5000 season tickets and 1000 white memberships so far | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

5000 season tickets and 1000 white memberships so far

BlueinPL20

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Oct 14, 2016
Ollieargyle9":1m1rabya said:
oddball":1m1rabya said:
just for the record and to put a bit of balance on this discussion .....Portsmouth have sold 12,000 season tickets....

Former Premier League club and FA Cup winners with a core fanbase of around 15,000 outsell us, now there's a shocker.

I'm not quite sure what your point is Oddball. Our numbers will always look small if you compare us to an unachievable target, it's not balance simply a poor choice in comparator.

6,000 is very good for a club of our size, it shows significant growth on last year and proves that we are going in the right direction again. Pompey although our division rivals are out of our league fanbase wise, there's no comparison to be had.

Just to update you Pompey have now sold over 14,000 Season Tickets for the coming season`s games!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
BlueinPL20":10z0onz2 said:
Ollieargyle9":10z0onz2 said:
oddball":10z0onz2 said:
just for the record and to put a bit of balance on this discussion .....Portsmouth have sold 12,000 season tickets....

Former Premier League club and FA Cup winners with a core fanbase of around 15,000 outsell us, now there's a shocker.

I'm not quite sure what your point is Oddball. Our numbers will always look small if you compare us to an unachievable target, it's not balance simply a poor choice in comparator.

6,000 is very good for a club of our size, it shows significant growth on last year and proves that we are going in the right direction again. Pompey although our division rivals are out of our league fanbase wise, there's no comparison to be had.

Just to update you Pompey have now sold over 14,000 Season Tickets for the coming season`s games!

That's a very good return, I'm glad to see another great club back on the rise again.

There's still zero value in comparing with each other though as we're clubs with entirely different histories that create a huge gap in our core fanbases.

Until we've hit the big time like you and given the fickle of Plymouth reason to commit to Argyle we will never live up to your attendances, I don't see why the likes of Oddball have even brought Pompey into this.

Jun 2, 2016
Ollieargyle9":2v5sawb6 said:
BlueinPL20":2v5sawb6 said:
Ollieargyle9":2v5sawb6 said:
oddball":2v5sawb6 said:

That's a very good return, I'm glad to see another great club back on the rise again.

There's still zero value in comparing with each other though as we're clubs with entirely different histories that create a huge gap in our core fanbases.

Until we've hit the big time like you and given the fickle of Plymouth reason to commit to Argyle we will never live up to your attendances, I don't see why the likes of Oddball have even brought Pompey into this.

I presumed Oddball was a Portsmouth supporter. Not so?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
the_corkscrew":38jcfg4i said:
Ollieargyle9":38jcfg4i said:
BlueinPL20":38jcfg4i said:
Ollieargyle9":38jcfg4i said:
oddball":38jcfg4i said:

Made I laugh. Just comparing one promoted team with another.like for like, in that respect. There was a time when we had 12000 season ticket holders and not that long ago either,so 5000 is nothing to get too excited about.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
oddball":2904xghg said:
the_corkscrew":2904xghg said:
Ollieargyle9":2904xghg said:
BlueinPL20":2904xghg said:
Ollieargyle9":2904xghg said:
oddball":2904xghg said:

Made I laugh. Just comparing one promoted team with another.like for like, in that respect. There was a time when we had 12000 season ticket holders and not that long ago either,so 5000 is nothing to get too excited about.

12000? When?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Season 2004-2005,our first in the CCC. The average home attendance was around 16500 and there were 12000 season ticket holders.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Apologies if I am wrong but I thought it was closer to 10,000 total memberships?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
oddball":2i1h56p4 said:
Season 2004-2005,our first in the CCC. The average home attendance was around 16500 and there were 12000 season ticket holders.

At the risk of being "reported" to the Admins...yet again.

Try comparing apples with apples. We've just been promoted, in 2nd place, to League One.

IF in the next two years, we are promoted AS CHAMPIONS to the Championship, I would expect those sort of numbers.

Not however, this year.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I'm not sure about this massive fanbase of Pompey's we keep getting compared to. Yes, historically in their hey day post war until the early 1960s and in their more recent brief spell in the Premier league and the ensuing years their gates were understanably a good bit better than our's.
However, from my first season watching Argyle in 1964/65 right through the next 30 years more or less Pompey, as a fixture in the second tier averaged anything from 8,000 odd to about 14,500 which on a like for like basis was only marginally more than us in the same division. From memory our 10,000 would be their 12,000 and our 12,000 their 14,000.

B

BaffinsPompey

HI all, was just looking at your site to see what players you have signed and stumbled across this thread. looking positive for you guys this season, especially keeping carey. can see you challenging for top 6. pompey I'm not so sure - a top 10 finish I would take while we are building off the pitch.

season ticket sales, well we have just broken through the 14,000 mark - and are aiming for 15,000 season tickets sold this season, which is just tremendous. an awful lot of fans here worried they wont be able to get in now! (which is why a bigger stadium is a must now).

I see your s a selling pretty well too. IN terms of comparisons no need to get too much in to that - but good luck for the season ahead, really looking forward to it.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I would take a top 10 while we are also building off the pitch. I fear many of our fan base's expectations are a bit optimistic myself and whilst you don't turn down promotion should it happen I would like to see the ground finished and us ready to capitalise on the increased support and revenue it will bring to hopefully make our next stay in the second tier a little longer.

B

BaffinsPompey

absolutely jerry, feel the same way. I cant see the point of us going straight up again and trying to compete with the tens of millions they all spend on wages there, while our stadium urgently needs redeveloping etc etc etc. The championship is a great league, but generally with one or two exceptions all the teams lose millions every year just staying put - id rather use that money on building infrastructure up first.

Yes agree you don't turn down a promotion, but for me no need at all for fireworks this season. we have competitive enough squad already, and so do you I see, but looking at some of the players other teams are getting I cant see us challenging at the top for a season or 2.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
jerryatricjanner":2dzk72ly said:
Apologies if I am wrong but I thought it was closer to 10,000 total memberships?

I agree - I don't remember it quite reaching five figures, I was going to say 9000+.