Ainsworth | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ainsworth

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Didn't see it, I boycotted the Tinpot Trophy.

However, my knowledge is obviously vastly superior to yours.

Apology accepted.

Next?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It'll be a misprint, let him go.

Anyway going back to that 4-1 at Barnet, my lasting impression from that game was Rhys Griffiths and Guy Madjo fighting over who would take the penalty.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Cult Of Personality":3w3u1k5m said:
Whilst i not really enjoyed the football that Argyle have been playing this season its effective and hopefully we go up we can attract players that can play a better style of football. Remember Adams singed a player like Wylde who is a attacking winger. He worked out that his style of play wont work in this league but who says it wont work higher up

Wylde won't play higher up because he rarely puts a decent ball into the fricking box!!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Think GA will be a good pundit. I think our animosity towards WW needs to end! I cant remember much antipathy prior to the Sheridan era?! I thought the boxing day match at HP was very entertaining!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
999mattyg":1pizr8u8 said:
Cult Of Personality":1pizr8u8 said:
Whilst i not really enjoyed the football that Argyle have been playing this season its effective and hopefully we go up we can attract players that can play a better style of football. Remember Adams singed a player like Wylde who is a attacking winger. He worked out that his style of play wont work in this league but who says it wont work higher up

Wylde won't play higher up because he rarely puts a decent ball into the fricking box!!

He did not set the world alight in a higher League as Millwall soon shipped him out on loan. At least Djimi Abdou was a regular for several seasons at Millwall. Who would have thought that outcome, in comparing their relative Argyle careers.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Quintrell_Green":kz0fwd2c said:
999mattyg":kz0fwd2c said:
Cult Of Personality":kz0fwd2c said:

He did not set the world alight in a higher League as Millwall soon shipped him out on loan. At least Djimi Abdou was a regular for several seasons at Millwall. Who would have thought that outcome, in comparing their relative Argyle careers.

Different players but I liked Abdou. Great work ethic, box to box. I don't dislike Wylde but his final delivery limits his career ceiling IMO.

Sep 23, 2005
999mattyg":225q45lk said:
Think GA will be a good pundit. I think our animosity towards WW needs to end! I cant remember much antipathy prior to the Sheridan era?! I thought the boxing day match at HP was very entertaining!
Quite happy to choose where I direct my own animosity thanks very much. Huh

Feb 2, 2007
999mattyg":1ncyxbg1 said:
Quintrell_Green":1ncyxbg1 said:
999mattyg":1ncyxbg1 said:
Cult Of Personality":1ncyxbg1 said:

Different players but I liked Abdou. Great work ethic, box to box. I don't dislike Wylde but his final delivery limits his career ceiling IMO.

Abdou was really effective in my opinion and would have got better with longer at Championship level. Like a more speedy, better passing Songo'o he was a great team player and I felt we really missed him when he left.

Jul 13, 2006
Cult Of Personality":jkpuj4f1 said:

Millwall.

C

Cult Of Personality

Anyone else feel that ainsworth has been buttering us up the last few weeks. Maybe he would like the job if Adams were to go

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not buttering us up no, just giving an honest opinion as a match day analyst with a knowledge of the division. He has been very fair and complimentary to us and our strengths. He is not in a match day environment where he will do or say anything to get a result the same as Derek Adams, Steve Evans(spit) or Darren Ferguson would. If Adams was to leave us I can think of a lot worse than Ainsworth to come in and do a decent job with the improved budget he would have at Home Park compared to Wycombe. I know that would not sit well with some without taking the emotion out of being an Argyle fan first and foremost but he would do me. The only big no from me would be Evans because he is such an odious individual.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cult Of Personality":3tzbcxhs said:
Anyone else feel that ainsworth has been buttering us up the last few weeks. Maybe he would like the job if Adams were to go

Your quote 1st March

Would be happy if Motherwell took Adams

So, I assume that you still want Adams to go to Motherwell?