"Advice to the new Board Members" | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"Advice to the new Board Members"

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Don`t eat the yellow snow.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
More turnstyle operators for busier games (this Saturday). Reopen the mayflower as a standing terrace(the atmosphere pants since it shut) Oh! could you sneak in a couple of million pound signings.
Cheers

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The Herald is a decent filter of our trite bitterness, make that Herald first on the goss, you'll reignite a suffocating section of material-less merciless media, could set us apart from England's e-plan.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Gary_Wills":280dagqi said:
The Herald is a decent filter of our trite bitterness, make that Herald first on the goss, you'll reignite a suffocating section of material-less merciless media, could set us apart from England's e-plan.

Wise words Gary.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
HC Green":27nx6yvr said:
It's a shame that the big screen in Plymouth doesn't appear to be used to promote the sport clubs in Plymouth.
Showing clips of recent games for Argyle, Albion, Raiders, Devils etc plus details of forthcoming fixtures would be great publicity.

Absolutely.

Sep 20, 2003
Stop people from the other parts of the Lyndhurst from walking pitch side to exit at the end of a game, make them use the nearest exit. It takes me 10/15 minutes to get from the back of 8 to the bottom.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PutneyPete":15jwux5r said:
HC Green":15jwux5r said:
It's a shame that the big screen in Plymouth doesn't appear to be used to promote the sport clubs in Plymouth.
Showing clips of recent games for Argyle, Albion, Raiders, Devils etc plus details of forthcoming fixtures would be great publicity.

Absolutely.
From Argyle Media :-
"We used to promote our games on the screen up until quite recently, but stopped because we were told it was unavailable.
I will check with the operators to see if it is back in action; if it is, we will resume publicising games on it."

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ensure that we hold on to Carey,Wylde, McHugh, Nelson, McCormick in particular. I am confident that DA will want to retain these players and I would respect his decision about others.
I would hope that he can also persuade Jamille Matt join us.

Jan 27, 2012
I think that Plymouth ought to be able to sustain a Championship club given the size of the city and the catchment area. But it seems that Argyle cant generate the crowds to stay in that division and remain financially sustainable. I think that the board should identify the underlying reasons for this and try and tackle them- although it would obviously be a slow road. i just dont understand why the likes of Norwich and Swansea can play in the Premier League whereas Argyle hang around the lower divisions. The club has certainly never realised its potential- in my opinion.

Allied to this I would say that any new grandstand should aim to bring the crowd capacity to around 20,000. The club may not be able to fill all the seats right now, but I suspect the grandstand will be around for 50 years or so. We shouldn't be constrained and the previous plans circulated by James Brent were unpopular with many. It looked small-fry and as if it woukd restrict the club. Plus, I think a 20k seater would be great for the South West region as a whole.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Open the Mayflower area, possibly for the Pompey match, but, in any event, to improve the intimidating atmosphere for all our home matches next season.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Take your money and run. :whistle: :greensmile: :whistle: :greensmile: