Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sam, I block that man along with others of his type, I don't like lies.

However, the only Twitter I have read, is what has bee retweeted by the club on the right page of this fine site.

I believe as he's referred to the ECFC game, he was referring to Saturday.

As for quoting posts back I believe ninjamissle has covered the root cause admirably.

Trolling is trolling no matter how well it is disguised.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fair enough Ian, but you should have seen that the complaint is towards Argyle's tweet from 2 hours ago, after the joke has been repeated several times already since the win. Like I said, I think they've overdone it and its gone from banter to unsporting. It's NOT a complaint of Saturday's enjoyment, not by any stretch.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In that case I have got it wrong, I simply read the retweet from PAFC.

Still, once again, people like to have a pop rather than praise which is very sad and quite honestly boring from the same people non stop.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lots of people were having a pop at the Argyle twitter feed for the nicknames. People like to moan, it doesn't really do any harm. The Argyle twitter feed equally likes to wind people up. They're all as bad as each other. :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't follow PAFC on twitter, so I never read it first hand. :greensmile:

Jan 3, 2013
I was one of the chief moaners re the manager not displaying any passion, leaning against the dug out etc, gobsmacked and delighted to see Mr Sheridan's response at the end of the match on the highlights, also why can't the club gloat? I agree with IJN let's get behind the team and club and sod the trollers who would love us to fail. I thought the NKVD and Stasi no longer existed. CMON YOU GREENS and blow it may be against my wishes but.......GET THAT BLEDDY DRUM OUT IN THE DEMPORT on Saturday

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
spowell92":2yhsapwc said:
Lots of people were having a pop at the Argyle twitter feed for the nicknames. People like to moan, it doesn't really do any harm. The Argyle twitter feed equally likes to wind people up. They're all as bad as each other. :lol:

I think I said something similar to you on Twitter Sam, personally I think the nicknames are rather cretinous (although I'd never go as far as to say I "despise" them), they don't portray a very professional image of the club.

A win over our local rivals, extending our winning run and improving our bid for promotion is something we as a club should be celebrating, lord knows we haven't had that chance to enjoy ourselves over the last few years. To knock the club for enjoying the success of their hard work is miserable in the extreme IMO.

Our Twitter feed is a joke it's hard to dispute that really, it winds more people up than it informs which is not the way it is supposed to be I'd have thought. As far as goading Exeter though, that's surely what the derby is all about; bit of a wind up, if we can't have that what can we enjoy?

C

Cobi Budge.

I agree about the tweets during the game, they've improved a lot lately.

BUT, I still think it's a bit pathetic the club twitter retweets criticism to try and show fans up, it's simply not professional.

Cobi Budge.":1cpr48xt said:
I agree about the tweets during the game, they've improved a lot lately.

BUT, I still think it's a bit pathetic the club twitter retweets criticism to try and show fans up, it's simply not professional.

Agree with that 100%. I am at a loss to explain why they do those retweets.

I follow a lot of American sport, and their tweets (and general advertising etc) are streets, nay oceans ahead of what "we" put out there. Obviously our budget is a mere fraction of what they spend, but you would never see an NFL, MLB or NHL official feed retweet someone calling them an embarrassment.

Anyway, looking forward to the next Curtis Nelson bobblehead day.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
To be fair the Argyle Twitter feed has improved a lot over the last year and the use of social media by the club was recently judged to be the best in League Two and the 8th best from 148 football, cricket and rugby clubs around the UK.

Only two clubs in League Two (Pompey and surprisingly AFC Wimbledon) have more followers than @only1argyle.

So credit where it's due.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/topo ... 73695.aspx

I think the dropping of the players nicknames played a big part in the official Twitter gaining back some respect among the fans.

It just needs to stop retweeting the criticism from the nonentities because it gives them the exposure they don't deserve or warrant.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
spowell92":39500nbz said:
IJN":39500nbz said:
spowell92":39500nbz said:
Connor Clarke":39500nbz said:
Has anybody actually complained about Saturday's tweets?

Nope. But why let the truth get in the way?

Before you get lippy Sam you really should check your facts. You'll end up looking silly else.

I'm pretty confident in believing you're referring to Roger, as I've seen the "outrage" vented towards him on twitter this evening. He's found the club unprofessional in its constant gloating after our win on Saturday. As Carl said, it was Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Today. There's a point when you've gotta say the joke's been over done a bit.

I'm generally not bothered by the twitter feed's antics, after it was criticised by MANY on here for it's unprofessional nickname line ups and often lame jokes. I think the media team on the whole are doing excellent work this season with Charlie's matchday moments and recently us Argyle player subscribers have had quality extended highlights to enjoy (that's really really appreciated if whoever is involved in that reads this). However, I do believe that the way we're milking Saturday's win, by not reveling in our achievement but trying to wind up Exeter fans, is pretty unsporting and distasteful in victory. A good ribbing after full-time, sure. But several days later just becomes a bit obsessive.

Ian, if you can show me genuine complaints of Saturday's tweets then fine and I'll apologise, but I've not seen that and the timing of this thread seems mightily coincidental...
Personally I will probably gloat untill we play and beat them again be it next season or whenever we play them again, no jumped up teenager, freak or wierdo is going to tell me I can't or shouldn't after supporting our club for 40 odd years and endured six toes poo for just as long,if you don't like it don't friggin read it.