1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

Jan 6, 2004
X Isle":ilr9pod2 said:
Green_Flash":ilr9pod2 said:
X Isle":ilr9pod2 said:
If successful, and it's SUCH a big if, Liverpool and Exeter aside it would be great to have these seats available on a POTD basis and unreserved meaning groups can just rock up and sit together.

It wouldn't be full by any extent but it might get those 'floaters' to re-engage with going to watch Argyle again.

wouldn't be full? On the contrary it would lead to chaos with queues back to Outland Road (as used to happen when it was POTD for big games - remember Bristol City 86?). That will not happen
As I say, **Liverpool and Exeter aside**. I didn't want to tempt fate but you could add the 'crucial' game or two at the business end of a promotion.

But all the others, no chance. I have complete faith in the underlying apathy of Plymouthians to say that, big games aside, there are not 3,000 of them champing at the bit to pay on the day for unreserved temporary seating.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood you! I agree there is no reason why it should not be potd for other games - isn't the whole ground save for season ticket holders?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Pogleswoody":2cklw4ky said:
Old Gunner":2cklw4ky said:
Really hope this happens--it would completely change the dynamic of the stadium for big games (assuming we retain the seating for the rest of the season). OK there will be some games where it will seem a waste--but there could be any number of promotion run in games attracting big numbers and a few thousand screaming Janners behind the oppo dugouts would be brilliant.

But that still begs the same question: if they love Argyle that much and get so excited at a home league game, why aren't they there already?? :think:

I think you know the answer-for most people supporting/loving a football team is not a top priority, but there are times when they will get sufficiently interested to attend. I think that's a good thing and from a financial perspective it should be catered for--hardcore supporters should also recognise the benefits for the club they love.

Mar 8, 2016
Hasn't it been mentioned before that the mayflower is condemned? Also It's a tight time frame to get this sorted isn't it, can't see it happening myself but if it does then great, even better if its left for the remainder of the season as the run in will draw some big crowds.

Apr 4, 2015
whilst i was waiting in the mayflower seating yesterday a group of official looking people were being shown around the area behind the dugouts. At the time everyone thought they were to do with bt sport , which they couldve been however they didnt look at any other part of the ground and were taking measurements of the terrace. They were also measuring up the corner between the grandstand and barn park end in front of the board that displays the numbers of the draws at half time. I reckon that it could be done and would be beneficial both for the replay and a few other games later in the season. If for no other reason than keeping some of the disappointed fans who couldnt get a tkt through the current channels, it should definitely be sold to loyal members of the green army who have currently missed out imo. Just putting it out there... lets hope it will be done.

Army green":97wa26d8 said:
Hasn't it been mentioned before that the mayflower is condemned? Also It's a tight time frame to get this sorted isn't it, can't see it happening myself but if it does then great, even better if its left for the remainder of the season as the run in will draw some big crowds.

It was never "condemned". We're simply not allowed to use it as a terrace due to the length of time we were in the Championship.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
clokey84":1b80tyuk said:
Urrrghhh.. Where will we put our flags?! :)
Jeez, there's an open goal if ever I saw one!! :lol:

Personally, I always thought the old temp seating we had on the Mayflower was far more comfortable than in the horseshoe (apart from the lack of cover) - I'd definitely use it again if it ever returned.

Jan 6, 2004
The reality of course is that you could have 3000 people simply standing in there with absolutely no danger whatsoever, but we live in an unflexible society where regulation trumps common sense.

Mar 8, 2016
Green_Flash":3qy8arvf said:
The reality of course is that you could have 3000 people simply standing in there with absolutely no danger whatsoever, but we live in an unflexible society where regulation trumps common sense.

So true

Jan 29, 2006
Jose446":2n57i0l5 said:
Can't put a price on the increased atmosphere these seats would generate

Yes we are playing Liverpool, but we SHOULD be doing everything within our power to WIN this tie. Too much respect is being shown. For 90 minutes we need to make the atmosphere as hostile as possible.

These are mainly youth fringe players who will not have experienced a crowd of this magnitude AGAINST them before. We need it to our advantage. Same can be said for the Exeter game and the other league games to a lesser extent.

