AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":3h2wuveh said:
So what you are literally saying Ian, is that the AFT is run exactly the same as Pasoti.

Also, you talk about the 'same old names' who are critical. Has it never occurred to you exactly what a 'same old name' IJN is, in all of this? In terms of prolific posting numbers, you are probably light years in front of any other individual.

This site has never flown under any idea of democracy, nor will it. It's not run by a committee or anyone else that is elected.

Regarding the same old names, yep I fall into that category, but I'm in the lucky position that if I don't agree with the Chairman I tell him, as can anyone else but they don't seem to want to.

To UTL's credit, he often has words with JB, as can any other fan, but it's always about football.

Imagine how stupid, Blight, Prior, Chown, Head, Willis, Baker etc etc etc would be if they did have the minerals to confront him, what could they say? 'We don't like you or anything you do because you're and ex banker and old Etonian'?

I'll give you some credit you're not anti JB you're anti everyone that's ever been in charge at PAFC. At least I change my style with each incumbent.

As for my posting levels, I must be in front now (Willis has been gone for a few years) but I do quite a bit for the Academy, not that you'd notice dear boy.

Nice to see you on this thread though, ever thought of talking about football?

Feb 8, 2005
PL2 3DQ":1fog4o44 said:
BallboyEGS1958":1fog4o44 said:
Quizmike":1fog4o44 said:
BallboyEGS1958":1fog4o44 said:
SteelCannon":1fog4o44 said:
I don't know who you are Quizmike so will not provide you with separate information. I am not obliged to tell you how many requests we've had, but to put your mind at ease there have been 100% more messages telling us to do this than those that have not. That means...NONE. I will also say there were SOME members of the Never Again group, but those were in the minority and most of the emails I've received have been from names you probably wouldn't know and who I had to look up on the membership database - so you can rule out that conspiracy.

All our minutes are on the website bar the last five due to old technology on the current site. We're soon migrating to something new and these will be updated for your perusal but all is in order although I am more than aware of our procedures and constitution but thank you for your concern.

If anyone one wants to know the business of the AFT and is a fully paid up member, all they have to do is go though the proper channels available on the AFT Web Site and address them via the AFT secretary for a response. "Not a media site to get a re-action" You need to ignore them.

Is this an official AFT policy to ignore someone who is asking awkward questions?

The AFT issued the statement "to all fans"

If it's AFT business go through the right channels it's a simple operation, it's called the "AFT Web Site where all AFT business should be conducted not a media web site"

That's just plain silly.
The AFT has used 'a media website' to link to its statement where it has already decided to challenge the development plans BEFORE a meeting with JB (without consulting its members) and then won't field questions from those fans and AFT members who disagree.

The questions from Quizmike are very reasonable.

I agree that the questions from Quizmike are reasonable. However, the correct place for them to be asked is on the official AFT site. The AFT are accountable to their membership and if Quizmike were a member then he would be quite entitled to expect a reply.

This Pasoti website is NOT the place for questions to the AFT.

The AFT have given Pasoti a link so that all Pasoti members may refer to their website.

There is no reason why discussion cannot be done on this site. However, formal questioning of the AFT board, and any replies should be done through the official AFT website. That is what it is there for.

P.S. I am not a member, and have no affiliation to either the website, or any member of the website.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Quizmike":102zops0 said:
Baby Face Johnson":102zops0 said:
Quizmike":102zops0 said:
Baby Face Johnson":102zops0 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":102zops0 said:
If we ever reach the Premiership ( which I don't expect to see in my lifetime) I was under the impression that an extra level could be put all around the ground to increase capacity, rather than just expanding the grandstand.

As I have said before, with the conferencing facilities a close hotel will be a huge benefit to the club. Plymouth is certainly not endowed with many good hotels (and I've stayed in plenty of them over the years, and they are all pretty bad) and a new hotel on the doorstep will help sell the conference space.

No. This was a commonly held belief but I don't think it can be - hence the hastily produced 'few rows of seats crammed in at the top with restricted views' option proposed as a future expansion alternative, to appease the dissenters, in the last set of proposals.

Q37 here - an extra 2000 CAN be added

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2013/june/grandstand-qa/

This is what I was referring to Mike. It was a bit half-arsed to say the least and not the mythical additional tier, all-round, that we all originally thought could be added on if required.

Apologies, I misread your post

No need to apologise.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
"We represent you so shut up and be represented"

What is the point of a Trust that knows diddly squat about the views of the fanbase? Who are these experts at the Trust that think they know what the people of Plymouth need more than the people of Plymouth?

This challenge against the plans on the grounds of the ACV are laughable and completely wrong. To make matters worse a small handful of individuals are making it in the name of all Argyle fans, the Trust does not represent me nor the vast majority of Argyle fans!

Aug 5, 2005
Ollieargyle9":3t7degv4 said:
"We represent you so shut up and be represented"

What is the point of a Trust that knows diddly squat about the views of the fanbase? Who are these experts at the Trust that think they know what the people of Plymouth need more than the people of Plymouth?

This challenge against the plans on the grounds of the ACV are laughable and completely wrong. To make matters worse a small handful of individuals are making it in the name of all Argyle fans, the Trust does not represent me nor the vast majority of Argyle fans!

