Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Well done Argyle

High praise

All did a cracking job on Saturday

Twitter page was brilliant & great updates throughout the weekend & Monday with Matchday moments & Goalcam

Green Army !!!! :scarf:

There's only One Team In Devon :scarf:

Feb 18, 2015
If the tweet highlighted refers to the club's official twitter still gloating on a Tuesday after a game then I find it a tad crass. I find the retweeting of that even more disturbing as the person who did it would have known the abuse that would be coming the authors way. Regardless of his views on this subject I believe that this person has spent a great deal of their time and money following Argyle over the years and doesn't deserve to be treated as such.

The crass nature of the official feed gloating plays into the hands of those who view Argyle as "village". We beat Exeter in a ground that reminds people "how far we've fallen". Enjoy the weekend and for those with Exeter supporting work colleagues, enjoy Monday, but we've got 14 more games and a vital one in 3 days time to get out of this cesspit division and at least back to "where we belong". Yes, official twitter feeds can be a bit more irreverent but one thing I have learned watching Argyle for many years is you never know when you'll end up playing these people again and being on the end of a wrong 'un.

"Lose with dignity, celebrate with grace"

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
pilgrimmike1":gujjnxiu said:
spowell92":gujjnxiu said:
IJN":gujjnxiu said:
spowell92":gujjnxiu said:
Connor Clarke":gujjnxiu said:
Has anybody actually complained about Saturday's tweets?

Nope. But why let the truth get in the way?

Before you get lippy Sam you really should check your facts. You'll end up looking silly else.

I'm pretty confident in believing you're referring to Roger, as I've seen the "outrage" vented towards him on twitter this evening. He's found the club unprofessional in its constant gloating after our win on Saturday. As Carl said, it was Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Today. There's a point when you've gotta say the joke's been over done a bit.

I'm generally not bothered by the twitter feed's antics, after it was criticised by MANY on here for it's unprofessional nickname line ups and often lame jokes. I think the media team on the whole are doing excellent work this season with Charlie's matchday moments and recently us Argyle player subscribers have had quality extended highlights to enjoy (that's really really appreciated if whoever is involved in that reads this). However, I do believe that the way we're milking Saturday's win, by not reveling in our achievement but trying to wind up Exeter fans, is pretty unsporting and distasteful in victory. A good ribbing after full-time, sure. But several days later just becomes a bit obsessive.

Ian, if you can show me genuine complaints of Saturday's tweets then fine and I'll apologise, but I've not seen that and the timing of this thread seems mightily coincidental...
Personally I will probably gloat untill we play and beat them again be it next season or whenever we play them again, no jumped up teenager, freak or wierdo is going to tell me I can't or shouldn't after supporting our club for 40 odd years and endured six toes sh1te for just as long,if you don't like it don't friggin read it.

You're a fan, absolutely enjoy - I certainly am. I'm watching the highlights and matchday moments twice daily and showing all my friends that come round. But the official stance of the club should be to win in a sporting manner. As DW put above "Lose with dignity, celebrate with grace". Banter is fine, but the over egging of the same joke slowly sees it turn into a more unsavory and unsporting gloat. If the guys running the accounts want to gloat and wind City fans up and abuse our own fans then that's fine, but they should have their personal accounts to do so, not use the official twitter account as a platform for their own petty behaviour.

Feb 21, 2011
Personally think we should gloat on whatever medium is available up until the next time we have to play them, hopefully never. As for retweeting negative tweets haven't an issue with that either if people put it out there then they should have no problem standing by their comment, otherwise don't post it, simple really.

Jan 3, 2013
spowell92":mubg6n6t said:
pilgrimmike1":mubg6n6t said:
IJN":mubg6n6t said:
Connor Clarke":mubg6n6t said:
Has anybody actually complained about Saturday's tweets?

Nope. But why let the truth get in the way?

Before you get lippy Sam you really should check your facts. You'll end up looking silly else.

I'm pretty confident in believing you're referring to Roger, as I've seen the "outrage" vented towards him on twitter this evening. He's found the club unprofessional in its constant gloating after our win on Saturday. As Carl said, it was Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Today. There's a point when you've gotta say the joke's been over done a bit.

I'm generally not bothered by the twitter feed's antics, after it was criticised by MANY on here for it's unprofessional nickname line ups and often lame jokes. I think the media team on the whole are doing excellent work this season with Charlie's matchday moments and recently us Argyle player subscribers have had quality extended highlights to enjoy (that's really really appreciated if whoever is involved in that reads this). However, I do believe that the way we're milking Saturday's win, by not reveling in our achievement but trying to wind up Exeter fans, is pretty unsporting and distasteful in victory. A good ribbing after full-time, sure. But several days later just becomes a bit obsessive.