No brainer if it can be done.

When standing was allowed being behind the dugouts was a great place to be. Very hostile - a consistent group of fans use to wind up the opposing managers. The clever ones who use to earn respect were the managers who use to laugh it off, the others who got riled were entertainment. One such manager was Steve McDermott who was lucky he didn't get arrested for his response. Good Times.

G

Greenskin

X Isle":oym3y07p said:
Green_Flash":oym3y07p said:
X Isle":oym3y07p said:
If successful, and it's SUCH a big if, Liverpool and Exeter aside it would be great to have these seats available on a POTD basis and unreserved meaning groups can just rock up and sit together.

It wouldn't be full by any extent but it might get those 'floaters' to re-engage with going to watch Argyle again.

wouldn't be full? On the contrary it would lead to chaos with queues back to Outland Road (as used to happen when it was POTD for big games - remember Bristol City 86?). That will not happen
As I say, **Liverpool and Exeter aside**. I didn't want to tempt fate but you could add the 'crucial' game or two at the business end of a promotion.

But all the others, no chance. I have complete faith in the underlying apathy of Plymouthians to say that, big games aside, there are not 3,000 of them champing at the bit to pay on the day for unreserved temporary seating.

You're in your element at the moment aren't you, a golden chance for you to slag off the citizens of Plymouth and the surrounds for not particularly wanting to consistently watch consistently second, third or as it is now, fourth rate fare. Whadda man,a classic myopic "i'm so loyal, why can't everyone else be" unrealist. Just ask yourself how "loyal" the citizens of Hull,Reading and Swansea were when they were getting lower gates than Argyle and the reason for their apparently increased possession of that admirable quality since they reached the top flight. Anyway I hope this happens and stays for the rest of the season, along with some attempt to tidy up that embarrassing eyesore between the Mayflower and Demport, for which there is no excuse.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
greenwhale":1rv679qa said:
Jose446":1rv679qa said:
Can't put a price on the increased atmosphere these seats would generate

Yes we are playing Liverpool, but we SHOULD be doing everything within our power to WIN this tie. Too much respect is being shown. For 90 minutes we need to make the atmosphere as hostile as possible.

These are mainly youth fringe players who will not have experienced a crowd of this magnitude AGAINST them before. We need it to our advantage. Same can be said for the Exeter game and the other league games to a lesser extent.

No brainer if it can be done.

When standing was allowed being behind the dugouts was a great place to be. Very hostile - a consistent group of fans use to wind up the opposing managers. The clever ones who use to earn respect were the managers who use to laugh it off, the others who got riled were entertainment. One such manager was Steve McDermott who was lucky he didn't get arrested for his response. Good Times.

And Mike Newell spilling or was it throwing tea over us

Jul 29, 2010
Green_Flash":3ob9gvvb said:
X Isle":3ob9gvvb said:
Green_Flash":3ob9gvvb said:
X Isle":3ob9gvvb said:

Ah sorry, I misunderstood you! I agree there is no reason why it should not be potd for other games - isn't the whole ground save for season ticket holders?
Not unreserved, no. That's key to attracting the 'floaters', POTD AND unreserved. Much like the days of terracing they can rock up and coalesce around their friends and workmates without having to block book seating together.

It's that ad hock and socially driven supporter that was alienated by the loss of terracing. We kept hold of them when the mayflower was unreserved POTD but lost them seemingly forever when it closed.

Some folk just don't like being organised, corralled, they don't like the lack of spontaneity that having to book your ticket first and sit in designated seats, possibly rows and rows from your mates unless you ALL organise yourselves in advance, brings.

All hypothetical as I can't see this happening. But Simon Hallett wants to attract new fans, and this is something tangible that could get many of the old ones back. It's something even if they don't get the safety certificate that they should consider for the lower section of the grandstand refurb.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Army green":3vj3nzo8 said:
Green_Flash":3vj3nzo8 said:

No barriers in there whatsoever so not safe by any stretch and the surface is battered beyond believe. Pretty sure there will be a heavy stewarding presence in there keeping people sat down in that section for fear of repercussions

So true