7000 missing | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

7000 missing

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The performance on Saturday was awful, all those who turned up who don't normally attend will be saying 'what a load of tripe that was' (or words to that effect :whistle: )

And consequently not coming back

As soon as we lose a game, OK it was Exeter, we are described as 'awful'.

I think DA was right about the Exeter game and the statistics tend to support his opinion.
We had 16 shots with 6 on target (1 goal), Exeter had 10 with 3 on target (2 goals). Also, the referee was not a lot better than the Leyton Orient game. We could have won both games.

I find it interesting that many fans say that as long as they see attacking football they can tolerate the occasional poor result but when we get a poor result, we are 'awful'.

jb2339

✅ Evergreen
Apr 16, 2013
Maybe people can't make every Saturday due to work commitments. I had to book off the game off work when the fixtures game out.

I travel from Edinbugh to home games so time you add in flights for 2 people, a hire car and a match tickets your talking £200 for a 90 minutes match. So if you think some of the 7000 people extra had to make the same sort of special effort to come you should be thankful we do and not slag us off!

So far I've been to 3 home games and Mansifeld away. I will be going to a couple more if I can.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
davie nine":lag2wgx1 said:
The performance on Saturday was awful, all those who turned up who don't normally attend will be saying 'what a load of tripe that was' (or words to that effect :whistle: )

And consequently not coming back

As soon as we lose a game, OK it was Exeter, we are described as 'awful'.

I think DA was right about the Exeter game and the statistics tend to support his opinion.
We had 16 shots with 6 on target (1 goal), Exeter had 10 with 3 on target (2 goals). Also, the referee was not a lot better than the Leyton Orient game. We could have won both games.

I find it interesting that many fans say that as long as they see attacking football they can tolerate the occasional poor result but when we get a poor result, we are 'awful'.

Agree with that.

I certainly didn't think we played awfully, it was an awful result though.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
can't think of a league game where we have played worse....that was an awful performance.....and those that turned up on the day were probably saying "what a load of rubbish" and frankly for a team 5 points clear at the top of the league you would expect better,,, that was a rubbish performance....and what the stats don't tell you is the quality of the shots on target.....and Exeter's were a lot better than ours.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
oddball":38gi080e said:
can't think of a league game where we have played worse....
I can think of loads, compared to some of the performances we've had over the last few years that was actually decent. It wasn't a great performance or even a good performance, but I think you're letting the opponents cloud your judgement.

loyal1970":2yg3iv8e said:
HC Green":2yg3iv8e said:
Unfortunately Plymouth is not a football town. If you work out the average attendance as a percentage of the city's population Argyle has one of the lowest fan bases in the country. If you add in the catchment area due to the lack of other teams to compete for fans it is even worse.
or city even, it's roughly the same population as hull and they had about the same as us until they got to the premier and there crowd's increased so would ours.

Not quite true but not too far off https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LI/pubhtml

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreenKnowledge":3k558xh0 said:
loyal1970":3k558xh0 said:
HC Green":3k558xh0 said:
Unfortunately Plymouth is not a football town. If you work out the average attendance as a percentage of the city's population Argyle has one of the lowest fan bases in the country. If you add in the catchment area due to the lack of other teams to compete for fans it is even worse.
or city even, it's roughly the same population as hull and they had about the same as us until they got to the premier and there crowd's increased so would ours.

Not quite true but not too far off https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LI/pubhtml
Interesting.

Interesting stats. I remember seeing Argyle win 1-0 at Boothferry Park midweek (MacGregor direct from a corner I think, while I was taking a leak), a handful of Argyle fans, and a sticker in the toilets saying “Save The Tigers – Please Turn off The Lights”

The difference in attendance between our tier 4 promotion season on 01/02 of 8,788 and Hull’s in 03/04 of 16,847 is interesting. Would that have been around the time the KC opened?

Bottom line is one club pushed on, and one didn’t.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":2bqji7kx said:
GreenKnowledge":2bqji7kx said:
loyal1970":2bqji7kx said:
HC Green":2bqji7kx said:

Interesting.

Yes, interesting, but let's put the individual average player wage cost, per spectator for Hull, against the same for Argyle and see the result. It will put a far different complexion on the statistics. Hull have been very lucky to have a 'Sugar Daddy' chairman to help keep the Club afloat despite the bigger gates. As someone who worked for a period over a winter in Hull, I think there is merit in joining a large crowd of people just to benefit from mutual warmth!

Jul 29, 2010
Bermudian Green":2skgnidk said:
Gary_Wills":2skgnidk said:
Cheaper tickets for PL postcoders perhaps? Could be a hotter issue than peas-in or VAT-on pasties. ;)

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Gr ... story.html

Ah ha! This will be a thread in it's own right!

Let me kick-it off by saying rubbish. So people in Truro pay more to get in than someone from Plymouth?

:stir:

Quite right too, those b*ggers from 'up country' can obviously afford it. They can afford to give up all those hours to travel to Plymouth, all that petrol money to get there, all those service station meals because they're never home before everyone's gone to bed. Spot on, milk their wealth some more.

Leave the discounts for the poor old locals who have to cross Outland Road ON FOOT FFS :shock: ...who have to do the dishes after watching football focus over lunch....and who sometimes don't get back for tea until HALF BLEDDY FIVE :furious: ....they're the one's who deserve the subsidies, they're the one's making the big sacrifices.

#myarse

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":2os52ztm said:
Cheaper tickets for PL postcoders perhaps? Could be a hotter issue than peas-in or VAT-on pasties. ;)

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Gr ... story.html

The safe standing issue would be a good initiative for a club and for English football as a whole too. If a club who still doesn't have to be all seater were to bring it in, the authorities would then see first hand how saferit is than standing in seated areas like we have now. Of course there is the initial cost for a small club. It would be good if a Premier League club could sponsor such an installation and then use the evidence to promote a law change to enable themselves to have such in the future.