Any trialists tonight? (Norburn & Capriotti confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Any trialists tonight? (Norburn & Capriotti confirmed)

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Bristol Rovers fan on Norburn:
Decent passer but thinks he is an exceptional passer, therefore ends up trying too much that doesn't come off. He's a bit of a shirker but can be talented. He got released half way through last season due to some legal problems. I'm not going to mention on here what he did, but lets just say the talk of it by our fans is why our official forum got closed down and quite possibly the deep rooted problem as to why we went down. He's not the best egg to have in your dressing room, but if you've got good characters you'd hope he wouldn't be influencing people.

I'd keep clear.

Interesting.

Sep 2, 2008
LeonTheGreen":kze2ks9t said:
Bristol Rovers fan on Norburn:
Decent passer but thinks he is an exceptional passer, therefore ends up trying too much that doesn't come off. He's a bit of a shirker but can be talented. He got released half way through last season due to some legal problems. I'm not going to mention on here what he did, but lets just say the talk of it by our fans is why our official forum got closed down and quite possibly the deep rooted problem as to why we went down. He's not the best egg to have in your dressing room, but if you've got good characters you'd hope he wouldn't be influencing people.

I'd keep clear.

Interesting.

Interesting indeed. The bit about not being 'the best egg to have in your dressing room' reminded me of something I thought I saw in his play last night. There were a couple of occasions when he didn't get a pass that he thought he should have and his reaction I would say was more of petulance than disappointment. I hope Shezza steers clear.

B

barmybodminbill

One , only one bad remark from a rovers fan and nothing proven or no one willing to say out and hes been written off, JS will know all problems he has/had and yet he still got him here on a trial, give the lad a chance...I didnt go last night but going on the views on here from those that did he seems to have had a good game with about 75% saying so and saying lets see some more, i will rely on JS to get it right, he will be seeing him i assume train daily and hopefully play again and he will make the right decision based on that.....

P

Plymouth-Spurs

Im not going to defend his performance, as i wasn't there last night and didn't see Capriotti play, but I am a firm believer in giving players more than one game. We do need to face the fact he has come from Cali and never played in England before, and too play for Argyle is a big step.

In my opinion, give him 2 weeks, assess his training then let him have a couple of games... then decided whether to keep him or not. For all we know he is looking sharp in training and just needs to get a little use to the environment.

Lets see how he get on against Weymouth on Saturday i reckons....

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Agree with the above post, but Capriotti just didn't look up to L2 standard. And with regard to Norburn being a potential disruption in the dressing room, Shez won't put up with any primadonnas (PCH) and neither will our very own dressing room manager Wotts. So, if he's good enough, and I believe he might be, then we will have to wait and see.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Wasn't there but a load of nonsense about relegation. He was released by Rovers who went down, the managers who took them down didn't play him and released him, they obviously didn't then replace him with 'better' players who kept them up?

So, logically, you would consider any of their players on merit but the Manager's shortcomings are demonstrated by their relegation? The fact that the failing manager didn't rate him might point to him being a good player but not a relegation dogfight scrapper??

Dec 9, 2008
To pass the time of day (waiting for a meeting) I took a little look at Rovers forum, it would appear that some gas heads are speculating why Oli left the club by "mutual consent" during the season.. If the said rumours are true about a couple of our new/potential new players, Argyle could put on one mighty promotion party :lol:

Their thread on him is a very interesting read.. (Both on and off the pitch matters)

Jun 8, 2014
argylemad93":3k6306xk said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/John-Sheridan-likes-look-Plymouth-Argyle-trialist/story-21652946-detail/story.html

Looks like sheridan is quite keen on Norburn also says Capriotti is unlikely to get a deal but will still play against Weymouth

Yep, would appear we've found our new central midfielder. Only fair Capriotti plays a part having come so far. Who knows what he might do.. ;)

C

Cobi Budge.

Good man management from Sheridan allowing Capriotti another game even though he seems to have made up his mind, after all, he's traveled a very long way for this trial, who knows, could wow everyone at Weymouth.

Jul 2, 2014
Interesting reading indeed on the Rovers discussion board. So on field he made good progress, but he was "rummered" to have "allegedly" been associated with an inappropriate "substance" that is imported (let's leave it at that). Nothing was charged. Nothing proved. And perhaps it was entirely, utterly false. Regardless, he left Rovers by "mutual consent." I suspect that the tensions in the club house were significant even though Rovers were staying (at the time) above the relegation zone. In tense situations, sometimes things get said that, regardless of their truth, increase the tension and disrupt matters, and players leave. We have some strong characters in our club house and JS knows how to keep things on a good footing. And we at Argyle also know how players are people and can sometimes make mistakes. We know that those players can seek ways to redeem themselves on and off the field. Enough said. If JS judges him to be worth a chance, I won't complain.

Jul 2, 2014
Fergy":ogarq5hy said:
Is Norburn really going to be a direct replacement for Conor? :?

No, JS says that we have lots of goal scorers already and, while Connors replacement should "chip in" on the goals, he is looking for someone who can control the midfield and feed the main goal scorers. I think that Reuben's progress last season had a lot to do with the improved service he received, so I can appreciate JS's view. I also think that JS has moved Tyler into midfield in part because we have enough players up front. (in addition to the fact that Tyler has good vision and potential as a passer).