AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knarf Reprah":1qscccg0 said:
Well I wasn't nominated by Sam! I'm completely independent and wish to use my vast business knowledge for a he benefit of the fans and the club

Yep, good man.

Hope you get the vote.

Not sure what difference it makes if Sam was kind enough to propose or second other candidates.

In fact, I personally think it is good of him to do so, in order to try to ensure there will be enough candidates in order for there to be a vote and that those successful will indeed be elected into post, rather than be automatically on the board without a vote being cast.

Perhaps I'm missing something here...

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Leeder":2ewazvps said:
Not sure what difference it makes if Sam was kind enough to propose or second other candidates.

In fact, I personally think it is good of him to do so, in order to try to ensure there will be enough candidates in order for there to be a vote and that those successful will indeed be elected into post, rather than be automatically on the board without a vote being cast.

Yes I think you are.

Surely it's not right that one person has to nominate 5 people (plus himself) to get the numbers up just so that we can say we had a vote. Surely there are more people interested in this to have different people nominating.

To be honest I'd be interested to know why people aren't standing this time. Why isn't Andy standing this time? He's gone from leader to leaving and I wonder why? Apologies if it has been announced somewhere and I've missed it.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Daz, I think you're reading a bit too much into this myself. Tim, Ed or Celia could easily have been nominated by anyone else and I didn't at all have to drag them into it. It just so happened that I was on hand when they asked for proposers. It could just have easily have been anything else- I was in the right place at the right time to nominate them. Sam and Josh were also both very interested and whilst, yes, I was their point of contact in the lead up to the election, I certainly didn't drag them into it kicking and screaming just so there was an election.

That said, I do both think and hope that the nominations next year will be more evenly spread.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Daz":364mte0j said:
To be honest I'd be interested to know why people aren't standing this time. Why isn't Andy standing this time? He's gone from leader to leaving and I wonder why? Apologies if it has been announced somewhere and I've missed it.

My main concern is whether he's taken the farting duck with him.

Judging by the nominations, 10 votes will win it.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
GreenSam":3lt08pvs said:
Daz, I think you're reading a bit too much into this myself. Tim, Ed or Celia could easily have been nominated by anyone else and I didn't at all have to drag them into it. It just so happened that I was on hand when they asked for proposers. It could just have easily have been anything else- I was in the right place at the right time to nominate them. Sam and Josh were also both very interested and whilst, yes, I was their point of contact in the lead up to the election, I certainly didn't drag them into it kicking and screaming just so there was an election.

That said, I do both think and hope that the nominations next year will be more evenly spread.

Sam, I know that's the case, but it could very easily look like you and your mates to someone that doesn't know too much about it.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Daz":3n1gwf55 said:
Leeder":3n1gwf55 said:

Yes I think you are.

Surely it's not right that one person has to nominate 5 people (plus himself) to get the numbers up just so that we can say we had a vote. Surely there are more people interested in this to have different people nominating.

Health reasons I think Daz.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Daz":e1zfnyyi said:
GreenSam":e1zfnyyi said:

Sam, I know that's the case, but it could very easily look like you and your mates to someone that doesn't know too much about it.
That's a fair point- it may well do but that isn't the case. I've met Josh in person only a few times and have never once met Sam outside of pasoti or Twitter. I'd also add that even if it is the case, that'd be democracy for you. I not only hope but also believe that the wider spread of interested people will have a ripple effect and spread even further for next year's elections.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
GreenSam":1exxa3w9 said:
Daz":1exxa3w9 said:
GreenSam":1exxa3w9 said:

That's a fair point- it may well do but that isn't the case. I've met Josh in person only a few times and have never once met Sam outside of pasoti or Twitter. I'd also add that even if it is the case, that'd be democracy for you. I not only hope but also believe that the wider spread of interested people will have a ripple effect and spread even further for next year's elections.

Why would you nominate someone you've never met??? How do you know what he'll bring to the party?

Jeez. Sam, you know I think you've done brilliantly running the trust, the only reason I'm asking these questions is that it looks a bit of a shambles to me.

Thanks Paul, some communication (from the trust) may have been a good idea. I hope Andys alright.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Daz,

I can propose Sam in spite of not having met him because I've communicated with him extensively online for one thing. Also, I don't think it should just be for the well connected. If someone doesn't really know many people in the Trust but wants to put their platform forward, then I think democracy should take its course. I'm in a position with Sam and Josh where I both know what they have to offer but at the same time it isn't just a private mates club either. I think that's healthy enough.

Thanks very much (sincerely) for the kind words about the job I'm doing.

Jun 8, 2014
Hmm. I don't think it's anything to really look into. I asked Sam to nominate me because he was one of the members of the trust I knew. I see your point Daz, definitely, and there may well be people who don't think it's such a good thing. I'm really not sure it matters who nominates who though - really I'd want you judging on what you know of the people and what you think about their statements!

I wished to stand and needed nominations - Sam offered me that opportunity, to which I'm grateful.

Jan 3, 2013
Pasties and Cider":nyz56id0 said:
Daz":nyz56id0 said:
.....it looks a bit of a shambles to me.

:shock: :shock: :lol:
unbelievable.....these guys especially Sam work so hard for the club's benefit and all you do is moan moan moan. If you want to change things, do what I've done STAND FOR ELECTION! Yes I know that's your vote lost, but at least I'm being honest :scarf:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I'm not claiming the AFT is perfect for a second and anyone who's spoken to me one to one (or even on here, in fact) will know that I can be reflective, self-critical and will say when we/I could have done things better. However I do think that some (and without wanting to stoke the fire, I'm afraid this is mainly directed at P&C here) think it's easy to make a small team of volunteers into a large scale, slick and fully professional organisation overnight. What we have done however is produced the first copy of our fanzine publication (the second will be out within weeks), entered into a crowd-funded sponsorship deal usually only attempted by companies and come up with all sorts of ways of raising the money and communicated with the club, PCC and others on a number of important issues. It may not be as much as some would want (including me btw!) but we've not been sat on our hands for the past year I can tell you that right now.