Argyle “It is what it is” | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle “It is what it is”

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Dreamgreen":1feutkrp said:
I met a Bournemouth supporter of many years today. I know her quite well.

I asked her how was it "living the dream" in the top league.

Her reply ? We used to go everywhere to watch the team, but now we can't get tickets to go to away matches. When we do go the grounds are sterile. She said she would rather be back in the Championship. In the top league the only enjoyment is not to lose.

I remember meeting some Watford fans on the Barbican some years ago when we played them in the cup. They said the same thing.

So "is it all that when it is what we wish it was" ?
Last season my son and I went to the Accrington away game. While there we met up with the widow and son of former Argyle player Tommy Barrett. Nick (the son) gave us two season tickets for Old Trafford the next day - it was the cup tie against West Ham. This season I cannot wait to return to Accrington but do not have the same urge to go back to Old Trafford. Of course, I would be thrilled to see Argyle make it to the top tier but that weekend in Lancashire told me that for a proper football experience, it is hard to beat somewhere like Accrington. Following Stanley is probably the epitome of "It is what it is" but I liked it and I loved the people we met in their social club. I was almost as disappointed that they missed out on promotion as I was about Argyle.