for big games (assuming we retain the seating for the rest of the season). OK there will be some games where it will seem a waste--but there could be any number of promotion run in games attracting big numbers and a few thousand screaming Janners behind the oppo dugouts would be brilliant.

But that still begs the same question: if they love Argyle that much and get so excited at a home league game, why aren't they there already?? :think: