AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Brilliant stuff, well done to the AFT, just goes to show the progress that the Trust has made in the last year if people want to get involved again :scarf:

All I can say is good luck to all of those standing :thumbs:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ian, the list of candidates and their statements will appear on the Trust website this Friday (31st). Ballot papers and copies of each candidate's statement will be sent to all Trust members on the same day.

Jun 8, 2014
5 PASOTI members there from what I can work out. The two Sam's, Frank, Josh and Tim.

CORRECTION: Bob is on here too.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Quite a range of candidates and opinions in there, it'll certainly be interesting to see the sort of direction supporters want the Trust to take through their choices of candidate over the next few month or so of electioneering.

What I'd say is that the Trust did come into a fair bit of criticism beyond 12 months ago for a seeming inability to self-critique it's own decisions which resulted in a few misinformed gaffs at the time. I would say however, that the variety of candidate on offer this year should improve the Trust's ability yet further in terms of questioning its own actions, not to mention the impact a variety of opinion will have on questioning the club from a variety of viewpoints and on behalf on different sections of the fan-base, which can only be a good thing really.

I'm also pleased that there will be an election process at all this year, nothing says "have a say in the club's running" more than having ballot papers in members hands and people choosing their own representatives, again something that the Trust has missed out on over the past couple of years. Personally I put it down to the change the Trust seems to have undergone over the past 12 months. Gone are the days of the militant Trust with a bone to pick with the owner to make way for a critical yet also even-handed and fair Trust and it seems as though the supporters have spoken accordingly, 8 candidates saying "yes that is the kind of Trust I want to be involved with", great stuff!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It's got to be a slight concern that so many of the candidates have been nominated by Sam? Either no one knows who else is in the Trust or its a one man show. (Which it has looked like recently)

Let's hope some new blood will give Sam the help he needs to take it forward further.

Jun 8, 2014
I don't know - I wouldn't look too closely at who people have been nominated by.

Seeing as virtually everyone is nominated by Sam it shouldn't make a difference! :greensmile: ;)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I want to know who all their neighbours are, whether they've been round each other's houses for tea and whether any of them have ever bought Leon Brittan a pasty!! :whistle:

Jan 3, 2013
Well I wasn't nominated by Sam! I'm completely independent and wish to use my vast business knowledge for the benefit of the fans and the club