AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Chancellor":1z86qbrd said:
PL2 3DQ":1z86qbrd said:
PL2 3DQ":1z86qbrd said:
Wouldn't it have been more beneficial if the AFT had spoken to JB or the football club first before issuing the latest statement and already stating its position. ..

Wouldnt it have been more beneficial if Mr Brent had spoken to the AFT or other fan groups before submitting a totally unnecessary hybrid plan on the back of a fully funded project to refurb the grandstand?

He did at the Fans Forum...
Come and See

As for Tony Hopwood, it probably is the same person, as you well know, and by selling the Pavilions he did a good job because the Pavilions was costing Plymouth City Council £1.5m a year to operate and with a £30 million shortfall in its budget it was a good move for the people of Plymouth.
All operating costs transferred to Akkeron.

I didnt know that to be fair, suspected it may be. But why was my post asking this removed?

It's still there on page 2 and copied below ....

As a matter of interest, is the Tony Hopwood who used to work for PCC and endorsed the £1 sale of the Pavilions and a £1m "float" to Mr Brent the same Tony Hopwood who is now in charge of this proposed development for Akkeron?

Anyone know?

Feb 12, 2017
I don't know who you are Quizmike so will not provide you with separate information. I am not obliged to tell you how many requests we've had, but to put your mind at ease there have been 100% more messages telling us to do this than those that have not. That means...NONE. I will also say there were SOME members of the Never Again group, but those were in the minority and most of the emails I've received have been from names you probably wouldn't know and who I had to look up on the membership database - so you can rule out that conspiracy.

All our minutes are on the website bar the last five due to old technology on the current site. We're soon migrating to something new and these will be updated for your perusal but all is in order although I am more than aware of our procedures and constitution but thank you for your concern.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
SteelCannon":b5dbx5fg said:
I don't know who you are Quizmike so will not provide you with separate information. I am not obliged to tell you how many requests we've had.

Transparency??????????

There's no point in any 'supporter' of the refurb getting in touch with the AFT is it Tony? Everyone knows which way the AFT would swing.

Laughable, lamentable and completely predictable.

Everyone is able to have their say, on here, and many have, but why the cover up to a perfectly worded question.

Same old, same old.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
yC6Iwy1.png

Just for 'transparency' and as we are being swiped at, PASOTI and the AFT had an contra agreement, we'd allow free advertising on this site, and they would give us free advertising on their fanzine.

Last week I saw a copy for the first time in a year (I can't take much of Roger Willis's ramblings) and guess what, no PASOTI advert.

Oh well, it's us that gets up to tricks isn't it?

:sigh:

Needless to say the banner will now be removed. After all contra is contra.

Oct 24, 2010
SteelCannon":2h8c6tta said:
I don't know who you are Quizmike so will not provide you with separate information. I am not obliged to tell you how many requests we've had, but to put your mind at ease there have been 100% more messages telling us to do this than those that have not. That means...NONE. I will also say there were SOME members of the Never Again group, but those were in the minority and most of the emails I've received have been from names you probably wouldn't know and who I had to look up on the membership database - so you can rule out that conspiracy.

All our minutes are on the website bar the last five due to old technology on the current site. We're soon migrating to something new and these will be updated for your perusal but all is in order although I am more than aware of our procedures and constitution but thank you for your concern.
The issue of having a mandate is very important. Forgive me if I am mistaken but the tone of your posts seems to infer you are using the weight of the AFT to promote your own views. In fairness, Quizmike's request to know the level of support you have had for your actions is fair and reasonable and your reluctance to be forthcoming arouses suspicion. Would a Pasoti poll help give you guidance? If so I am sure the Mods would oblige.

B

BallboyEGS1958

SteelCannon":eqnm2u6m said:

If anyone one wants to know the business of the AFT and is a fully paid up member, all they have to do is go though the proper channels available on the AFT Web Site and address them via the AFT secretary for a response. "Not a media site to get a re-action" You need to ignore them.

Aug 5, 2005
SteelCannon":1jh4eots said:

Could you explain what you mean by "I don't know who you are so will not provide you with separate information"?

