another relegation battle? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

another relegation battle?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
up_the_line":2tybwkdt said:
I must admit I'm struggling to see where we'll get another 10 or 12 points from
We'll be fine. It's easy to get a run of form together. As crappy as the last few games have been (and I'm no green tint, you should see my livid post on the brief synopsis thread) we should keep at least a modicum of perspective. We've had a depleted squad and a tough run of games. This time next week we could have O'Connor back, Reid back, Kellett back, Hartley fit and three games coming up against very weak sides indeed. Form peaks and troughs in this league. We're underacheiving and today made my blood boil but you're never as good as you think you are when you win and you're never as bad as you think you are when you lose.

When we get a run of games against the crap teams in this league, we can still easily notch a few wins together. We even now don't concede very many goals in spite of Reid and Alessandra deciding to have an alarming dip in form up front.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Steve Evans":csu62b79 said:
crownhillpilgrim":csu62b79 said:
Do not feed the troll.
let's see where we are in three matches time shall we?hopefully sheridan and his army of coaches will be gone soon.were you at the match?have you read the brief synopsis posts?sheridan is virtually friendless this evening and even the green tints are keeping schtumm.

I don't understand your obsession with our coaching staff. Wotton deals with the defensive side, McCarthy the attacking and Harbin the fitness and man management. Wilmot helps with the goalkeepers on a part time basis. How the hell that makes us overstaffed I have no idea. Before Christmas we were being hailed as having the best strikeforce in the League and the best defence (and I bet we're still up there for clean sheets record). That cannot be down to poor quality of coaching.

J

Jambo

GreenSam":yyxfkz8v said:
With someone like Warnock at the helm I think this side could still make a charge for the automatic promotion spots. BUT I still genuinely think we'll just sneak, kicking and screaming into the top seven even if we keep Sheridan as manager. Here's why:

Although there has been poo management and underperforming from the players in recent games, there has also undeniably been some bad luck too. The bad luck does not excuse an awful record of 2 points from 5 games and nor does it excuse the fact that we are 9th in the table. But the facts remain that when we had a run of no bad luck, we were absolutely coasting through games with no problem at all. October was the month where it all came together and we were unstoppable at home. It's true that it's our own fault that we cannot adapt to bad luck but that doesn't change the fact that some bad luck has happened.

- Oxford would have petered out into a standard, regulation home win if not for Bentley going off
- Newport. A crap pitch against a side on incredible form where we still had a lot of chances.
-Today. The curse of 1,000 injuries and ineligible players.

Southend was a legitimately good point and York was the one game which was completely rubbish with no mitigating factors.

Hartley will be back soon. So will either Bobby Reid and O'Connor or replacements for them. Kellett who is a better attacker than Purrington will probably be back soon along with all the other players who were injured today. Our next three games are against Morecambe, Hartlepool and Accrington. We all know how easy it is to climb this league if you get a run of form together. Players are coming back to fitness and we're playing crap teams. Southend and Luton we had a lot of players injured against good teams. If we still flunk it even in much more favourable circumstances, then I too will jump on the mid-table bus. As it stands, I still think we'll have something to play for going in to May in spite of my disappointment towards Sheridan.

I agree with a lot of this. There is plenty of time yet to turn around our fortunes. At some point we will put another good run of results together. Important few weeks coming up against the lesser sides and the time remaining in this transfer window to allow sheridan to get he players that he wants

Ps. And yes I reckon we will sneak a play off spot too for the reasons you give

Apr 22, 2013
Jambo":lkraxask said:
GreenSam":lkraxask said:
With someone like Warnock at the helm I think this side could still make a charge for the automatic promotion spots. BUT I still genuinely think we'll just sneak, kicking and screaming into the top seven even if we keep Sheridan as manager. Here's why:

Although there has been poo management and underperforming from the players in recent games, there has also undeniably been some bad luck too. The bad luck does not excuse an awful record of 2 points from 5 games and nor does it excuse the fact that we are 9th in the table. But the facts remain that when we had a run of no bad luck, we were absolutely coasting through games with no problem at all. October was the month where it all came together and we were unstoppable at home. It's true that it's our own fault that we cannot adapt to bad luck but that doesn't change the fact that some bad luck has happened.

- Oxford would have petered out into a standard, regulation home win if not for Bentley going off
- Newport. A crap pitch against a side on incredible form where we still had a lot of chances.

