1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

Jul 29, 2010
Greenskin":vkpljz0o said:
X Isle":vkpljz0o said:
Green_Flash":vkpljz0o said:
X Isle":vkpljz0o said:
If successful, and it's SUCH a big if, Liverpool and Exeter aside it would be great to have these seats available on a POTD basis and unreserved meaning groups can just rock up and sit together.

It wouldn't be full by any extent but it might get those 'floaters' to re-engage with going to watch Argyle again.

wouldn't be full? On the contrary it would lead to chaos with queues back to Outland Road (as used to happen when it was POTD for big games - remember Bristol City 86?). That will not happen
As I say, **Liverpool and Exeter aside**. I didn't want to tempt fate but you could add the 'crucial' game or two at the business end of a promotion.

But all the others, no chance. I have complete faith in the underlying apathy of Plymouthians to say that, big games aside, there are not 3,000 of them champing at the bit to pay on the day for unreserved temporary seating.

You're in your element at the moment aren't you, a golden chance for you to slag off the citizens of Plymouth and the surrounds for not particularly wanting to consistently watch consistently second, third or as it is now, fourth rate fare. Whadda man,a classic myopic "i'm so loyal, why can't everyone else be" unrealist. Just ask yourself how "loyal" the citizens of Hull,Reading and Swansea were when they were getting lower gates than Argyle and the reason for their apparently increased possession of that admirable quality since they reached the top flight. Anyway I hope this happens and stays for the rest of the season, along with some attempt to tidy up that embarrassing eyesore between the Mayflower and Demport, for which there is no excuse.
If you don't recognise the problem you can't ever hope to fix it. Deny it all you like, but for whatever the reason, it exists.

Jan 6, 2004
Gloucester Green":2uk0il8k said:
Army green":2uk0il8k said:
Green_Flash":2uk0il8k said:
The reality of course is that you could have 3000 people simply standing in there with absolutely no danger whatsoever, but we live in an unflexible society where regulation trumps common sense.

No barriers in there whatsoever so not safe by any stretch and the surface is battered beyond believe. Pretty sure there will be a heavy stewarding presence in there keeping people sat down in that section for fear of repercussions

So true

It would be safe for 3000, which would be about half its previous standing capacity - you know at festivals people just stand on hills ! Obviously not safe to pack people in like sardines as in the old days

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Why just TEMPORARY ?

With all these new found Argyle fans surely we need a bigger stadium.

How about a scheme where you can have a Liverpool ticket if you buy a membership ticket for the rest of the season.

A

acorn

I would be funny to have 3000 temporary seats only to be filled by 3000 standing Argyle fans

Apr 29, 2016
Would love this to happen, but really can't see it due to time and viability constraints. If it did though just just about the right size for Liverpool and we'll take the areas behind both goal mouths!!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Army green":1vf3ap1z said:
Green_Flash":1vf3ap1z said:
The reality of course is that you could have 3000 people simply standing in there with absolutely no danger whatsoever, but we live in an unflexible society where regulation trumps common sense.

So true

It also begs the question as to whether any subsequent fine for allowing standing would be greater than the installation cost for temporary seating.

Apr 29, 2016
Quintrell_Green":ldzjongx said:
Army green":ldzjongx said:
Green_Flash":ldzjongx said:

So true

It also begs the question as to whether any subsequent fine for allowing standing would be greater than the installation cost for temporary seating.

Couldn't do that Argyle would lose their public liability insurance. Far too risky!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":3r34n7l0 said:
Green_Flash":3r34n7l0 said:
Green_Flash":3r34n7l0 said:
If successful, and it's SUCH a big if, Liverpool and Exeter aside it would be great to have these seats available on a POTD basis and unreserved meaning groups can just rock up and sit together.

It wouldn't be full by any extent but it might get those 'floaters' to re-engage with going to watch Argyle again.

wouldn't be full? On the contrary it would lead to chaos with queues back to Outland Road (as used to happen when it was POTD for big games - remember Bristol City 86?). That will not happen
As I say, **Liverpool and Exeter aside**. I didn't want to tempt fate but you could add the 'crucial' game or two at the business end of a promotion.

But all the others, no chance. I have complete faith in the underlying apathy of Plymouthians to say that, big games aside, there are not 3,000 of them champing at the bit to pay on the day for unreserved temporary seating.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood you! I agree there is no reason why it should not be potd for other games - isn't the whole ground save for season ticket holders?
Not unreserved, no. That's key to attracting the 'floaters', POTD AND unreserved. Much like the days of terracing they can rock up and coalesce around their friends and workmates without having to block book seating together.

It's that ad hock and socially driven supporter that was alienated by the loss of terracing. We kept hold of them when the mayflower was unreserved POTD but lost them seemingly forever when it closed.

Some folk just don't like being organised, corralled, they don't like the lack of spontaneity that having to book your ticket first and sit in designated seats, possibly rows and rows from your mates unless you ALL organise yourselves in advance, brings.

All hypothetical as I can't see this happening. But Simon Hallett wants to attract new fans, and this is something tangible that could get many of the old ones back. It's something even if they don't get the safety certificate that they should consider for the lower section of the grandstand refurb.

2nd day and the second time 100% agree with Mr. x. Getting worried now :whistle: .

Feb 2, 2007
Audacious from the club but seems slightly far fetched that this will come off giving the due diligence, compliance with health and safety, etc. Timescales just look too tight for the relevant certification to be in place.

Would be amazing if this comes off and offset the PR debacle of yesterday to some extent.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hope this isn't the Grandstand redevelopment :twisted:

Should be nice seats for £5m though...

H

HPRJohn

Green_Flash":2ktzj4yf said:

Regulation trumps common sense as we also live in a where there is blame there's a claim culture. Only takes one person to slip and regardless of fault the club is liable without the correct regulations in place...

G

Greenskin

X Isle":5w7qnudo said:
Greenskin":5w7qnudo said:
Green_Flash":5w7qnudo said:

You're in your element at the moment aren't you, a golden chance for you to slag off the citizens of Plymouth and the surrounds for not particularly wanting to consistently watch consistently second, third or as it is now, fourth rate fare. Whadda man,a classic myopic "i'm so loyal, why can't everyone else be" unrealist. Just ask yourself how "loyal" the citizens of Hull,Reading and Swansea were when they were getting lower gates than Argyle and the reason for their apparently increased possession of that admirable quality since they reached the top flight. Anyway I hope this happens and stays for the rest of the season, along with some attempt to tidy up that embarrassing eyesore between the Mayflower and Demport, for which there is no excuse.
If you don't recognise the problem you can't ever hope to fix it. Deny it all you like, but for whatever the reason, it exists.

I'm not denying it-are you so stupid and tunnel visioned that you can't even see that? Of course the problem exists,just as it existed at all of those clubs mentioned in my previous post. A simple question for you-why do you think those clubs now get consistently bigger gates than Argyle when history shows that not so long ago, that was far from the case. No detours,no deflections,just answer it.

Oct 24, 2010
I think the club would be entitled to charge a premium of at least £50 per seat and if they could talk Liverpool into allowing them to keep all the revenue from them it could be a very good earner as well as allowing 3000 extra fans in to see the game, and it would also enhance the atmosphere. Good move if there is time.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Not sure a premium is a good idea Es. Plenty of normal fans struggling to get tickets at the moment. £50 is a lot.