AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":og41u8sd said:
I'm not claiming the AFT is perfect for a second and anyone who's spoken to me one to one (or even on here, in fact) will know that I can be reflective, self-critical and will say when we/I could have done things better. However I do think that some (and without wanting to stoke the fire, I'm afraid this is mainly directed at P&C here) think it's easy to make a small team of volunteers into a large scale, slick and fully professional organisation overnight. What we have done however is produced the first copy of our fanzine publication (the second will be out within weeks), entered into a crowd-funded sponsorship deal usually only attempted by companies and come up with all sorts of ways of raising the money and communicated with the club, PCC and others on a number of important issues. It may not be as much as some would want (including me btw!) but we've not been sat on our hands for the past year I can tell you that right now.

To make it clear Sam, my comments weren't directed at yourself. It is my opinion that you and the other Trust board members have brought that side of things to an (in my view) overly aggressive and crusade driven Trust of 12 months ago. I genuinely believe that the Trust has come along way in the past 12 months; the RBL logo on the back of Argyle's shirts is but one evidence of the work that is being done bringing Argyle into the wider community whilst Trust statements over the past 12 months put the Trust across as a critical ally and not an enemy of the club and board.

Finally I feel the Trust is beginning to stand for the views of Argyle fans again.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Hi Ollie- nor were mine directed at you, at all. I was mainly responding to the drip, drip drip effect of comments from just one particular member who I'm sure would be a fine addition to making us a more active outfit if he deigned to become a member...

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Sent my votes off this morning, i liked the fact that there were some new people looking to get involved and an element of youth to represent that side of the fanbase.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mine's gone as well, I've done a mixture of old and young.

They took the time to stand so I took the time to vote.

Jun 8, 2014
I think it's great that there's an election, and even if I'm not voted in I'm still going to be an active member of the Trust over the next 12 months, and hopefully beyond. Will be a good experience either way!

Jun 8, 2014
On another note - this is for the mods.

Would it be possible for each candidate (those who use PASOTI) to start their own Q&A type thread where people can ask questions or raise concerns about them specifically, basically just to help people with their voting if they haven't voted already? Don't know if that's already being planned, mind.

Jan 3, 2013
Paven":3u5imcvf said:

Would it be possible for each candidate (those who use PASOTI) to start their own Q&A type thread where people can ask questions or raise concerns about them specifically, basically just to help people with their voting if they haven't voted already? Don't know if that's already being planned, mind.
good idea in theory, but in practice I think we'd be trolled! But I'm game....or I'll be at the Fanfest before the games

Jan 3, 2013
spowell92":1pznh7je said:
I'm available through PMs on here if anyone has any questions they'd like to ask.
ditto also let me know if you'd prefer your question's answer posted on here

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Paven":3t897kbj said:

Yes. Please go ahead, this special forum is for all AFT election activity.

Jan 3, 2013
Glynn":2b9bvrdy said:
Sent my votes off this morning, i liked the fact that there were some new people looking to get involved and an element of youth to represent that side of the fanbase.
more new than old!