Alessandra to Oxford | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alessandra to Oxford

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I didn't mind Alessandra until the first half of the second leg against Wycombe, I saw a player who didn't put in the challenges, didn't put in the effort and "appeared" to not look too bothered, almost like he didn't want to get injured. His head was elsewhere.
He wasn't alone but in my opinion he was the worst during that 45 minutes. After that 45 minutes I'm not bothered if he goes because we can do better.

His strike rate this season is a goal every four games and let's not forget he's been played through the centre and not on the wing for 99% of the games this season.
He's scored just two goals since February, just when we really needed to kick on, a half fit Reid and the defensive-minded O'Connor scored more goals than Alessandra during that time.
It seems Alessandra has to miss four to score one.

If he stays, meh, if he goes, meh.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
He'll get signed by a League 1 team - a move closer to home, a pay rise and a higher standard of football, who can blame him for wanting to move?

Apr 4, 2004
Lewis was wasted in our team. He needs lively mobile players around him. He was excellent when Talbot was with us same goes for Lavery. He also looked twice the player when Reuben was fit. But when our play is slow, unimaginative and predictable it's much easier for defenders to do their thing. We were crying out for one or two more players that are willing to run with out the ball and move defenders around. In a team like that he will be excellent.

Feb 21, 2011
PilgrimLew":1atd0vst said:
To be honest I wouldn't be sad to see any players go with the exception of Mccormick, Nelson and Reid. Nothing special.
Add McHugh and I'm right with you.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
up_the_line":3li8i8hb said:
Give him the ball 5 yards out with no keeper to beat and he's an absolute nailed on goal (usually)

Yeah his first ever goal for Argyle was exactly like that to be fair.

Feb 8, 2005
Apparently he has only been offered a one year deal by us, so he is keeping his options open.

Don't expect him to return.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
jimsing":1199k94m said:
Apparently he has only been offered a one year deal by us, so he is keeping his options open.

If that is the case that's bad management by the club. He's been a standout performer in the past two seasons, we should be tying him down. If he doesn't perform, you can loan him out, or let him move for peanuts. There's no risk in offering him a two year deal & it seems ridiculous that not offering that could be the reason for his departure.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Nobby":2tfnu5xo said:
jimsing":2tfnu5xo said:

If that is the case that's bad management by the club. He's been a standout performer in the past two seasons, we should be tying him down. If he doesn't perform, you can loan him out, or let him move for peanuts. There's no risk in offering him a two year deal & it seems ridiculous that not offering that could be the reason for his departure.
Unless it's the other way around and he doesn't want to sign a two year deal with us, because he wants to play at a higher level and that could affect his chances of doing that, so we've offered him a one year deal in the hope he can put off going elsewhere for 12 months and possibly sign on longer of we're promoted.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Argy1e":ntjd1pci said:
Nobby":ntjd1pci said:
jimsing":ntjd1pci said:

Unless it's the other way around and he doesn't want to sign a two year deal with us, because he wants to play at a higher level and that could affect his chances of doing that, so we've offered him a one year deal in the hope he can put off going elsewhere for 12 months and possibly sign on longer of we're promoted.

Apologies, from the wording of the initial quote I assumed that it was our choice to offer that. Hence my comments.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'm just guessing myself, don't know for certain either way. Don't even know if he has been offered a 1 year deal or whether it's just speculation.