Andy Kellett joins on loan from Bolton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andy Kellett joins on loan from Bolton

Apr 30, 2011
up_the_line":2g4sejcg said:
Yeah I agree PRESTO I mean JS has really sorted out that left back spot having tried Blackman, Rekord, Purrington and others there last season and then McHugh there for weeks on end this season....yeah right
Just because the guy is a football manager it doesn't mean he doesn't get things wrong like he has at left back since he's been here

Surely having been through so many left backs shows that JS knows it's a weakness and taking a little while to bring another one in shows that he wants to make sure its the right signing rather than another Reckord or Blackman?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Paven":1eywq97l said:
Quintrell_Green":1eywq97l said:
I cannot find his height, nor his weight quoted anywhere.I have a thing against lightweight, short defenders. I hope he is at least 6ft tall.

I understand the lightweight comment, but short? You just don't like short defenders?

No. They are at a disadvantage in defending corners against tall attackers in the penalty area and need to resort to nudges and blocks to be effective.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":uu8egeug said:
Paven":uu8egeug said:
Quintrell_Green":uu8egeug said:
I cannot find his height, nor his weight quoted anywhere.I have a thing against lightweight, short defenders. I hope he is at least 6ft tall.

I understand the lightweight comment, but short? You just don't like short defenders?

No. They are at a disadvantage in defending corners against tall attackers in the penalty area and need to resort to nudges and blocks to be effective.

so all tall people can jump higher than all short people?

Timing, anticipation and reading the game are all irrelevant as long as you are 6'0" plus you can't be beaten to the ball by a tiny 5'8" defender?

you aren't Tony Pulis are you? :think:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
pastiesforlife":365hj7in said:
Wonder what Joe Mason told him about Plymouth, or if Joe can tell us anything about him.

That'd be
Cider
Birds
Ivors much better than Rons ....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":2i17xpcm said:
Quintrell_Green":2i17xpcm said:
Paven":2i17xpcm said:
Quintrell_Green":2i17xpcm said:

so all tall people can jump higher than all short people?

Timing, anticipation and reading the game are all irrelevant as long as you are 6'0" plus you can't be beaten to the ball by a tiny 5'8" defender?

you aren't Tony Pulis are you? :think:

In disguise!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":1ty7v4rj said:
Paven":1ty7v4rj said:
Quintrell_Green":1ty7v4rj said:

Centre backs I can see your point but this guy is a full-back. In fact, he won't even be that for us he'll be a wing-back. As much about attacking as it is defending.

Jul 6, 2011
GreenSam":2mhlylp6 said:
Quintrell_Green":2mhlylp6 said:
Paven":2mhlylp6 said:
Quintrell_Green":2mhlylp6 said:

Centre backs I can see your point but this guy is a full-back. In fact, he won't even be that for us he'll be a wing-back. As much about attacking as it is defending.

Always remember Cowan-Hall outjumping many a 6ft plus centre back and he wasn't exactly the jolly green giant...

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
In actual fact Durrell Berry was targeted several times as he lacked height. So although it may not always be a disadvantage it depends on the circumstances on the day.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
12 years ago tomorrow (19th) a young 21 year old winger from Bolton started his career with Argyle.

Arguably, he went on to become an absolute bloody legend!

Let's hope Andy Kellett is on a par with a certain David Norris.

Welcome Andy.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
GreenSam":1itn00eg said:
Quintrell_Green":1itn00eg said:
Paven":1itn00eg said:
Quintrell_Green":1itn00eg said:

This, it matters very little about those few inches when glued to the touch line. How often do we see someone in a full back position using their head to stop crosses...as I've always been told...size isn't everything.

However for defending set pieces I feel increased comfort in a team of giants, but as someone else referenced, PCH had a great leap (nothing else tho)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Franco Baresi. 5ft9. Couldn't defend for toffee. If only he'd been 6ft he could have been as good as Bondz Ngala

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Ashley Cole...5ft9...let it be said that his height was the only thing that held him back.

Sorry. Just find the typical English presumption that in football brawn is everything to be frankly quite backward