Are we a top 7 team in League 2? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are we a top 7 team in League 2?

• Thread starter argylefaninwales
  • Start date
In addition to all of the above, I'm feeling confident because I see no evidence that our biggest rivals in this division, particularly Luton and Pompey, have done much to change their squad or management from last year, unlike ourselves. Teddy Sheringham at Stevenage is an interesting appointment, but so far he's relying mainly on last year's squad.

Feb 19, 2013
mervyn":9qrxbjs9 said:
In addition to all of the above, I'm feeling confident because I see no evidence that our biggest rivals in this division, particularly Luton and Pompey, have done much to change their squad or management from last year, unlike ourselves. Teddy Sheringham at Stevenage is an interesting appointment, but so far he's relying mainly on last year's squad.

Portsmouth have a new manger in Paul cook who took chesterfield to the playoffs in league 1 last season and have also signed a number of decent new players, while I'm pretty sure I read that Luton had made there 9th new signing the other day.
Anyway we shouldn't worry about other teams and what they do.

Apr 20, 2010
SUNDERLAND
The two teams worrying me are Luton Town and Notts Co.. Ricardo Moniz was five minutes from keeping the latter up last season and has made some very impressive signings this close-season.
I share the enthusiasm others feel for Derek Adams. If Sheridan had still been in charge I'd have written you off but I'm excited and optimistic about what Adams might achieve.

Ho Ho Green Benny":3ottzsco said:
mervyn":3ottzsco said:

Portsmouth have a new manger in Paul cook who took chesterfield to the playoffs in league 1 last season and have also signed a number of decent new players, while I'm pretty sure I read that Luton had made there 9th new signing the other day.
Anyway we shouldn't worry about other teams and what they do.

Good point. Forgotten about that.

May 11, 2014
Ivybridge
I feel as though last season League 2 was generally weaker, this season it seems as though there's 8 or 9 teams that a lot of people are predicting will win the league, strong teams like Leyton Orient and Notts County have come down from league 1, the other teams that reached the playoffs have strengthened and a few teams that finished lower in the table last season have made some great signings, of those who did not finish in the playoffs last season, Luton, Northampton, oxford and Portsmouth all seem as though they will be real challengers this season. But I still think that we can make it.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Oxford will only be a threat if they sack their hopeless manager very very soon.

Portsmouth... surely they must achieve their potential eventually? Will probably be up there.

Leyton Orient are a bit close to the edge financially, have lost their best players and most of their fans have zero hope of going straight back up.

Notts County will win the league if their manager turns out to be good.

Yeovil will just be interested in consolidating after two successive relegations, might sneak top 7 but they won't be in the mix for the auto's.

Never ever rule out Exeter with Tidsdale in charge, plus I'm sure at least some of the Grimes money would have gone on team strengthening. Sercombe's a big loss though.

Crawley - doubt it.

Stevenage's players may struggle to adapt quickly to the change between playing American Football and normal Football.

Wycombe may be up there again but you feel that their chance was last season for automatic promotion.

As for us... I think getting Reuben fit and keeping Simpson, Carey and Wylde fit will be pivotal. For the first time since about 2010 it looks like we could have an actual midfield, if we can get this right winger in that is. I'd like to think we'll be in the mix for top 3 if the above things happen.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Dreamgreen":1cw3qyvb said:
IJN":1cw3qyvb said:
We are in for a little big and roller coaster ride that's for sure.

Besides ups and downs there are crashes as well :think:

I hope you're not referring to the Alton Towers crash, coz that's out of order if you are, considering what happened to those poor girls.

Sep 8, 2013
With today's loan signing and hope for news soon of strengthening at RM I am becoming very much more optimistic for this coming season and play-off/automatic possibilities

C

Cobi Budge.

I quite like the fact that few are forecasting a top 7 finish for us (both our fans and other fans). Get the feeling it'll be an under the radar job.

The squad isn't all there but we've made some very tidy acquisitions, who seem to be acquitting themselves well.

For the first time in a long time, the fan base are actually positive and excited going into a new season.

Anyway, my L2 prediction:

1. Wycombe
2. Cambridge
3. Oxford

4. Pompey
5. Plymouth Argyle
6. Notts County
7. Stevenage

23. Mansfield
24. York

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Wycombe, really?! Can't see it this season..or Cambridge for that matter. Take those two out of your top 7 and I reckon the ramaining 5 would be about right.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Pompey?

Ah yes!! The media dahlings and the bookies favourites each season.

Remind me what they have achieved that has bettered our seasons?

P

PAFC Galactico

Got to put Luton in there somewhere, I think they will win it.

Nov 15, 2013
My money is on us and straight up no messing about with the play-offs. I think Luggy's lot will be there with Wycombe and Luton being strong! It wouldn't surprise me if Rovers and Exeter had strong seasons - not that we want them too but it makes our "Local" derbies more attractive and can only help south west football on the whole!