Alessandra to Oxford | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alessandra to Oxford

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Couldn't agree more Mike.

The downside of his game is his finishing, but he gives us alot with the rest of his game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
MikeN":1ag7rr67 said:
Us Argyle fans usually like players that run around a lot, but are basically rubbish. I'm therefore at a bit of a loss as to why so many dislike Alessandra, who runs around a lot, and is actually pretty good. I can only assume it's the tattoos.

That or, as I've suspected for a while now, lots of people watch the game with their eyes closed and just confirm their own bias on here afterwards.

He's lively, works hard, decent touch, a trick or two and great movement. If he could finish, he wouldn't be playing for us. Very decent L1/2 forward though, and if he goes, he'll be missed.

I'm not so sure, there was a section of fans that thought Mackie was useless and Yannick Bolassie one of which was well critiqued in the premier league until injured and another that is being rumoured as a target for Liverpool. There's probably more but I can't think of any. For all that, Lewis seems at times to be better than both but other times not so much.

Jul 7, 2006
jbeale1986":4odiv37w said:
I Wouldn't be happy to see Lewi leave. All players go through runs of form and he on his day is a top player in this league.

Absolutely totally agree.
If people on here can't recognise how much of a catalyst he is for the team then they appreciate nothing.
No apologies.

Jun 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feS8lJ55-uc

Credit to the creator of this video, superb.

This video highlights how dangerous of a player Lewi has been for us, in all aspects of his play. It also highlights his contribution for the amount of goals Reid has scored for us, and what an asset a fit Reid can truly be.

Would be a big hold to fill, and I think a lot of people might not realise how big that hole might be...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
That is very impressive and, having watched it, he is better than I realised.

It certainly makes some of the negative comments about him on here look rather pathetic.

I think we ought to lock this in a safe and throw away the key until he, hopefully, signs a new contract although I am afraid that is unlikely.

Well i'll be gutted. Tricky skilful player who never stops trying, IMO one of our best players. Knows how to win a penalty too.

If this happens it shows how difficult a task it is going to be to get out of this division. For all of JB bravado about wanting to finish in the top 3 if we can't hold on to our better players and don't bring in players with a bit of quality 7th is about as much as we can hope for. There always seems to be a couple of teams who are prepared to spend to get up, Crawley, Fleetwood, Bury, none of them bigger than us. Then there are teams who seem to be able to recruit better than us, Burton, Southend, Wycombe who only just survived the season before and spanked us 3 times this season.
This is one of those bleak moments, I hope JB & JS put a lot of work in over the summer to cheer us up.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MannameadGreen":13pzbwpe said:
I could make Ladjie Soukouna look like Beckenbauer in a highlights video.

In fact, why should I have to when someone else already has? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDgCkrCdwxY

Out of interest I've watched it.

Are you really suggesting that is as impressive as the 'Lewi' one.

I suppose that you had to respond having given your opinion that he is not a 'Top League 2 player'.

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
Reid and Allesandra are a great partnership, for this level, their respective strengths and weaknesses compliment each other well. Just a pity they were both out of form or injured come the final throes of the season

C

Cobi Budge.

People need to be careful what they wish for.

He's the sort of player we'll lose now but 2 months into the new season we'll be saying how much we miss him. He needs to improve in quite a few ways but players with movement as good as his are scarce at this level.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Funnily enough it is/was his lack of movement that frustrated me most. Good on the ball but off it, little anticipation and I lost count the number of times in a game that Kellet or THD looked up to pass and there was Alessandra stood next to a defender with no obvious sign of movement in any direction. We often moan about defenders lumping it but when your forwards are static what other option do they have? He always looked better playing off the shoulder of a lump. As I said previously as to whether we will miss him depends very much who he is replaced with. His kind aren't 10 a penny but they are reasonably easy to replace in my view. Could be the best news that Tyler Harvey receives.

davie nine":1lcmhmmn said:
MannameadGreen":1lcmhmmn said:

In fact, why should I have to when someone else already has? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDgCkrCdwxY

Out of interest I've watched it.

Are you really suggesting that is as impressive as the 'Lewi' one.

I suppose that you had to respond having given your opinion that he is not a 'Top League 2 player'.
I'm being facetious - but my point still stands. Anyone can look 'good' on a highlights video.

There's no statistical measure that makes Lewis Alessandra stand out as a top League 2 player. He doesn't pass the eye test either.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
MannameadGreen":2frmt7cy said:

Seems like a good player, replacement for Nelse perhaps?

:think:

...Oh

I think the real miracle here is the fact that someone has actually managed to find around 5 minutes worth of best bits for poor old Ladje :greensmile:

Mar 18, 2014
25 goals in 100 games, not exactly shoddy because he is not an out and out centre forward. But if he wants to go, then goodbye and good luck.