AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

SteelCannon":1fka5goi said:

Thanks for the update from the AFT of which I am proud to be a member.

Despite what some on here keep repeating ad nauseum, there are many many supporters who place the club above private property developments that infringe on what has always been a part of the football club and which will result in no financial benefit to the club.

Offices I ask you? Half the office blocks in the City Centre are empty as it is!

PL2 3DQ":ckwong7e said:
Wouldn't it have been more beneficial if the AFT had spoken to JB or the football club first before issuing the latest statement and already stating its position. ..

Wouldnt it have been more beneficial if Mr Brent had spoken to the AFT or other fan groups before submitting a totally unnecessary hybrid plan on the back of a fully funded project to refurb the grandstand?

Aug 5, 2005
Oh and one other thing. Could you provide a link to the minutes of the meeting where it was decided that the AFT would take the policy of opposing the development of the Grandstand and Higher Home Park?

Aug 5, 2005
Chancellor":3e81ygmb said:
SteelCannon":3e81ygmb said:

Despite what some on here keep repeating ad nauseum, there are many many supporters who place the club above private property developments that infringe on what has always been a part of the football club and which will result in no financial benefit to the club.

Offices I ask you? Half the office blocks in the City Centre are empty as it is!

And that are many people who want the development to happen.

Why do think that the AFT can claim to talk for all fans in their statement?

As you know the AFT have a track record of not asking their members views before issuing statements. Were you consulted? How many people were consulted?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
SteelCannon":1s4euit8 said:
Pasoti mods....I posted the update as a new topic..is there a reason it's been moved part way down an old thread? People may miss it.

Hi

It's standard practice to merge threads of the same or similar subjects.

Thanks

Site Admin.

May 8, 2011
Chancellor":25zxktjs said:
SteelCannon":25zxktjs said:

Incorrect about the financial benefit as Argyle will receive 50% of any windfall profit from the HHP development.

I ask you, office buildings on HHP will be demolished to be replaced by an office building.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
HC Green":1fkdrhkm said:
Chancellor":1fkdrhkm said:
SteelCannon":1fkdrhkm said:

Incorrect about the financial benefit as Argyle will receive 50% of any windfall profit from the HHP development.

I ask you, office buildings on HHP will be demolished to be replaced by an office building.

So, no financial benefit then.

Quizmike":6pzstyj3 said:
Chancellor":6pzstyj3 said:
SteelCannon":6pzstyj3 said:

As you know the AFT have a track record of not asking their members views before issuing statements. Were you consulted? How many people were consulted?

I think you are right in that the vast majority want the refurb to happen. But not at any cost.

All the AFT is doing, and quite rightly, is seeking to enforce the ACV status and not allow some random property development to ride roughshod over something that has always been of significant public interest.

HC Green":1d0h8mb7 said:
Chancellor":1d0h8mb7 said:
SteelCannon":1d0h8mb7 said:

Highly unlikely that there will be any windfall profit, and even if there were how would we know?

The office buildings proposed, which are substantial, are not for Argyle staff, it is a commercial development. And Argyle certainly dont have 200 office staff.

As a matter of interest, is the Tony Hopwood who used to work for PCC and endorsed the £1 sale of the Pavilions and a £1m "float" to Mr Brent the same Tony Hopwood who is now in charge of this proposed development for Akkeron?

Anyone know?

May 8, 2011
Chancellor":397gcluw said:
Quizmike":397gcluw said:
Chancellor":397gcluw said:
SteelCannon":397gcluw said:

I think you are right in that the vast majority want the refurb to happen. But not at any cost.

All the AFT is doing, and quite rightly, is seeking to enforce the ACV status and not allow some random property development to ride roughshod over something that has always been of significant public interest.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion when the City's solicitor in coming to his decision to grant ACV status said that all the developments planned in the original HHP scheme, including the hotel and retail units would actually enhance and extend further the social wellbeing or social interests of the local community.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
What does the ACV cover? The stadium? HHP?

Not sure how a bunch of rotting portakabins and the world's worst car park could be covered by an ACV.

So glad I am not in the fans trust any more. They do not speak for me.

HC Green":2f1tsepz said:
Chancellor":2f1tsepz said:
Quizmike":2f1tsepz said:
Chancellor":2f1tsepz said:
SteelCannon":2f1tsepz said:

Not sure how you come to that conclusion when the City's solicitor in coming to his decision to grant ACV status said that all the developments planned in the original HHP scheme, including the hotel and retail units would actually enhance and extend further the social wellbeing or social interests of the local community.

Hard to see how offices would enhance and extend social wellbeing or social interests of the local community.

May 8, 2011
Chancellor":1geba9mk said:
HC Green":1geba9mk said:
Quizmike":1geba9mk said:
SteelCannon":1geba9mk said:

Hard to see how offices would enhance and extend social wellbeing or social interests of the local community.

Jobs?

Free spaces for local community groups like the FOCP perhaps?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Chancellor":37gmihb6 said:
PL2 3DQ":37gmihb6 said:
Wouldn't it have been more beneficial if the AFT had spoken to JB or the football club first before issuing the latest statement and already stating its position. ..

Wouldnt it have been more beneficial if Mr Brent had spoken to the AFT or other fan groups before submitting a totally unnecessary hybrid plan on the back of a fully funded project to refurb the grandstand?

He did at the Fans Forum...
Come and See

As for Tony Hopwood, it probably is the same person, as you well know, and by selling the Pavilions he did a good job because the Pavilions was costing Plymouth City Council £1.5m a year to operate and with a £30 million shortfall in its budget it was a good move for the people of Plymouth.
All operating costs transferred to Akkeron.