Ainsworth | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ainsworth

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
jerryatricjanner":h93catlw said:
Not buttering us up no, just giving an honest opinion as a match day analyst with a knowledge of the division. He has been very fair and complimentary to us and our strengths. He is not in a match day environment where he will do or say anything to get a result the same as Derek Adams, Steve Evans(spit) or Darren Ferguson would. If Adams was to leave us I can think of a lot worse than Ainsworth to come in and do a decent job with the improved budget he would have at Home Park compared to Wycombe. I know that would not sit well with some without taking the emotion out of being an Argyle fan first and foremost but he would do me. The only big no from me would be Evans because he is such an odious individual.
Agree 100%. Precisely how I saw and see it.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i.too.like ainsworth.he is sporting and honest in his appraisal of the match yesterday.when charlie rose did matchday moments versus wycombe there is footage of ainsworth talking affably to our autograph hunters.respect where respect is due.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Whatever you think about him as an opposing manager I think it was refreshing to have a pundit talking about an Argyle game who clearly hadn't just Googled our form before the show.

Ainsworth came across as knowledgable about both clubs, like Adams he clearly does his homework on his opponents so for a show like this he was able to give a good view of what to expect of us both which is sadly very rare. Even when they roll out our own ex-players or managers you do get the impression they haven't been keeping up with all things Argyle. As it turned out he had it spot on, before the game he suggested Carey was the one to watch particularly from set-pieces, the rest of course is history.

As for his compliments of us, I'm sure when everything is said and done he will see Argyle and Adams as worthy adversaries, he's been in a tug of war with us for a few years now and never have we failed to give him something to think about. He quite rightly admitted that we were a good team because we are, we're 2nd in the league afterall. As much as we dislike his tactics I think deep down most Argyle fans will admit he is a good manager much like he begrudgingly admits we're a good team, like most footballing villains he is disliked by opponents because he gets results against them.

I'm sure it isn't the last time we will face him, someone will inevitably pick him up from Wycombe having seen what he's done consistently with their small budget. We can only hope we get at least one season free of his dark arts.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":3ogahg0n said:
..... there is footage of ainsworth talking affably to our autograph hunters.....

He could probably see that they were short of time trying to get round other players and was delaying them. Did he fall to the floor as they left, writhing in agony and holding his hand.

C

Cult Of Personality

davie nine":m535ohe9 said:
Cult Of Personality":m535ohe9 said:
Anyone else feel that ainsworth has been buttering us up the last few weeks. Maybe he would like the job if Adams were to go

Your quote 1st March

Would be happy if Motherwell took Adams

So, I assume that you still want Adams to go to Motherwell?

Adams has done a good job at Argyle but we have not played the most exciting football . I hope that if we go up to league 1 that Adams can play at more crowd pleasing style of play. If Adams were to go i would not cry or moan simple next man up

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Jim Bentley would have also made an excellent pundit for the match. His knowledge of Argyle shown in post-match Morecambe interview was superb, fair and complimentary.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cult Of Personality":3k1912al said:
davie nine":3k1912al said:
Cult Of Personality":3k1912al said:
Anyone else feel that ainsworth has been buttering us up the last few weeks. Maybe he would like the job if Adams were to go

Your quote 1st March

Adams has done a good job at Argyle but we have not played the most exciting football . I hope that if we go up to league 1 that Adams can play at more crowd pleasing style of play. If Adams were to go i would not cry or moan simple next man up
You must be disappointed that he is on 4 year contract.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
davie nine":1r1k3wqz said:
Cult Of Personality":1r1k3wqz said:
davie nine":1r1k3wqz said:
Cult Of Personality":1r1k3wqz said:

Your quote 1st March

Not sure contracts mean anything in football these days. Does anyone still honour them?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
4evergreen":10gfvz7p said:
davie nine":10gfvz7p said:
Cult Of Personality":10gfvz7p said:
davie nine":10gfvz7p said:
Cult Of Personality":10gfvz7p said:

Your quote 1st March

Not sure contracts mean anything in football these days. Does anyone still honour them?
Mean very little else apart from compensation

C

Cult Of Personality

davie nine":9knbejyd said:
Cult Of Personality":9knbejyd said:
davie nine":9knbejyd said:
Cult Of Personality":9knbejyd said:

Your quote 1st March

Could go very much the way luggy did in his 1st tenure. Big club comes in. Adams leaves because be going to earn more money. Contracts mean dick in football

Aug 5, 2016
Cult Of Personality":bgebii9f said:
davie nine":bgebii9f said:
davie nine":bgebii9f said:

Your quote 1st March

Could go very much the way luggy did in his 1st tenure. Big club comes in. Adams leaves because be going to earn more money. Contracts mean dick in football

Actually they mean quite a lot. Any clubs who want Derek Adams will have to buy him out of three years of his contract. Argyle will be owed a substantial fee. Therefore other managers who do not come with the baggage of a three year contract are a bit more appealing.

Sturrock left us for Southampton but we had our compensation for that.

Equally if Argyle ever want to sack Derek Adams, we would realise the three year contract part is quite important too when negotiating a settlement.