A Statement | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Statement

Oct 31, 2015
Daz":or7k3jqi said:
The following is a statement from a fan of the Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

James, My interest in Argyle is seeing the football team play on a Saturday afternoon, having a few beers with friends and just having an enjoyable afternoon watching a game of football and having a shout, swear and general release of tension that the working week has bought.

I trust you to look after the club with your best intentions, I don't care if you make money from your investment (I hope you do as that will clearly be better for pafc than losing money), but I'm honestly not interested in every nook and cranny of what is going on behind the scenes. I just want to be able to see Plymouth Argyle play on a Saturday afternoon. I'd love us to be in the premier league, but actually some of the best times I've had were in the dark days of administration with fans that didn't care what the score was but just wanted to be there with likeminded people supporting their team.

Until the day that you actually give me a reason to fear that you are affecting my ability to watch my local team play football (good or bad) you have my backing 100%. Keep up the good work you and the board are doing.

P.s I like the q and a's you do with fans, forget the 'fans bodies', talk to us directly and you will win more friends.

Daz :thumbup:
Plymouth Argle supporter 1985-20....

Hear bloody hear

Well done Daz now get this sent to the club. I for one want a well run club that is self sustainable so I can watch the football. Not want that could crash again any minute(Argyll mk1, Pompey, Bradford,Bolton, Blackpool) to name a few

C

Cult Of Personality

Alot of posters commenting on this statement that i not normally seen post on here

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
StillGreen":lmlbdjvt said:
Graham Clark is one of the fairest people that post on this site. For Mr Newell to suggest there is sly innuendo in his comments is incredibly unfair and moves the debate away from the important matter in hand. PASOTI should not be censoring the views of supporters. There is a very sound reason for debating the purchase of the freehold and the long term consequences of such a decision. Thank god for posters like Graham who have played their part in all sorts of forums here on PASOTI whether on or off the field. Advert Removed by Site Admin.

Nothing has been censored. You're so used to not being challenged else where that as soon as someone has a different view to you on Pasoti you spout nonense about being censored.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":36ktxmfg said:
Fair play to the thread. 3 points I'd profer, mind:

Mr Brent surely but appreely took on a loss lead, boldly, and that isn't going to pay back through EFL, a loss oven, so the property aspect could be a ball crucher, who next ?

Prem, no ta, brexit pound 50+ a ticket, to be an also exhausted pulled up the crazy parachute chap'shop; rather bob around in L1

Thricord, some respect for the fans bodies, our boys; impact or not. If the board can at least, world class or pasty waste, meet those commitments, our valiant whims seem only a sound second.

Ta.

Best post I have ever read anywhere. . . . . . :whistle:

Aug 5, 2005
Cult Of Personality":3kek3nyg said:
Alot of posters commenting on this statement that i not normally seen post on here

You are saying these are not real posters? Or that there has been a ring round? A conspiracy?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cult Of Personality":2j3fendh said:

That's a bizarre statement - below is a list (to the one before this). Most of the posts are from regulars. Only 2 stand out as unusual - both negative in outlook. One of which aggressive towards this site.

An interesting exercise is to look at a Brief Synopsis or match thread and compare it with any thread concerning the off-field antics of the club. The Venn diagram that results is extremely interesting.

Daz (x2)
Davie Nine (x2)
Lundan Cabbie
Since I was 33 (x2)
Plymouth1970
Knarf Reprah
Xmastree
Tynan One Nil
Cult of Personality (x4)
Fat_green_belly (x3)
gaspargomez
Andy_S
Chancellor
Stan
Gary_Wills (x2)
TonyD
Quintrell Green
Graham Clark (x3)
memory man
IJN (x5)
Aerok
LG (x2)
Old Gunner (x3)
Phil Sloggett (x3)
Mike Greening
Dave Summers
Greenskin
Jeriatric Janner
cheshiregreen
StillGreen
Mark Pedlar
rsp4
PL3 3DQ
Justanotherfan
Quizmike

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I should say up front that I have only a limited, laymans` idea of business practices. I have a lot of faith in James Brent and the board he has put in place, but know full well that in life there are no guarantees and JBs ownership could yet come back to bite me/us in the bum. I do not know whether Graham Clarks` view is accurate, no matter how articulately expressed, I do however, appreciate his fears. I like the fact that under JB Argyle are now on a sound financial footing and even turning an operating profit. I have purchased my own property because I always felt that rent was dead money, thousands paid for no end benefit. I lean towards purchasing the ground because of the various covenants that mean it will never be developed without including a football stadium. Until and if James Brent gives me cause to doubt his aims and objectives, not divulging his business plans does not cover this, I will continue to support him. I also fully support the MODS and owner of PASOTI to run a fair forum which covers a broad church.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Patrick it is 100% right to raise the question what I suggest is wrong is the scaremongering tactics when referring to one particular part of our history.

