another relegation battle? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

another relegation battle?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Potentially several hundred thousand pounds from a Wembley appearance.

G

Greenskin

memory man":5h0pgw2d said:
GreenSam":5h0pgw2d said:
With someone like Warnock at the helm I think this side could still make a charge for the automatic promotion spots. BUT I still genuinely think we'll just sneak, kicking and screaming into the top seven even if we keep Sheridan as manager. Here's why:

Although there has been poo management and underperforming from the players in recent games, there has also undeniably been some bad luck too. The bad luck does not excuse an awful record of 2 points from 5 games and nor does it excuse the fact that we are 9th in the table. But the facts remain that when we had a run of no bad luck, we were absolutely coasting through games with no problem at all. October was the month where it all came together and we were unstoppable at home. It's true that it's our own fault that we cannot adapt to bad luck but that doesn't change the fact that some bad luck has happened.

- Oxford would have petered out into a standard, regulation home win if not for Bentley going off
- Newport. A crap pitch against a side on incredible form where we still had a lot of chances.
-Today. The curse of 1,000 injuries and ineligible players.

Southend was a legitimately good point and York was the one game which was completely rubbish with no mitigating factors.

Hartley will be back soon. So will either Bobby Reid and O'Connor or replacements for them. Kellett who is a better attacker than Purrington will probably be back soon along with all the other players who were injured today. Our next three games are against Morecambe, Hartlepool and Accrington. We all know how easy it is to climb this league if you get a run of form together. Players are coming back to fitness and we're playing crap teams. Southend and Luton we had a lot of players injured against good teams. If we still flunk it even in much more favourable circumstances, then I too will jump on the mid-table bus. As it stands, I still think we'll have something to play for going in to May in spite of my disappointment towards Sheridan.
I tend to agree with most of your posts and much of this one, but I am no longer convinced by the magical powers of Warnock. At Palace he was left a wonderful legacy by Pulis and couldn't even match it, let alone improve on it. He has had some decent spells as a manager in the past but his time has gone now.

Warnocks promotion season at Argyle was in fact very similar in pattern to this one. At almost exactly the same time of the year, Argyle had the following run of results;

Gillingham L 0-1
Exeter D 2-2
Preston L 2-3
Colchester D 1-1
Scunthorpe L 1-3
Northampton L 0-1

which left Argyle in 7th position, not a million miles away from where they are now.

The reaction was predictably frothy mouthed but Warnock was able to bring in people like Partridge and Corrazin to get things going again, lets hope the manager is allowed to bring in someone of similar quality this time- I have my doubts about that but you can but hope. He had much more money to spend than Sheridan, using the legacy of the sale of the remainder of Shiltons team to finance the squad, which was very expensively assembled by fourth division standards and Warnock by no means convinced everyone that he was a managerial genius. In his book on the season, he comments on some of the abusive, sometimes warped, letters that he received from people during that bad run-it was certainly not an easy and stress free ride, maybe the rose tinted spectacles are worn sometimes when looking back at those times.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I didn't enjoy the football or the season generally under Warnock as the play offs were the minimum expected. Obviously the Colchester and Darlington play off games capped it memorably but I have no other real fond memories.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
jerryatricjanner":1lejteuv said:
I didn't enjoy the football or the season generally under Warnock as the play offs were the minimum expected. Obviously the Colchester and Darlington play off games capped it memorably but I have no other real fond memories.

Very true although I do remember Littlejohn and Billy running the length of the old Wigan ground giving v signs to the home fans who had been racially abusing them all afternoon when Littlejohn scored. The 3-0 loss at Hereford which ended all automatic promotion hopes sticks in the mind too.

Nov 4, 2012
You're surely not serious? We only need 4 more wins to reach 51 points which will almost certainly be enough.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Steve Evans":1eqbm5o0 said:
take a look at the table.we are four wins and a draw above dagenham.they are next to bottom.i feel with the abysmal coaching/fitness/lack of tactics we could go down.

If this isn't post of the year, then there's no justice in this world. :funny:

Apr 30, 2011
Mods - surely Steve Evans is a troll? Can't something be done about him as his continual dribble of negative nonsense is begining to spoil this fantastic forum

G

Greenskin

Graham Evans":3aq9sf94 said:
Is having an opinion now considered trolling ?

No it isn't. It's just the never ending stream of unsubstantiated crap from that attention seeking knob that really tends to get on ones mammaries.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I'd say 13 points from the last available 33 and 1 goal in the last 4 games makes the ops concerns pretty substantiated if you ask me.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Greenskin":1xbgb39j said:
Graham Evans":1xbgb39j said:

No it isn't. It's just the never ending stream of unsubstantiated crap from that attention seeking cod piece that really tends to get on ones mammaries.
It takes all sorts to make up an interesting forum.Live and let live. It would be even more boring or get on some mammaries even more if everyone sang from the same hymn sheet all the time. That would be debate and discussion finished. If Pasoti still has the ignore button you have that option if it upsets you that much.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
jerryatricjanner":31xc2gfl said:
Greenskin":31xc2gfl said:
Graham Evans":31xc2gfl said:

No it isn't. It's just the never ending stream of unsubstantiated crap from that attention seeking cod piece that really tends to get on ones mammaries.
It takes all sorts to make up an interesting forum.Live and let live. It would be even more boring or get on some mammaries even more if everyone sang from the same hymn sheet all the time. That would be debate and discussion finished. If Pasoti still has the ignore button you have that option if it upsets you that much.

Who said that? ;)

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Penmaster":2v0dfvb6 said:
Mods - surely Steve Evans is a troll? Can't something be done about him as his continual dribble of negative nonsense is begining to spoil this fantastic forum
:lol:
the ying and yang
Steve Evans/greenarmy1984.

and I wouldn't say fantastic. something to waste your time on Argyle related matters with like minded time wasting people.