Alex Bray from Swansea signs | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Bray from Swansea signs

May 22, 2006
Paul_Roberts":1hsefec6 said:
GreenSam":1hsefec6 said:
Gary_Wills":1hsefec6 said:
Not the first time of loaning a play from up the leagues who's never played a competitive pro game.
I don't remember one working out, great gamble that it is.
But one day...
Scott Sinclair, without even thinking about it.

Lee Martin wasn't too shabby either.

Sinclair had already appeared for Bristol Rovers and Chelsea by the time he signed on loan for us - though I take your point that he wasn't exactly experienced.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and while we're in League Two we'll be seeing our fair share of other clubs' kids I'm afraid.

Like Sinclair, Bray was born in Bath. Must be something in the water there to produce wingers.

Mar 14, 2009
It does mean Alessendra can play behind or with Reid.

Personally, the two formations I like so far was the 4-1-2-3 (saw against 2nd half Leyton Orient) and 4-2-1-3 (saw 2nd half against Southend).

The two advantages are it gives us natural width but more importantly gets the support up to Reid and stops him being so isolated.

This hopefully gives us even more pace but also someone who can cross a decent ball from out wide.

Still would like a CM though of an attacking nature.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
pastiesforlife":gxwk4hs5 said:
Paul_Roberts":gxwk4hs5 said:
GreenSam":gxwk4hs5 said:
Gary_Wills":gxwk4hs5 said:
Not the first time of loaning a play from up the leagues who's never played a competitive pro game.
But one day...

Sinclair had already appeared for Bristol Rovers and Chelsea by the time he signed on loan for us - though I take your point that he wasn't exactly experienced.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and while we're in League Two we'll be seeing our fair share of other clubs' kids I'm afraid.

Like Sinclair, Bray was born in Bath. Must be something in the water there to produce wingers.
Romans :lol:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Well, very happy to see an out and out winger join us, if he is anything like the 2 keeping him out of the first team in Swansea we should have some exciting times ahead.

Of course, always a gamble, but had a good football education so fingers crossed.

Will also mean Lewi can revert to being a striker again and re establishing his fruitful partnership with Rueben.

Good business for both clubs.

P

Paul_Roberts

Was trying to think of the last time we signed a player from Swansea but couldn't recall a single one. Must be because it's Monday and I'm still in a state from Saturday.

May 22, 2006
Paul_Roberts":2x8q88s7 said:
Was trying to think of the last time we signed a player from Swansea but couldn't recall a single one. Must be because it's Monday and I'm still in a state from Saturday.

Ampadu?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pastiesforlife":2woq71wi said:
Paul_Roberts":2woq71wi said:
GreenSam":2woq71wi said:
Gary_Wills":2woq71wi said:
But one day...

But 'Welsh'?? :think: