Are we a top 7 team in League 2? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are we a top 7 team in League 2?

• Thread starter argylefaninwales
  • Start date
Oct 24, 2010
It's a tall order for any manager to achieve promotion in his first season in charge, particularly when he has to re-build the squad. Promotion would, of course, be fantastic but a realistic expectation would be a solid season developing the team for a serious tilt at promotion the season after.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Ainsworth didnt have too much bother from a far worse position then where Adams has had to start from this year and also Keith Hill did at Rochdale the year before.

I dont expect Automatic Promotion or Championship but I see no reason why Argyle should not be challenging for the palyoffs again.

Anything else and the manager has failed in my opinion

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not quite.

That's the result of the people that were surveyed, NOT the Green Army.

A sense of perspective is sometimes needed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":ujtmywo7 said:
Not quite.

That's the result of the people that were surveyed, NOT the Green Army.

A sense of perspective is sometimes needed.

Exactly. I didn't take part in the survey this year because I felt parts of it was pointless and outdated.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
But it does give a general sense of what the fans think. Just because you didn't do the survey, it doesn't mean it isn't an accurate portrayal of the mood at HP

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It certainly does. Like all polls/surveys it gives an idea of what the feeling is.

My point was '75% of the Green Army thinks we'll be in the top seven' is not right.

Neither is 'not one fan fears relegation' also not fact.

The word 'surveyed' was missed out.

I would hope this site never makes such a claim. If it did, it too would be incorrect.

I, by the way, did fill it out as I always do, for some reason I like doing it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Monster Green":1q6794pq said:
But it does give a general sense of what the fans think. Just because you didn't do the survey, it doesn't mean it isn't an accurate portrayal of the mood at HP

Hence I led with the words "I felt", as in my opinion, but we are going off topic....

Aug 7, 2008
Devon
Yes - Automatics nothing less. We are way too big for this league lets show some expectation instead of oh lets be happy with play offs. If we don't get promoted it will be an absolute disaster.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We'd be silly not to.

But to be fair to all polls of this type you don't really get the chance to say 'I fancy promotion but privately crap myself we could be playing Eastleigh' next season.

Hence my thoughts that ALL such surveys are taken lightly and by no means should be taken as a serious reflection of what Argyle fans think'.

If we lost the first four, and we did a poll on here, there would be be a few RELEGATED merchants amongst us.

Apr 30, 2011
I think it will entirely depend on the success of our loan signings. The team as it stands is strong enough with all players fit and on firm to be in the promotion hunt but we will definitely need loan players along the way. What I do like about this squad is the number of attacking options available. The strikers all have different strengths and the attacking midfielders have good track records. We are still lacking numbers in centre midfield and probably on the right of midfield and it will probably be loan players who remedy this. Certainly then strongest point of JS reign was his ability to integrate loan players into the squad and if DA can repeat this we could be in with a shout.

Mar 14, 2009
I have no evidence to base this on but just a hunch and a bit professionalism from DA and team. I think Argyle, barring a number of serious injuries, can get promoted.

Yet, I have this feeling we can win the league. Based on what I heard and the areas DA has addressed we could do very well.

The bloke is driven. Now there will be 23 other mangers like this but how he goes about things seemingly makes sense. Now this could make me look very foolish but I'm convinced Argyle will do very well this season.

Even if I am wrong, I'm convinced the style of play will be much better, that games will see us score more goals and we will have method to our team shape.

The other reason I think we shall do well is because Argyle played boring, counter attacking football that only worked if we scored first. Tactics were not existence when we fell behind. If Argyle can finish 7th and be that poor I believe surely there is definite room for improvement.

Apr 4, 2007
Grantham, Lincs
Would like to think so but as many have said bit early to label the team without seeing it play, went to cambridge last year first up and thought for an early performance it showed promise, after Christmas it was only the lack of consistency from other teams that kept us in the running.
With a manager living local and a smaller squad, maybe some home grown youth and attacking intent instead of a flat back 6 you've gotta think we're in with a chance, first season i would love to be in the play offs, the sooner we're out of this division tho......

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Metal_Green_Mickey":kwofoep5 said:
I have no evidence to base this on but just a hunch and a bit professionalism from DA and team. I think Argyle, barring a number of serious injuries, can get promoted.

Yet, I have this feeling we can win the league. Based on what I heard and the areas DA has addressed we could do very well.

The bloke is driven. Now there will be 23 other mangers like this but how he goes about things seemingly makes sense. Now this could make me look very foolish but I'm convinced Argyle will do very well this season.

Even if I am wrong, I'm convinced the style of play will be much better, that games will see us score more goals and we will have method to our team shape.

The other reason I think we shall do well is because Argyle played boring, counter attacking football that only worked if we scored first. Tactics were not existence when we fell behind. If Argyle can finish 7th and be that poor I believe surely there is definite room for improvement.

This...in spadeloads!!

I haven't felt as confident about a forthcoming season in a long, long time!

This is OUR season.