Andy Kellett joins on loan from Bolton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andy Kellett joins on loan from Bolton

Aug 15, 2008
I doubt Kellet will start as he has not trained and is on his way to Argyle as we speak. Bench tomorrow I expect.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":lf2eroji said:
If Lennon has come in and decided he will bring in a left sided player himself then it would not be so strange for him to tell the club to get the youngster Kellet out on loan for some match experience.
Some of the oldies will remember seeing his granddad Les Kellet as a regular competitor on ITV's World of Sport Saturday afternoon wrestling programme in the 60s and 70s.

Grandfather? Great grandfather or even great great grandad more like. Les would be nearly 100 if he was still with us today. :)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
He was wrestling in his late 50s, even into his 60s possibly I think Lundan but yes it could be great grandfather.

Jul 29, 2010
Judgement reserved until we see how he does but nonetheless, welcome aboard son.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're mellowing Richard!

Aye agreed, welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower. We all hope you have your sea legs, you'll probably need them, the journey is never smooth when you play in green.

L

lambanog

At last, JS has realised the weak spot that members have been pointing out for months.

This in itself is worrying. The fan base can read the games and team positioning quicker than JS can! Wish the lad well.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
lambanog":2q2yl863 said:
At last, JS has realised the weak spot that members have been pointing out for months.

This in itself is worrying. The fan base can read the games and team positioning quicker than JS can! Wish the lad well.

Could it not be that JS identified the weakness a while ago, and he and Martyn Starnes have been working hard to find the right player on the best terms for Argyle and have now done so?

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Quintrell_Green":k62swq1q said:
I cannot find his height, nor his weight quoted anywhere.I have a thing against lightweight, short defenders. I hope he is at least 6ft tall.

5'8". Described on the Bolton Wanderers web site as "diminutive with a real sense of adventure"

Jun 8, 2014
Quintrell_Green":1l1tclzz said:
I cannot find his height, nor his weight quoted anywhere.I have a thing against lightweight, short defenders. I hope he is at least 6ft tall.

I understand the lightweight comment, but short? You just don't like short defenders?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Green as Grass":33ytno74 said:
Quintrell_Green":33ytno74 said:

5'8". Described on the Bolton Wanderers web site as "diminutive with a real sense of adventure"

I chuckled at this quote too.

I bet he has a 'low centre of gravity' too. ;) :)

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Paven":37qk42gt said:
Quintrell_Green":37qk42gt said:

I understand the lightweight comment, but short? You just don't like short defenders?

Short backs, we always get short backs...

Aug 2, 2011
lambanog":35yk9f6i said:

:sigh: JS is a former professional footballer and a proven succesful manager with many years experience at this and a level above. I despair when I read comments like this. I may be wrong but I doubt the individual/s concerned have ever kicked a football in a professional game let along managed a football league team. But they seem to think they are the next best thing to Ferguson.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Yeah I agree PRESTO I mean JS has really sorted out that left back spot having tried Blackman, Rekord, Purrington and others there last season and then McHugh there for weeks on end this season....yeah right
Just because the guy is a football manager it doesn't mean he doesn't get things wrong like he has at left back since he's been here