A Statement | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Statement

Feb 18, 2016
I don't trust Brent, I've never seen or heard the man give a straight answer in plain English that your average Joe could understand, it's always political like, non committal waffle.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Fair play to the thread. 3 points I'd profer, mind:

Mr Brent surely but appreely took on a loss lead, boldly, and that isn't going to pay back through EFL, a loss oven, so the property aspect could be a ball crucher, who next ?

Prem, no ta, brexit pound 50+ a ticket, to be an also exhausted pulled up the crazy parachute chap'shop; rather bob around in L1

Thricord, some respect for the fans bodies, our boys; impact or not. If the board can at least, world class or pasty waste, meet those commitments, our valiant whims seem only a sound second.

Ta.

Dec 21, 2015
Cult Of Personality":268mkuq0 said:
And the Pro Brigade bite back.... Where is the Micheal Jackson Popcorn gif when i need it

is that your best or only response to valid difference of opinion ?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Chancellor":s2kie4xz said:
Dont think I have ever read such a blatant thread.

Pasoti is so crap these days, used to be where you could make a post without fear of being censored.

Now its full of poo, Brent is history, no full stop

What a strange post. Where have you been censored?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":l69i3eus said:
Is corporate governance of a professional football club by referendum a good thing? I think not.
This is what I was going to say. My mother once told me that there was a proverb for everything in life - I guess "He who pays the piper ...." is a prime example here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Graham Clark":1gbbrpvo said:
Thankfully, there are now more effective mediums for raising concerns about the issue.

Playing to your limited audiences again Graham?

If ATD and FreeChat are indicative of your support base it really does say it all.

It seem as if Lloyd's survey findings aren't the answer you guys wanted.

Still this site is 'bent' isn't it?

<Sigh>

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Because the undercurrent created by people like you, who only hint at this site being controlled by some super being, is constant.

No doubt fueled by a drunken series of posts by a sad and obsessive ex and very bitter Mod saying that James Brent owns part of this site.

I truly believe that there are too many aluminium hat wearers on the Internet and other hints from people like LG and Chancellor plus of course you, further endorse that feeling.

What do I think? I think that PAFC have left massive gaps in the communication to fans and it was bound to be filled with theories like yours and 'the undersigned'.

I trust our board, I think they are men of integrity and they care about our club.

However I realise the mouth breathers will say 'Uou're bound up say that' - So Graham there's little point in me answering it is there.

What I do believe in is the democratic vote actually shows what the majority think, however it seems as if 'the undersigned' seem to think they should speak up for us poor uninformed folk. What outstanding arrogance!!

Anyway I'm off, I have a life.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Daz":11udwfnq said:
The following is a statement from a fan of the Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

James, My interest in Argyle is seeing the football team play on a Saturday afternoon, having a few beers with friends and just having an enjoyable afternoon watching a game of football and having a shout, swear and general release of tension that the working week has bought.

I trust you to look after the club with your best intentions, I don't care if you make money from your investment (I hope you do as that will clearly be better for pafc than losing money), but I'm honestly not interested in every nook and cranny of what is going on behind the scenes. I just want to be able to see Plymouth Argyle play on a Saturday afternoon. I'd love us to be in the premier league, but actually some of the best times I've had were in the dark days of administration with fans that didn't care what the score was but just wanted to be there with likeminded people supporting their team.

Until the day that you actually give me a reason to fear that you are affecting my ability to watch my local team play football (good or bad) you have my backing 100%. Keep up the good work you and the board are doing.

P.s I like the q and a's you do with fans, forget the 'fans bodies', talk to us directly and you will win more friends.

Daz :thumbup:
Plymouth Argle supporter 1985-20....
Fair play to you Daz.
Has a Q & A been organised by James and the Board yet for this season? Be good to have some notice on this and I may even make a visit to Home Park. :shocked:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":1sipbdad said:
Because the undercurrent created by people like you, who only hint at this site being controlled by some super being, is constant.

No doubt fueled by a drunken series of posts by a sad and obsessive ex and very bitter Mod saying that James Brent owns part of this site.

I truly believe that there are too many aluminium hat wearers on the Internet and other hints from people like LG and Chancellor plus of course you, further endorse that feeling.

What do I think? I think that PAFC have left massive gaps in the communication to fans and it was bound to be filled with theories like yours and 'the undersigned'.

I trust our board, I think they are men of integrity and they care about our club.

However I realise the mouth breathers will say 'Uou're bound up say that' - So Graham there's little point in me answering it is there.

What I do believe in is the democratic vote actually shows what the majority think, however it seems as if 'the undersigned' seem to think they should speak up for us poor uninformed folk. What outstanding arrogance!!

Anyway I'm off, I have a life.
Thanks for mentioning me in dispatches Ian.
Be good to catch up at the Derek Adams Q & A in Bodmin on 6th September!
I'm off to have a life too. Truro v Welling this afternoon with my lovely boy.

Herald article today.
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymout ... story.html
JBs reasoning if buying freehold goes ahead. Note rent increase in october?
"I personally think it is in the interests of Plymouth Argyle Football Club to own its stadium.
"I think that statement is justified on a number of accounts, part of which is financial.
"If we are not paying the rent – which goes up in October if we don't buy the stadium – we can spend that on the football budget.
"It drives other things in terms of your behaviour to invest. We, as a club, are more likely to invest in our own asset than an
asset owned by a third party. So I think the principle of owning the stadium is a very good one."
I know nothing about business so i have no idea if this is good or bad news from a business perspective. I simply trust JB and co
to get it right this time if they do decide to go ahead with the freehold purchase. If HP was in a different location to a public
park. Perhaps then, staying in public ownership might be a better option. Most new grounds have been built with the help of funds raised
by selling their old grounds. Local councils helping with the process as many owned these old grounds and locations. We seem pretty
unique in that we dont have that option with HPs location. I guess thats why stapleton and co bought the freehold last time.
Big mistakes were then made, mainly by todd and gardner when given the reins so if we get people like that in charge again thats when we need to worry.
We might well get shafted again later. We might not. All i know is that we cannot stay as we are forever. If the completion of the
ground now involves owning the freehold again then i am willing and trust JB and co enough for them to have another go at it.
I just dont see any other options in going forward at the moment.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
"We, as a club, are more likely to invest in our own asset than an
asset owned by a third party. So I think the principle of owning the stadium is a very good one."
Yep--this is more or less what I said on the other statement thread a couple of hours ago--invest in something you own rather than rent and it's a win win situation. The fans get better facilities and the owners get a more valuable asset.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
IJN":1rf7pj61 said:
Graham Clark":1rf7pj61 said:
Thankfully, there are now more effective mediums for raising concerns about the issue.

Playing to your limited audiences again Graham?

If ATD and FreeChat are indicative of your support base it really does say it all.

It seem as if Lloyd's survey findings aren't the answer you guys wanted.

Still this site is 'bent' isn't it?

<Sigh>

This is disappointing. Is it really necessary for the owner of PASOTI to criticise such a reasoned, articulate poster in this manner?

This type of thing really puts me off PASOTI to be honest. Very unnecessary.