Alessandra to Oxford | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alessandra to Oxford

Jun 11, 2013
Will be a little disappointed wit this if he does go, but can understand reasons. Reid might actually have to run for a full season...

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2fmks33j said:
Massive loss. I'm really not sure why Argyle players don't rate him. Anyone care to name who else night score us goals? Bobby Reid got one every ten games!

Lewi should score more but I'm happy with a return of 13. He is one of our better players.
Really??

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Scored a few goals but he reminds me of Ken Malloy ( if you remember him ) could beat someone then try to beat them again!!!!!! But far from the worst player at HP. Could go to Bristol rovers it's closer to the north than plymuff.

Mar 18, 2006
Half decent player, skilful and if he finishing was better would certainly play at a higher level than League 2 . Personally I would rather have Macdonald .

Can see O'Connor and Reid leaving shortly and whole team will need rebuilding .

My hope is that is gets rebuilt by a New Full time Manager who opts to live here and one who plays a more attacking style than JS.

I thank JS for keeping us up , but his lets not lose a game , rather than a let's try to win a game approach is both negative and boring to watch. Ultimately , it was those tactics that cost us against Wycombe . How can a team possibly go more than 2 years without coming from behind to win a game ? Further more, how many draws have we taken from losing positions during his tenure ? Not many I would suggest. No plan b, not good enough .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Like any other player if he doesn't want to play in an Argyle shirt, then cheerio.

Liked Lewi, but if he's an ex Pilgrim, he'll be an opponent.

G

Green_White_Landrake

Heard a rumour he has signed the contract and wants his family down here.

G

Greenskin

Johndelve":5yfl1doj said:
Half decent player, skilful and if he finishing was better would certainly play at a higher level than League 2 . Personally I would rather have Macdonald .

Can see O'Connor and Reid leaving shortly and whole team will need rebuilding .

My hope is that is gets rebuilt by a New Full time Manager who opts to live here and one who plays a more attacking style than JS.

I thank JS for keeping us up , but his lets not lose a game , rather than a let's try to win a game approach is both negative and boring to watch. Ultimately , it was those tactics that cost us against Wycombe . How can a team possibly go more than 2 years without coming from behind to win a game ? Further more, how many draws have we taken from losing positions during his tenure ? Not many I would suggest. No plan b, not good enough .
Looked more like a sudden and inexplicable [given that Argyle had the second best defensive record in the division] inability to defend set pieces from this angle, a sort of collective paralysis which ran through the defence, including the much vaunted best keeper in the division. If Argyle had defended anything like they had throughout the season the tie may well have been won but they didn't and that's that. Three goals over two legs should be enough to at least leave you with a sniff of a chance, 2-0,1-1 is not an uncommon occurrence in European football.I would beg to differ about the not coming from behind to draw theory-there have been plenty of times in the last couple of years where Argyle have either drawn games or equalised only to relinquish the lead again-the problem is one of all round fire power IMHO-if you don't have players from all areas of the pitch who can score sufficient goals then it's fairly obvious that difficulties are going to be faced. It would be very interesting to see the comparative stats of Sheridan's management tenures at Oldham and Chesterfield.

Anyway, it would be sad to see Lewi go, his contribution has been very good in the last two years. Slightly annoying player at times, always seems he's capable of really ripping teams apart- his touch and decision making sometimes let him down but overall if there was anything in this, Oxford's gain would be Argyle's loss. As a player he reminds me a bit of Gordon Staniforth in many ways, probably a slightly more prolific scorer.

G

Green_White_Landrake

Why does everyone 1 minute love him the next hate him???? Make a decision guys???

Feb 21, 2011
Lewi is just alright if we had got promoted he would have needed replacing as would most of the full time squad, with the exception of Reid, McHugh, Hartley, McCormick, Nelson, O'Connor and Mellor on a good day the rest would be at the limit of there abilities in my view.

Nov 4, 2012
Pilgrim61":2v1dfqqv said:
He is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen in an Argyle shirt.

If he is a crap finisher, which although it could be better I do think is harsh, then to get 13 goals shows just how many chances he is able to create for himself. He will be a loss.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pilgrim61":3mipu4i2 said:
He is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen in an Argyle shirt.

What a ridiculous comment.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Good player for a mid table table league two team or bench/ rotational player for a top league 2 team. Wouldn't cut it in league 1 only if supported by other team mates.