Southend was a legitimately good point and York was the one game which was completely rubbish with no mitigating factors.

Hartley will be back soon. So will either Bobby Reid and O'Connor or replacements for them. Kellett who is a better attacker than Purrington will probably be back soon along with all the other players who were injured today. Our next three games are against Morecambe, Hartlepool and Accrington. We all know how easy it is to climb this league if you get a run of form together. Players are coming back to fitness and we're playing crap teams. Southend and Luton we had a lot of players injured against good teams. If we still flunk it even in much more favourable circumstances, then I too will jump on the mid-table bus. As it stands, I still think we'll have something to play for going in to May in spite of my disappointment towards Sheridan.

I agree with a lot of this. There is plenty of time yet to turn around our fortunes. At some point we will put another good run of results together. Important few weeks coming up against the lesser sides and the time remaining in this transfer window to allow sheridan to get he players that he wants

Ps. And yes I reckon we will sneak a play off spot too for the reasons you give
I am with you Sam :thumbup:

G

greenarmyman116

Lost our way today but no need to panic just yet, maybe in another 3 games if we don't turn it around. There were obvious mistakes coming from a side that had 2 new players in critical positions and a plague of injuries. I thought we had enough chances in the last 10 minutes to grab a point whether it was deserved or not. Don't think we'll get all 3 loanees back so Sheridan will have to push on to get more cover. Can't see Sheridan getting the push until the end of the season and only then if we don' t get promotion

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GreenSam":2r633l0j said:
up_the_line":2r633l0j said:
I must admit I'm struggling to see where we'll get another 10 or 12 points from
We'll be fine. It's easy to get a run of form together. As crappy as the last few games have been (and I'm no green tint, you should see my livid post on the brief synopsis thread) we should keep at least a modicum of perspective. We've had a depleted squad and a tough run of games. This time next week we could have O'Connor back, Reid back, Kellett back, Hartley fit and three games coming up against very weak sides indeed. Form peaks and troughs in this league. We're underacheiving and today made my blood boil but you're never as good as you think you are when you win and you're never as bad as you think you are when you lose.

When we get a run of games against the crap teams in this league, we can still easily notch a few wins together. We even now don't concede very many goals in spite of Reid and Alessandra deciding to have an alarming dip in form up front.

I agree with most of that except to say that Morcambe are not weak and having lost just two games from their last eight will be level on points with us if they win at Home Park.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I guess I'm just assuming they'll be bad because they always go on a terrible post-Christmas run, without fail. Saturday's a good day for it to start then.

L

lewjam14

i agree with steve evans :tumbleweed: , i said this in November there might be a nasty surprise come end of the season. i cant see us getting 12-15 points when we cant score and our deference looks shambles if we didn't have have super Luke we most probably be 19th 20th

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
we wont go down we only need 12 points to be safe even Fletcher would manage that, however I would not be unhappy if he went
Firstly knowing this week he was losing loan players and had injury doubts why tell Jamie Richards he has no future at the club? surely a better option would be that he's come back and has a chance to get into the team whilst the loan players situations are sorted.
Imagine how he was feeling yesterday? sat on the bench knowing the manager doesn't fancy you but your there because he has no one else.

2ndly why has he not had a list of replacements sounded out prior to now with O'Connor and Reid both not wanting to commit. Personally whilst both are fine players I am not sure that they are the sort of players we want attitude wise, Neither have had a sustained first team career anywhere yet are hanging around like seasoned Pro's maybe do like Connor come her for a couple of seasons get games under your belts and move onto better things even Reuban seemed to understand that philosophy in the summer.

Things don't look right Reuban looks dis-interested at best, would not surprise me if we have problems again with him shortly after a move

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreenSam":w8f1xhic said:

I tend to agree with most of your posts and much of this one, but I am no longer convinced by the magical powers of Warnock. At Palace he was left a wonderful legacy by Pulis and couldn't even match it, let alone improve on it. He has had some decent spells as a manager in the past but his time has gone now.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Agree. He's 67 I think and past his best, returning to a former club rarely works, he has a habit of falling out with everyone. Do you think he would work under the budget restraints Sheridan does? An unpleasant person who will usually blame the referee and then anybody else for poor performances. And his style of football is pretty dire to watch as well. No thanks.