Plus the specific hand picking of the 'undersigned'.

It's far too 'pre-fabricated' for my taste.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Mark Pedlar":2z29gyz0 said:
Cult Of Personality":2z29gyz0 said:

That's a bizarre statement - below is a list (to the one before this). Most of the posts are from regulars. Only 2 stand out as unusual - both negative in outlook. One of which aggressive towards this site.

An interesting exercise is to look at a Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) or match thread and compare it with any thread concerning the off-field antics of the club. The Venn diagram that results is extremely interesting.

Daz (x2)
Davie Nine (x2)
Lundan Cabbie
Since I was 33 (x2)
Plymouth1970
Knarf Reprah
Xmastree
Tynan One Nil
Cult of Personality (x4)
Fat_green_belly (x3)
gaspargomez
Andy_S
Chancellor
Stan
Gary_Wills (x2)
TonyD
Quintrell Green
Graham Clark (x3)
memory man
IJN (x5)
Aerok
LG (x2)
Old Gunner (x3)
Phil Sloggett (x3)
Mike Greening
Dave Summers
Greenskin
Jeriatric Janner
cheshiregreen
StillGreen
Mark Pedlar
rsp4
PL3 3DQ
Justanotherfan
Quizmike
I likes a good Venn diagram Mark. Be a welcome enhancement for our viewing pleasure!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":1jcrplur said:
Patrick is is 100% right to raise the question what I suggest is wrong is the scaremongering tactics when referring to one particular part of our history.

We need that book to be written Ian.
Get all the facts out there!
Busy in the clubhouse here at Treyew road. Enjoying having a life.

Feb 18, 2016
justanotherfan":3hzoezr9 said:
I should say up front that I have only a limited, laymans` idea of business practices. I have a lot of faith in James Brent and the board he has put in place, but know full well that in life there are no guarantees and JBs ownership could yet come back to bite me/us in the bum. I do not know whether Graham Clarks` view is accurate, no matter how articulately expressed, I do however, appreciate his fears. I like the fact that under JB Argyle are now on a sound financial footing and even turning an operating profit. I have purchased my own property because I always felt that rent was dead money, thousands paid for no end benefit. I lean towards purchasing the ground because of the various covenants that mean it will never be developed without including a football stadium. Until and if James Brent gives me cause to doubt his aims and objectives, not divulging his business plans does not cover this, I will continue to support him. I also fully support the MODS and owner of PASOTI to run a fair forum which covers a broad church.

An excellent, well balanced post Justin.

Mark Pedlar, my post from the early hours of this morning was made after a long night at a restaurant where too much vino had been consumed and while I stand by the sentiments expressed in it I'd word it differently if I were to post it now. I'm not sure if mine was one of the two considered negative by yourself but if so that's totally understandable.

C

Ceebs

IJN":1accdg1s said:
Patrick is is 100% right to raise the question what I suggest is wrong is the scaremongering tactics when referring to one particular part of our history.

When releasing a joint statement, or seeking people to lend their name in affirmation of a statement, how is it possible for the signatories not to have been selected?

L

LeedsGreen

Should we appreciate JB buying the club and pulling us out of the mire - Yes
Does that mean he and the board should be beyond question or reproach - No
Is the club being run sustainably - Yes
Has our league position and playing squad improved since he has taken over - Yes
Was buying the club a purely altruistic gesture - No
Will JB want a return on this investment at some point - Yes
Is that wrong or unethical - No (Assuming that the club is running a profit)
Will it help the club if we get behind them - Yes
COYG! :scarf:

Dec 21, 2015
"as I post on here based on the facts and without hyperbole."

what facts are you expressing here - a fact of the fear of the future or what happened in the past under different ownership (therefore not fact as the details are different) ?

Todd, Gardener, et al were completely different custodians to Brent and the current board

I do not believe the ground ownership is just to save on rent - I do find your example of Perterbough paying £430K rent... they are in league 1 - do you have a comparison to show what rent we will be paying when in League 1 ?

I do believe for the club to grow and develop then the owners need the collateral of owning the ground - not to potentially throw us to the wolves again as past custodians have done - do you believe James brent saved us just to potentially ruin us again in the future

As a business venture paying out £650k rent in the last 5 years it appears to make sense to potentially pay 5 years more rent (taking into account any rent increases over the next 5 years based on league) to buy the ground.

I do not know who is responsible for ground upkeep and maintenance but if its the council as landlords they will never be in a position to offset this expense in a dwindling budget and hence why all council housing and building stock has / is being sold off

ground safety standards need to me met or the club face being unable to use the stadium -

I hear your fears and opposition but what is your opinion on the solution ?