Ian, if you can show me genuine complaints of Saturday's tweets then fine and I'll apologise, but I've not seen that and the timing of this thread seems mightily coincidental...
Personally I will probably gloat untill we play and beat them again be it next season or whenever we play them again, no jumped up teenager, freak or wierdo is going to tell me I can't or shouldn't after supporting our club for 40 odd years and endured six toes sh1te for just as long,if you don't like it don't friggin read it.

You're a fan, absolutely enjoy - I certainly am. I'm watching the highlights and matchday moments twice daily and showing all my friends that come round. But the official stance of the club should be to win in a sporting manner. As DW put above "Lose with dignity, celebrate with grace". Banter is fine, but the over egging of the same joke slowly sees it turn into a more unsavory and unsporting gloat. If the guys running the accounts want to gloat and wind City fans up and abuse our own fans then that's fine, but they should have their personal accounts to do so, not use the official twitter account as a platform for their own petty behaviour.
oh I say, jolly well played, bad look old bean, is that what you mean? RUBBISH it's the 21st century, and I'll gloat until ...if ever.....we play them again. As far as I'm concerned if Argo win every game of the rest of the season one nil with an own goal in the last minute having been completely outplayed I Don't care. I watch The Arsenal from my armchair to be entertained, Argo from block 11 to see them win. Fan for over 40 years? I'll see you and raise to over 54 years.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Womble":1imb8a9g said:
IJN":1imb8a9g said:
This is a compliment then is it?

You actually started a thread based on that tweet?

Here comes the trouble sniffer! :facepalm:

No, there were more, I couldn't be arsed screenshotting them all.

I tell you what Womb if you really have to bung your beak into every debate, try doing your homework first eh?

You really are like the bespectacled twerp in the school playground who would be first to see a punch-up and shout 'fight' at the top of his squeaky little voice.

This 3 page thread has been commented on by various posters from different angles, we even have a long departed 'please delete my account' poster come back under a new name, so this site must be doing something right.

:scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":382v29cj said:
Womble":382v29cj said:
IJN":382v29cj said:
This is a compliment then is it?

You actually started a thread based on that tweet?

Here comes the trouble sniffer! :facepalm:

No, there were more, I couldn't be arsed screenshotting them all.

I tell you what Womb if you really have to bung your beak into every debate, try doing your homework first eh?

You really are like the bespectacled twerp in the school playground who would be first to see a punch-up and shout 'fight' at the top of his squeaky little voice.

This 3 page thread has been commented on by various posters from different angles, we even have a long departed 'please delete my account' poster come back under a new name, so this site must be doing something right.

:scarf:

Indeed. :) It's surprising how many posters have returned in recent times, all using different names. It's good to see and no problem but quite amusing and ironic.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knarf Reprah":fsy9xmzd said:
oh I say, jolly well played, bad look old bean, is that what you mean? RUBBISH it's the 21st century, and I'll gloat until ...if ever.....we play them again. As far as I'm concerned if Argo win every game of the rest of the season one nil with an own goal in the last minute having been completely outplayed I Don't care. I watch The Arsenal from my armchair to be entertained, Argo from block 11 to see them win. Fan for over 40 years? I'll see you and raise to over 54 years.

Frank, considering your well documented beliefs I'm not sure you can really tell me to get with the times... :whistle:

To be honest though, the way the Twitter account behaves doesn't bother me too much. I don't think they act in a particularly professional way and as one of the faces of the club I don't think they present a particularly good image of us, but I'm not going to complain to any authority about it.

People have a right to their opinion, whether they think the account is unsavoury in its gloating or whether it's just plain fun banter. I was initially with the latter, but by the 4th day I felt more inclined with the former. What I object to is the "I'm a better fan than you"/"you're not a real fan" poo that's being bandied around by some because others aren't waving middle fingers in the faces of every City fan they can find.

Bring on Bury, no place for over confidence or complacency.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Shows how far we've come if this is what we're moaning about.

Good to see the scramble for the moral high-ground in an argument where there is none.

Anyway:

Those poor little Exeter fans, having their noses rubbed in it :scarf: :lol:

"Big Bank" :funny:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
spowell":29rj1ozi said:
What I object to is the "I'm a better fan than you"/"you're not a real fan" sh1te that's being bandied around by some because others aren't waving middle fingers in the faces of every City fan they can find.

Haven't seen any of that myself.

However, there are a group of people, who don't attend, and seem to love knocking, at every opportunity, ANYTHING positive about the club.

This sad little clique are well known to most, and occasionally it's therapeutic to poke fun at them, which in reality is abo9ut 1% payback.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Missed this one?

Don't panic...there'll be another bandwagon along shortly.