Ainsworth | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ainsworth

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3qkm0ogm said:
:lol:

You make me laugh BG.

How dare anyone slag off another team eh?

Yet, you consistently slag off ours.

:crazy:

You won't find any evidence that I 'consistently slag off ours'. So usual nonsense you won't be able to back up.
Its not about slagging off another team its the fact that you have been banging on about the same issues for over a year!

Sep 6, 2006
Cult Of Personality":20wz5z0e said:
Whilst i not really enjoyed the football that Argyle have been playing this season its effective and hopefully we go up we can attract players that can play a better style of football. Remember Adams singed a player like Wylde who is a attacking winger. He worked out that his style of play wont work in this league but who says it wont work higher up

Don't think it was Wylde's style of play but the fact that as a winger he couldn't cross the ball! And didn't track back much.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":19evazod said:
You won't find any evidence that I 'consistently slag off ours'. So usual nonsense you won't be able to back up.

:funny: Stop it Balham please!

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":2k0nkg5b said:
IJN":2k0nkg5b said:
I do, as it's my opinion. You like the ball lumped up with snow on it, that's your prerogative.

I long for football played on the grass, wingers terrorising full backs etc.

It's all about opinions, Ainsworth and (spit) Westley are all that's wrong about this division.

There is no need for it, it's a chickens way out (again, in my opinion).

Naive.
You have to play to your strengths. If you dont have (cant afford) quality midfield players in your side like Carey you have to do something different. We are not the greatest footballing side ourselves anyway. We used to play lovely football under Fletcher at times. Where did that get us?

We didn't play good football under Fletcher. We played boring passing retention football with no penetration, and fans booing the likes of Conor Hourihane because we knew he could play, and he was turning around to play 5-10 yard balls to the defence. zzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz. And our top scorer was Paris Cowan Hall with about 5 goals.

You go on about Frank (Jimmy) Spencer and how awful he is, and talk about the good old halcyon days of Fletcher. :crazy: Deary me. Give me a long ball to Spencer/Taylor to bring down for Kennedy, Carey, Sarcevic and Jervis to run on to rather than Fletcher's keep the ball tactics. We imitated Barcelona, but forgot to recruit the likes of Messi, Henry and Villa to get on the end of chances. No, we had Chadwick, Feeney and Fireman Griffiths - Conference North/South level forwards. I don't look back fondly on those days at all, but each to their own I guess.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":5bcppedm said:
Balham_Green":5bcppedm said:
IJN":5bcppedm said:
I do, as it's my opinion. You like the ball lumped up with snow on it, that's your prerogative.

It's all about opinions, Ainsworth and (spit) Westley are all that's wrong about this division.

Naive.
You have to play to your strengths. If you dont have (cant afford) quality midfield players in your side like Carey you have to do something different. We are not the greatest footballing side ourselves anyway. We used to play lovely football under Fletcher at times. Where did that get us?

We didn't play good football under Fletcher. We played boring passing retention football with no penetration, and fans booing the likes of Conor Hourihane because we knew he could play, and he was turning around to play 5-10 yard balls to the defence. zzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz. And our top scorer was Paris Cowan Hall with about 5 goals.

You go on about Frank (Jimmy) Spencer and how awful he is, and talk about the good old halcyon days of Fletcher. :crazy: Deary me. Give me a long ball to Spencer/Taylor to bring down for Kennedy, Carey, Sarcevic and Jervis to run on to rather than Fletcher's keep the ball tactics. We imitated Barcelona, but forgot to recruit the likes of Messi, Henry and Villa to get on the end of chances. No, we had Chadwick, Feeney and Fireman Griffiths - Conference North/South level forwards. I don't look back fondly on those days at all, but each to their own I guess.

What a load of nonsense.

Mar 16, 2009
London
devonport singer":1r3guw5j said:
IJN":1r3guw5j said:
My point is Col, that's not correct. He's a decent side there but plays that way because it's in his DNA. All the anti football people are the same, use an excuse (budget) or deny totally they don't pay long ball etc, Big Sam, David Kemp, Pulis and Ainsworth just have it as their fall back.

Who said that is the wrong way to play football? These seems to be an ideology off playing passing football. This is not always effectictive. I'm sure if you ask any Arsenal fan they would trade passing football for winning any day of the week.

Re: Arsenal - you're completely wrong I'm afraid. Win with class or don't win at all. That's a much higher aspiration and one all team's should ascribe too. Football is an artform, not a war.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":3t5aaihm said:
IJN":3t5aaihm said:

Naive.

Comedy gold! :funny:

C

Cult Of Personality

Knibbsworth":17xwleym said:
Balham_Green":17xwleym said:
IJN":17xwleym said:

Naive.

I understand what Fletcher was trying to do . He was trying to implement a possession based style of game that he would of played at the higher levels. So times Argyle did look like a good team but as you put we did not have the players to do this and this is the reason Fletcher failed and was sacked. I think most fans would like to see there team playing football the way it should be played. As IGN said Wycombe can actually play a decent brand of football but instead choose to play the long ball time wasting ways they do.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I have always thought that BG was just a miserable, curmudgeonly old git who liked to slag off his team and other posters on here, but after reading this thread I realise what a terrific sense of humour he has, rock on BG.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":4buwvwmg said:
Balham_Green":4buwvwmg said:
IJN":4buwvwmg said:

Naive.

Guess you have a poor memory. Remember the 4.1 away win at Barnet? Who have we beaten by that score this season home or away.

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":3mhhx8of said:
PL2 3DQ":3mhhx8of said:
Balham_Green":3mhhx8of said:
IJN":3mhhx8of said:

Naive.

Guess you have a poor memory. Remember the 4.1 away win at Barnet? Who have we beaten by that score this season home or away.
If Fletcher had the squad we have today instead of a bunch of kids and cast offs things would have been very different.