And this is why I'm so angry. The AFT state all the time that they speak for all Argyle fans, and yet for the second time in two years have made a decision with potentially serious consequences for the club without asking the fans.

You have no right to do this. You have no mandate to do this.

You are appealing an ACV which you placed on the club against its will and got the council to serve upon itself, even though that ACV says that "such redevelopment would enhance and extend further wellbeing or social interests of the local community"

That's in the thing you imposed and now you want to challenge it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was told a few minutes ago that the AFT has come in for a severe bashing from the ATD/FreeChat mobs. So I sort of get that they feel that they have to do something but puling the ACV out does seem a but daft.

Why not stick to the Never Again Group's - We want to park initiative at least that is slightly more believable.

sLFbBHm.png

Aug 5, 2015
Seems like the AFT is typical of many organisation run by committee. Everyone on the committee needs to shout as loud as they can so they can show they're doing their "job". Thank god I'm retired now and don't have to put up with this crap any longer. All committees should be consigned to the dustbin of history. There's nothing remotely democratic about them. No committee speaks for me I have my own voice. Let's hope individuals make representations about this issue, rather than leaving it to people who claim to speak for them!

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
The trust is simply popping it's head up again following a long period of irrelevance and inactivity and responding to "shouts" from elsewhere online. This simply smacks of existence justification .....and pandering to the usual anti everything group. It does not speak for the majority of fans by any stretch of the imagination and is simply an opinion of a few ....the usual lot that the trust feel desperate to oblige since nobody else is remotely interested. A supportive trust would be a great asset to Argyle ...as is evidenced by other club trusts. It is not hard to find examples. Sadly I can find little evidence these days that the AFT does or has in recent years done anything at all positive. I would suggest start afresh with a positive, vibrant and supporting ideal ....not this negative pandering to the usual anti few.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
jimsing":2k88hvhj said:
I agree that the questions from Quizmike are reasonable. However, the correct place for them to be asked is on the official AFT site. The AFT are accountable to their membership and if Quizmike were a member then he would be quite entitled to expect a reply.

In which case, can the AFT please STOP saying that they exist to represent ALL Argyle fans. I think it is VERY clear from the number of posts today that this is NOT the case.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
metroace":11n9qp3d said:
jimsing":11n9qp3d said:

In which case, can the AFT please STOP saying that they exist to represent ALL Argyle fans. I think it is VERY clear from the number of posts today that this is NOT the case.

Absolutely ... and since very few ever go near the AFT site... why not answer here .... and reach a huge group of fans. But regardless of that ...what is the problem with answering a fans questions wherever they might be asked ?

May 16, 2016
metroace":20hj1ua1 said:
jimsing":20hj1ua1 said:

It might help if they said they represent the views of its members, or at least those asked or bothered to respond.

Aug 5, 2015
I'm not a great fan of the media but someone needs to get it out there that the AFT does not represent all Argyle fans. Neither does it represent the majority of Argyle fans. It represents a small number of Argyle fans who seem to have their own agenda. We need to let the council know what we think as individual Argyle fans rather than let he who shouts loudest get the council's ear.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Guiri Green":2ewowgyy said:
metroace":2ewowgyy said:
jimsing":2ewowgyy said:

It might help if they said they represent the views of its members, or at least those asked or bothered to respond.

Having never been a member nor have I been inclined but if the AFT doesn't represent you and you are a member, wouldn't you leave meaning the only people with membership agree with doing what the committee says not deciding the policy?

B

BallboyEGS1958

I have been a supporter of PAFC for over sixty years, “by that I mean the club”, not the personel that controlled the club over that period of time.

The only thing that I have an interest in is the well being of my club and what is in it’s best interest going forward only.

So when we had are problems with administration etc. the AFT was formed and became the focal point at that time in helping to achieve survival. (some people have very short memories).

I joined that Trust and still maintain membership and always will whilst they continue to look after the interests of my club.
We need this to ensure that never again will we be put in the position that we were in only a short time ago.
I have no problem with Mr Brent or his running of the club, but I do have the right to question that what he is proposing in his development and the possible impact on the future of my club.

These views I have made known to the AFT as a member and requested they investigate further.

So as a paid up member of the AFT, I fully expect them to work on my behalf and “ALL” PAFC supporters, this I fully believe they will do.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
BallboyEGS1958":37lrc9v8 said:
I have been a supporter of PAFC for over sixty years, “by that I mean the club”, not the personel that controlled the club over that period of time.

The only thing that I have an interest in is the well being of my club and what is in it’s best interest going forward only.

So when we had are problems with administration etc. the AFT was formed and became the focal point at that time in helping to achieve survival. (some people have very short memories).

I joined that Trust and still maintain membership and always will whilst they continue to look after the interests of my club.
We need this to ensure that never again will be put in the position that we were in only a short time ago.
I have no problem with Mr Brent or his running of the club, but I do have the right to question that what he is proposing in his development and the possible impact on the future of my club.

These views I have made known to the AFT as a member and requested they investigate further.

So as a paid up member of the AFT, I fully expect them to work on my behalf and “ALL” PAFC supporters, this I fully believe they will do.

Well they should ...but currently it's just a few "fans" being represented ..