You mean, if you knew who I was, you'd happily give me the information I asked for?

I only asked how many emails and what percentage of the fan base it was. Should I get someone you know to ask the question instead?

The AFT has about 5000 members, yes? And they pay money to be part of the AFT? So, a mandate from your members, say half, would mean that you have had 2500 emails. Is this correct?

At no point have I said anything about a conspiracy. It's about the AFT yet again deciding it is acting on behalf of the fans when it is not.

In your own statement you wrote

I wanted to write to assure our members and indeed all Argyle Fans that the AFT are aware of fans’ concerns.

which gives the impression that you are working on behalf of all Argyle fans. Including the ones that haven't asked you. Which is nearly all of them.

Aug 5, 2005
BallboyEGS1958":1p3f9gsv said:
SteelCannon":1p3f9gsv said:

If anyone one wants to know the business of the AFT and is a fully paid up member, all they have to do is go though the proper channels available on the AFT Web Site and address them via the AFT secretary for a response. "Not a media site to get a re-action" You need to ignore them.

Is this an official AFT policy to ignore someone who is asking awkward questions?

The AFT issued the statement "to all fans"

B

BallboyEGS1958

Quizmike":bvqco41j said:
BallboyEGS1958":bvqco41j said:
SteelCannon":bvqco41j said:

Is this an official AFT policy to ignore someone who is asking awkward questions?

If it's AFT business go through the right channels it's a simple operation, it's called the "AFT Web Site where all AFT business should be conducted not a media web site"

Aug 5, 2005
BallboyEGS1958":1v7qwjet said:
Quizmike":1v7qwjet said:
BallboyEGS1958":1v7qwjet said:
SteelCannon":1v7qwjet said:

If it's AFT business go through the right channels it's a simple operation, it's called the "AFT Web Site where all AFT business should be conducted not a media web site"

Then why is the AFT publishing it's statements on what you call a "media web site"? You can't publish something and expect people not to question it.

By the way I am absolutely furious about this and won't be ignored

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
BallboyEGS1958":tk23vhda said:
Quizmike":tk23vhda said:
BallboyEGS1958":tk23vhda said:
SteelCannon":tk23vhda said:

That's just plain silly.
The AFT has used 'a media website' to link to its statement where it has already decided to challenge the development plans BEFORE a meeting with JB (without consulting its members) and then won't field questions from those fans and AFT members who disagree.

The questions from Quizmike are very reasonable.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":3c5rymgq said:
I'll repeat and repeat again (as it seems to be the norm these days). The people behind the AFT decide what the AFT does, not the majority of the members.

Look at the names of most of the objectors, they're all there, the usual names.

So what you are literally saying Ian, is that the AFT is run exactly the same as Pasoti.

Also, you talk about the 'same old names' who are critical. Has it never occurred to you exactly what a 'same old name' IJN is, in all of this? In terms of prolific posting numbers, you are probably light years in front of any other individual.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Mike, they're completely reasonable questions. As you say, the AFT chair has linked to the statement on Pasoti and therefore should be prepared to answer questions about it.

B

BallboyEGS1958

Quizmike":94tmx9pk said:
BallboyEGS1958":94tmx9pk said:
Quizmike":94tmx9pk said:
BallboyEGS1958":94tmx9pk said:
SteelCannon":94tmx9pk said:

Then why is the AFT publishing it's statements on what you call a "media web site"? You can't publish something and expect people not to question it.

They are not publishing statements, they are posting links to their site for people to read if they so desire.

Aug 5, 2005
BallboyEGS1958":312tz91r said:
Quizmike":312tz91r said:
Quizmike":312tz91r said:
SteelCannon":312tz91r said:

They are not publishing statements, they are posting links to their site for people to read if they so desire.

So I read it and I'm now asking questions about it.

On September 15th 2016 the AFT wrote

The AFT reaffirms that it exists to be a voice for all the fans of Plymouth Argyle and to ensure that future generations of Argyle fans will always have a club to support.

So are they now a voice for ALL fans but will only listen to them if they pay money and go through the correct channels?